Will You Marry Me?

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know what? this," I hear an awfully familiar voice speak up. I spin around on my heels, only to come face to face with Kwon Jiyong, "I'm sick of being self-less."

Jiyong runs a hand through his hair and lets out a frustrated sigh as he steps towards me, his eyes focused on the floor and his mind elsewhere. I watch him with curious eyes, my heart pounding against my ribcage. Could this... Could this finally be the moment where everything will fall in place? Or perhaps the very opposite? I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. 

"I'm not that bad and I'm ing sick of people telling me that I'm not good enough for you," he scowls as he strolls towards me, "I mean, they're true, but they need to off and mind their own damn business because they clearly don't know jack- about me."

I let out a small laugh at his words despite myself as I turn my body and face him fully.

"I know I can be a bastard 90% of the time and I know I'm difficult to deal with... But I really care about you, okay? I do. 

"So if you want to do the whole... You know... girlfriend thingy, then you're just gonna have to accept the fact that I'm short-tempered, sometimes rude to other people and a distant person. That is who I've always been. It's who I am and I will try my best to be nice to others but I can't promise anything."

I feel a warmth grow within me from his words. Sure, his confession wasn't the most romantic, Nicholas-Sparks-written confession, but this was real life, this was Jiyong and I liked him a lot. I didn't need romance or gifts, I needed truth. 

As delighted as I was, I still wasn't sure whether I should be happy or worried about the fact that he doesn't want to be self-less anymore. I'm happy now, but if he was willing to completely end our friendship because of his ways, then there must be a good reason for it.

As though he read my name, he continues, "-And yes, I know that I said that I had to be self-less because I want what's best for you, but it," he continues, "I'm not that bad and I'm sick of being told so. I'm not a bully or heartless or a cruel, using bastard like everyone tells me, and I finally realize that."

I look down at my heels to avoid his gaze, my thoughts everywhere. I felt guilty for once being so uncertain about him like I was the other day. He's right. He isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Sure, he has his moments - but he's not a bully as I previously believed. I don't want to be another person added to the list of people who have made him feel like he's a bad person. That wouldn't help Jiyong or me.

Biblee, I remind myself, don't forget about Biblee.

I bite down on my lip before speaking hesitantly, "But what about Biblee? You said you didn't care about her."

Jiyong's shoes come into my field of vision and I don't dare to look up, knowing how close he was to me. "Yeah," he finally mutters, "I don't care about her, but that doesn't mean I don't give a about her."

"Oh yes, that totally makes sense," I nod my head vigorously, sarcasm lacing my tone.

Jiyong lets out a laugh, "What I mean is that I don't care about her in that way- That's what I meant the other day," Jiyong sighs, "I guess she's a friend... But I really like you, Bom."

My heart warms at his words and I finally look up at him, my breath hitching when I noticed that his face is so close to mine, "So you guys are not going out or anything?" I breathe.

"No," he begins to laugh.

"No flirting?"

His grin widens, clearly amused by my questioning for some reason. "Uh-uh."

"But how? She's so pretty and so nice," I frown.

"She's not my type and... well, I'm not really her type," he laughs again and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What is so funny?

"What? Dude, no. You're everyone's type," I roll my eyes. What happened to the arrogant, conceited Jiyong that I thought I knew?

"Biblee likes girls, Bom."

"Oh, okay," I nod. That makes sense.

But then I frown, puzzled, "But when we were at a party a few weeks ago, she had just broken up with her boyfriend and said... she said that... that... She wasn't sure if she liked..." Realization slowly dawns upon me, "-Oh!"

"She only figured it out recently," Jiyong informs me, "I was at that party with her the other day and we got talking. Then, she told me about it all..." Jiyong confesses, "She's pretty open about it all, surprisingly - Says she has a crush on a girl who she's been trying to conquest for a few weeks now. I've sort of been helping her."

"That's so nice of you!" I exclaim, and Jiyong's cheeks flush red.

"Shut up," he brushes it off embarrassedly, "It's not that nice."

"Don't be embarrassed. You're doing a good thing. You should be proud." 

"I guess you're right," he mutters, "I am pretty awesome." 

I grin and roll my eyes at his words. "Okay, I wouldn't stretch that far." 

Jiyong pouts jokingly before clearing his throat, "Anyway, I sort of, like, got you stuff," he mutters, lifting up a black b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter