Being High

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is another boring Monday morning. After the events on Saturday night, I've been sure to steer clear of TOP and just get on with my life. I shouldn't let a stupid boy effect my emotions. 

Lightly drumming my fingers against the table, I sigh and look around the room. Everyone's heads are ducked down, intent on completing the paper in front of them - Our English test. Yes, the unfortunate week has come by where all assessments and exams are crammed into the same week - a planned tactic by the teachers to make the students suffer.

Infinite minutes pass until the end of period four bells finally rings. I push out of my seat, handing my own finished test paper to the teacher and making my way out of the classroom and into the corridors, where students are gradually filling up the room and heading towards the cafeteria. I follow the crowd, and upon my arrival to the cafeteria, I am pleasantly surprised to find Jiyong and Chaerin, shoving each other's tongues down their throats. 

As I walk to my lunch table, my mind begins to drift off and I begin to wonder why he is the way that he is. Is he just naturally a delinquent or is there a reason behind it? The question has come across my mind a few times, and his rebellious nature still perplexes me. His home situation seems pretty good. I know his parents aren't around often but it seems his parents do reach out to him as much as they can. So what could've possibly made him this way - if there even is a reason? 

I sit next to Dara and greet her with a smile. She scowls in frustration at the scene in front of us and scrunch up my nose in response, "I know."

"He's beautiful and all, but please, I need a break! My appetite has vanquished," she sighs. 

"Yeah I know, but just try and ignore it," I tell her as I stare at Jiyong, jealousy flaring within me. 

"It's kinda difficult when they're practically having in the middle of the cafeteria. They're all over each other," she scowls at me, "Ugh. I'm just in a crabby mood. Been staying up late every night - no thanks to all these damn assessments... Bom? Bomma, are you listening?" she asks, clicking her fingers in front of my face. 

I snap my longing gaze away from Jiyong and smile at Dara, "I know. I had the same problem. I was up till 2am last night. I'm exhausted." 

Dara raises an eyebrow, "Were you just giving Jiyong googly eyes?" 

"Ha! No..."

A grin cracks onto Dara's face, "You were! You so want him."

"I so don't," I scoff.

"Yes you do. Admit it, you have a crush on him." 

I feel my stomach twist from her accusation and my breath hitches. "I-I..."

No. I couldn't have a crush on him. He's been so mean to me and there's no way in hell that I'd have feelings for him after everything he's said and done to me. 

My gaze flickers over to him, who was no longer kissing Chaerin, and instead had his arm slung around her shoulder casually as he talks to his friends. His gaze shifts to me and the faintest smile forms on his face before he quickly looks away, a frown returning to his face.

That action was enough to cause my heart to flutter and my buried longing for him to finally surface. I did have a crush on him.

"Oh no," I mutter, dropping my head into my palms, "I do..."

"I knew it," Dara grins.

▲ ▲ ▲

The rest of the week goes by uneventfully, apart from many sleepless nights of studying. But now, it's finally over and so here I am, lying in bed on a Saturday afternoon and watching Netflix. Earlier in the day I was out the front gardening with Jiyong’s mom which was a lot of fun, I must say, because we talked about a lot of different things and we got along really well. 

I hear a knock at the door, "Come in," I call as I pause the movie.

The door swings upon and Seungri sprints inside. "Bom!" he squeals, rushing over to me excitedly.

"Seungri?" I furrow my eyebrows, watching confusedly as Jiyong's energetic friend randomly runs into my room and dives onto my bed, embracing me in a strong hug. "Hello?"

"Babe, I've missed you," he coos, tearing away from me, "I swear, if Jiyong tries to tear us apart again, I'll-" he cuts himself short when he senses a presence behind him. His smile drops, "He's right behind me, isn't he?"

I nod my head.

"You'll what?" Jiyong challenges, quirking an amused eyebrow up at Seungri. I couldn't help but melt at his facial expression. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over how attractive he is. 

Seungri straightens himself and gulps out of fear. Meanwhile, I stare wide-eyed at the two. 

"So Bom, have you told your parents about us?" Seungri asks, striking up a casual conversation. I shake my head.

"Not yet but soon, my love," I sigh wist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter