I'm A Bad Boy, You're A Good Girl

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My fingers drum nervously against Dara’s car door as I sit there, watching the lights and colors shoot by in a blur as we drive through the streets.

Dara glances over at me and smiles softly, "Relax, Bom. This is a good thing. Jiyong is finally opening up to you and making the effort with your friendship!"

"Yeah," I nod my head numbly. She was right, but that didn't dissipate the nervousness.

"Don't forgive him straight away, though, okay? You gotta make him work for your trust so he knows that he can't treat you like anymore. He needs to see how easily he can lose you so he knows never to do it again. "

"I'm just so anxious," I sigh, "I haven't had a proper conversation with him in ages. I don't even know why he wants to hang out with me." I babble on, "I'm the complete opposite of him and I know they say opposites attract, but opposites also have zero compatibility with each other, so if we have zero compatibility then why would he want to be my friend?"

"Ignore all the science-y statistics and because they aren't always accurate," Dara replies, steering in front of the building where I see Jiyong stand out the front, waiting for me. My heart leaps into my throat and I look back at Dara, exhaling a nervous breath, "Ask yourself whether you think you guys are compatible as friends from all the time that you've been together. Do you guys have fun together?"

"Well yeah, but we fight a lot."

"That's because Jiyong is a -face. But now he is finally learning that he shouldn't act that way so you won't be having any problems like that anymore... I hope not, at least," her eyes narrow in thought before she presses a button and the car windows go down. She sticks her head out of the window, "If you hurt Bom one more time I swear I will ruin you," she assures him, "I've been growing my nails out just for this opportunity, so watch yourself," Jiyong cautiously steps away from her, and Dara looks back at me, "There we go. No more problems."

I laugh, "You is weird." I hug her with a thankful smile etched on my face, before exiting the car and waving goodbye. When her car disappears into the night fog, I turn to Jiyong, "Hi."

"Hi," he replies, before clearing his throat, "Let's go," he states, turning away from me and walking to the tall, abandoned building. I let out a deep breath and follow him down the alley. We arrive at the side door and he forces it open and continues his journey to the rooftop. Finally, we arrive at the rooftop and I notice that there are two chairs now rather than one.

My eyes sweep over the beautiful city view and I lose my breath again. I don't think I'll ever get over that view. He takes a seat on one of the chairs and I take a seat on the other. He hands me a blanket sitting between the two seats and I take it, watching him carefully, "You're very talkative tonight. Please, will you just shut up for one second? I can't hear myself think."

He exhales a laugh at my sarcastic comment and then looks at me with a smile, "Piss off. Can't you see that I'm nervous?"

I can't help but grin, "Yeah. Your hands are shaking," I point to his hands which he was fiddling with. I could see that they were shaking slightly, "Why are you nervous?"

"I didn't think you'd come."

"But I did."

"Yeah," he agrees with a nod of the head, "And I wasn't prepared for that, which is why I'm ing nervous. Where the hell do I even start?"

"From the beginning, maybe?"  I suggest, my eyes narrowing at his odd behavior. What was he so nervous to talk about?

"I always hated you-" he begins.

"Ooo, that's a good start to an apology."

He rolls his eyes and then continues, "We were complete opposites and I'm supposed to be the bad- jerk that hates everything. I think that was why I acted like I hated you so much; I was circumferencing to social expectations."

"I think you mean succumbing," I smile.

He waves his hand at me to shut up, so I do, "The other part of me hated you because you were happy and ing bubbly. I thought you were fake and annoying, because I was miserable and I didn't like seeing people happy. So, naturally, I hated you and your chirpy .

"Anyway, eventually I realized that you weren't actually that bad and so I stopped hating you, but I didn't like liking you because it was going against me and my nature. I'm not supposed to like you at all. I'm the bad boy. You're the good girl. That's why I pulled that scene when I dropped you off at school. I wanted you to hate me. But you never acted like it even after that, which frustrated me even more... And then you started to actually act like you hated me and then I felt bad about it all and be nice and I.." he runs a hand through his hair, "It's stupid. I'm stupid - and sorry."

"Is that why you were a jerk to me last night? or when we were at the beach and you suddenly acted all harsh."

"Yeah," he replies, "I was never supposed to like you. I'm supposed to hate you... I..." he trails off and exhales a sigh, "And then I felt these feelings that completely contradicted my nature. I wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter