[PART 2 ] Surfing Lesson

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Y-You said a swear word," Jiyong exclaims midst his laughter.

I laugh again, recalling when I screamed '' right before the third wave had come. "We shall not speak of that again," I giggle.

"Bomma!" Dara shouts. I turn and laugh when I find Dara standing on a surfboard, her arms waving in the air madly.

"Wuah daebak!" I call out to her, throwing her the thumbs up. I watch with a big smile as she rides the wave all the way to shore. I turn back to Jiyong, smiling widely, "She did it!"

When I look at him, a faint smile is on his face and he is looking at me. He blinks and looks away, a frown forming back onto his face. He turns away from me and grabs his surfboard, "Come on," he mutters, "Let’s go back to the beach."

He paddles off, leaving me to stare after him in confusion. What on earth just happened? He was fine two seconds ago. What changed?

Sighing, I swim after him, doing my best to keep up with him, "Are you okay?" I ask once reaching him. He shrugs. Something was off about him. "Did I say something?"

"No," he answers in a clipped tone.

"Then what's wrong?" I push. He was pushing me away again, except this time I wasn't going to let him.

". Nothing!" he snaps, paddling off. I stop going after him since I know it's helpless. He obviously needs some time alone to think, so maybe I'll talk to him when I get home. He stops paddling and looks back at me expectantly, "Well? Come on! What are you waiting for?"

"Oh," I reply with a confused frown. He still wanted me to go with him?

I swim after him and when we reach the beach he charges ahead of me towards the beach pathway, not before grabbing his wallet from where we set camp on the beach. I wrap myself with a towel and grab my wallet, too, assuming he's heading to the beach stand by the car park. I exhale frustratedly and rush after him, "Can you stop being so damn moody?" I ask when I finally catch up with him, "Now I don't know what you're suddenly so mad about, but you don't have to be so rude."

"I'm not mad," he snaps madly. I raise an eyebrow.

"Sure you aren't," I reply sarcastically, "And even if you weren't mad, you're still being really harsh and rude, so stop that."

"I'm not forcing you to put up with this. You don't have to come with me."

"Fine," I reply defiantly, stopping in my tracks and turning away.

He'll change his mind in three... two...

"Wait," he sighs. I grin. One. I spin on my heels with a blank expression and face him. "I am annoyed, and I don't mean to be harsh to you. It's just how I am. I'm sorry," he mutters. His apologies always sound so forced and it makes me wonder how many times he ever has apologised for anything.

"Wanna talk about it?" I offer.

"No."

"Okay, that's fine," I reply, walking ahead of him as he stares at me in confusion. I look back at him with a playful smile, "Well? Come on! What are you waiting for?" I ask, repeating his earlier words to me.

"Oh," now it's his turn to frown confusedly. He walks after me and we head up the beach path. When we reach the stand, there are two people standing in line.

Jiyong sighs frustratedly, "This is gonna take forever," he groans.

"This is gonna take 2 minutes, Ji."

"Exactly," he mutters.

"Patience, grasshopper," I pat his head and he scowls at me.

"Never do that again."

"What... What is the 'late'?" the old lady in front of us asks the man at the counter. She squints her eyes at the menu board and pushes her circular glasses further up her nose.

"I think you mean the latte," the man responds, "It's a coffee made with steamed milk and espresso."

"Oh..." she mutters, "No... I won't have that one. What foods do you sell? Anything low-sugar maybe? I'm trying to watch my figure," she laughs, "my husband, is quite active so I have to have something that'll get him going, you know?" she winks.

"Ew," Jiyong whispers in my ear and I have to fight the urge to laugh.

"We have sandwich," the man replies. He looks bored and annoyed.

"I'll have that," she mutters hesitantly and purses her red lips. The man types her order into the register, "Actually... I don't know, I'd prefer something without meat."

"What about our kidney bean and pear salad?"

"I said no meat. Kidney is part of the human body. That is cannibalism-"

"Kidney beans are not-"

"For 's sake, will you just make up your damn mind?" Jiyong snaps at the lady, and she turns to him with a mortified expression.

I smile at her apologetically, "I'm sorry about him."

"My golly goodness, you teenagers nowadays are always causing such a ruckus," she chides, "Patience," she sends Jiyong a pointed look, turns back to the man and scratches her chin, "I will get sandwich without beef."

"Okay so one sandwich, no beef," he mutters as he types it into the register, "Is that all?"

She pauses for 5 long seconds and then nods her head, "...Yes."

"That'll be 4.50 won."

"ing finally," Jiyong sighs with relief.

The lady looks through her purse and pulls out her wallet, "Oh pickles," she curses, "I'm 50 cents short!"

"Aw. That's too bad," Jiyong replies sarcastically, "I guess you're just gonna have to leave...Oh pickles!"

I send Jiyong a warning look. Wanting her to hurry up, I quickly whip out my purse and hand her the 50 cent coin, "There you go."

"Maybe you teenagers aren't so bad after all," she mutters, turning back to the man.

"A 'thank you' would be nice," Jiyong snaps.

The lady turns back to him with an astonished expression, "I beg your pardon!"

"She just gave you money. The least you could do is thank her for doing a nice thing that she didn't even have to do."

"Ji, stop..."

"No, Bom. This is bull. You old people think you're so high and mighty when really you're just bitter, rude... nuisances."

The old lady gasps, "How dare you!"

"Get over it, halmeoni," he snaps and I can't help but laugh.

The lady's gaze shifts to me and her nose flares in anger, "You think this is funny?"

"Sort of," I admit because she was annoying me and I wanted to make her mad.

"Why you kids will regr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter