Boys Will Be Boys

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you keep the ice pack on your cheek and don't involve yourself in anything too physically strenuous, then I think you should be fine," the nurse smiles at me.

I smile back at her thankfully and press the ice pack back onto my cheek. With a nod in approval of my state, the nurse leaves the room and I slump back against the bed.

After TOP and Jiyong's fight, I awoke to find myself in the nurse's office; Jiyong and the nurse hovering above me. My head and cheek were throbbing still, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"How are you doing?" Jiyong asks hesitantly. He was holding an ice pack to his eye and tissues were hanging out of his nostrils.

"I'm okay. My cheek and head hurt a little, but I'll be fine," I smile at him in reassurance. "How about you?"

Jiyong lets out a breath of relief, "I thought you'd be angry at me," he explains when he notices my questioning expression.

"I was the one who got in the way, though." I point out. As stupid as the fight's origin was, I had no one to blame but myself for what happened. I knew the consequences.

"I know, and for that, you're an idiot," he says, laughing when he sees my pout, "But most girls would overreact and never talk to the boy again and ."

"Yeah," I reply, "Well I'm immune to all your crap so I won't be ignoring you any time soon."

"Ha-ha," he laughs sarcastically. The two of us smile at each other for a silent moment.

"So what happened after the fight?" I question curiously.

"Principal Yang Hyun Suk came and suspended TOP and I for the next two days, and we also have afternoon detentions for the rest of the term. The punishment would've been harsher but she was too focused on getting you to the nurse office than to think about our punishment, so thank you."

"Always here to help," I grin.

"And then, after that, both TOP and I got a bit of nursing from the nurse." He points to the ice pack held to his eye to prove his point, "Which was awkward because he kept glaring at me and I kept glaring at him the whole time. Then TOP left, and I waited here until you wake up."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Why don't you swear?" he asks out of the blue, and I raise an eyebrow at his question. "I mean, I don't think I've ever heard you swear, and most girls will do it."

"I swear all the time."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Then swear."

"Okay," I reply confidently, sitting up in my seat. I clear my throat, "Crap," I curse.

Jiyong stares at me blankly and then blinks, "Are you actually serious?"

I frown, "Yes?"

"Say ''," he instructs me, and I shake my head.

"No."

"Say it, Bom."

" ‘It, Bom’ " I echo teasingly, and he rolls his eyes at my response.

"Seriously, Park Bom."

"Oo you used the full name. This must be getting serious," I reply, though he just gives me a flat look, egging me on to swear. I clear my throat and pause dramatically, before saying, with as much nonchalance as possible, "."

"Woah, she swears!" he exclaims dramatically, jumping back and pointing a finger at me, "Hanyang's sweetest, Park Bom, swears, everybody!" he announces loudly.

"You made me, idiot!" I chuckle, my eyes darting over to the Nurse Office door. Surely someone could hear him.

Sure enough, the nurse walks in with an angered expression contorting her face. "Mr. Kwon Jiyong, I'm going to have to ask you to leave! You are making chaos and I'm sure Bom here doesn't appreciate you shouting."

Jiyong looks over at me for support and I look at the nurse innocently, "He is being really loud," I confirm to her, feigning timidness.

"See? Get out young man!" she orders, shooting him a glare. She sends me a sympathetic look. "I'm very sorry about him, darling. You're a strong girl for standing up to him."

I nod my head humbly.

When the nurse leaves, Jiyong's head snaps over in my direction and he stares at me for a long moment, mischief and evil sparkling dangerously in his eyes. "Oh, you are a cheeky little thing," he snickers darkly, and I blink up at him innocently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter