We're Friend?

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I awake from my bed with a scream; my heart pounding, my breath wavering and my skin covered in a coat of sweat.

Jenny.

My mind races back to senior high school and I hold my hands to my throbbing temples. I in a sharp breath before exhaling in an attempt to calm myself. It was an exercise in futility.

It was my fault. Everything was my fault. Everything is always my fault.

Suddenly, my bedroom door swings open, revealing a frantic Jiyong with a baseball bat gripped in one hand.

"I hope you didn't come in here to club me to death," I sniffle jokingly.

When Jiyong catches sight of me, he lets out a breath of relief, "What the happened?" he hisses, "I was getting a ing drink and then suddenly I hear you screaming bloody murder." His eyes dart to the open door and he holds his breath as he stares into the dark hall. He turns back to me after a long moment, "At least you didn't wake up all the people here," he mutters, "What happened?"

"Where on earth did you get the baseball bat from?" I ask in confusion.

"Don't avoid the topic. Tell me."

I shake my head, too scared because I knew if I did I'd probably start crying.

"Bom..." he grits out in a threatening tone as he steps towards me.

"Nothing..." I croak, "I just... I had a nightmare." I reply truthfully. Well it's half the truth, at least.

My eyes widen when Jiyong does the unexpected and takes a seat next to me on my bed, "You're crying," he tells me. I shake my head, patting the back of my hands over my cheeks. Sure enough, they were soaked with tears.

"No, I'm Bom," I joke weakly before sniffling. He doesn't laugh and I roll my eyes, "I know, it was a bad joke."

"Yes, it was," he responds simply. Gee, real confidence booster. "You're crying right now and then you're trying to crack a joke like nothing even happened. Don't beat around the bush and just tell me what's going on."

"Why should I tell you?"

His mouth opens as he tries to answer my question, "W-well... Not me... But at least don't bottle your feelings. You'll go insane, trust me," he mutters, and I can tell that there's history behind his words by the tone in his voice.

Jiyong was certainly right, but there is no way I am going to tell him about what has been haunting me since senior high school, "You're right, but I don't want to talk about it. I just want to..." I sigh and fall back in my bed, "I just want to forget about it."

More than that, I want it to never have happened. I miss her.

"I have an idea," he tells me, pushing off my bed. "Follow me," he commands, "But you have to be quiet or you'll wake up all people here." I furrow my eyebrows at him and open my mouth to reply, but he is already gone, disappearing into the darkness of the hall.

I shut my mouth and stare at the open door for a long moment. I didn't know what to do or whether I could even trust him after everything he's done. I was still angry at him, definitely, but I know I wouldn't get to sleep anytime soon and right now I didn't really care about anything besides recovering from my dreams. I was still shaken up.

I eventually climb out of bed and walk into the hall, where he is already standing.  "So what's the pl-?"

"Shh.." he hushes, placing a finger on his mouth, "Mom and dad are here and we can't wake them up."

I purse my lips together and nod my head vigorously. I don't know what he is planning, but for some reason I feel as though I can trust him - Just this one time. I am already sad enough as it is and I know he's a bad guy, but not bad enough to kick a person while they're down. I'm hoping, at least.

Jiyong waves a hand, signaling me to follow him - so I do. "The front door is too loud, so we have to leave through the back."

"Okay..." I mumble dubiously, my fists clenching in anguish.

I follow him over to the lounge room and watch him push open the window closest to the backdoor. I furrow my eyebrows and give him a weird look, "Why can't we go through the back do-?"

"Shut up, Bom. Don't kill my groove," he responds in a clipped tone.

I roll my eyes, "Sorry for asking."

Jiyong smiles back at me and hitches himself up onto the windowsill, falling onto the other side, "It's cooler this way," he states, answering my previous question, "Now come on, jump. I'll catch you."

"Jiyong, we are literally no more than 3 feet off the ground, I think I can manage."

"You're killing my groove again.." he hiss, "Come on. Do it now, quick! Before the house alarm sets off."

"What?" I hiss, immediately hiking myself up onto the windowsill and falling not-so-gracefully out of the house and onto the dirty gravel, "Ow. Thanks for catching me, loser!"

Jiyong bursts into laughter and I frown, pushing myself off the ground, "I was just kidding!" he declares midst his laughs.

"I realized that," I scowl, brushing the dirt off my pajamas.

"Come on now," he urges me, walking around the side of the house.

I narrow my eyes at his back and hesitate momentarily before eventually hurrying after him.

▲ ▲ ▲

"We're here," Jiyong said as he steering his motor bike into a vacant car spot. My eyes consume our surroundings and my heart plummets at what was standing before us.

"Oh God. I knew this was too good to be true," I cry, stepping off the bike and stepping away from him, "You're going to kill me, aren't you?"

Jiyong stares at me blankly for a solid moment before he begins to shake with laughter and his lips. Then, "HAHAHAHA!" he laughs hysterically.

Oh God, he's a maniac. I think to myself, horrified.

"I'm not going to kill you, you ing id

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter