Am I too late?

30-Day Trial

It was as if nothing happened the night before. It was if Jungkook didn't confess that he likes Jiyeong. It was as if Jungkook was not rejected for everything was just the same. Nothing changed.

Inside the bus, like as usual, they were far from each other. Jungkook was in front, while Jiyeong was at the farthest back. "Did he even confess to me?" Jiyeong asked herself, thinking that maybe it was just a dream.

When she entered the classroom, everyone was shocked because of her appearance. She was full of bruises.

"Did she fight with someone again?" Some whisphered.

"Maybe"

"Eh? With whom?"

"I dunno."

Jiyeong didn't have the time to care about their murmurs. She was too busy waiting for Jisoo to arrive. However, she did not, and it made Jiyeong smile. "Just as planned..." She whispered to herself. For sure, Jisoo was suspended---or worse, expelled. Yesterday, she made sure that they could be seen by the cctv while she was being beaten by Jisoo and her friends. Jiyeong was so sure that a teacher or guard or whatever would have seen it. Without a doubt, the teachers told it to Jisoo's father. His father certainly shouted at her so, so badly for the shameful act of her dear daughter.

"I told her... She's a looser. Lol. " Jisoo smiled as she crossed her arms.

--

The class was about to start and Jiyeong noticed that Mia was not yet there. Her seat was vacant. There were no bags or anything on her desk. "Huh? What happened to that weirdo?" It was so unusual of Mia to be late. Normally, Mia would suddenly appear out of nowhere then bug her. However, today, there was no nuisance to be pissed off. Jiyeong turned around and round, looking for Mia.

"Who are you looking for? Ah, it's Taehyung, right?" Jungkook suddenly asked her as he placed his bag on his side then sat down.

"Huh?"

"Tss. Don't be embarrassed about it. I already know since the start that you like Kim Taehyung. That's why you rejected me right? Because it's Taehyung, the one you love." So everything that she thought to be a dream, was not a dream after all. It was true that Jungkook confessed to her. Jiyeong felt weird all of a sudden.

But, it was not because of  Taehyung why she rejected him.

"Yeah, I like Taehyung."

"Yah! Don't say it so casually... Don't you know that it hurts?" Jungkook joked but everything he said was true. It hurt him.

"Oh...But, I only have a crush on Taehyung and that's it. But love? Lol no." Love is different from crush. Jiyeong just realized it yesterday night.

"Then who do you love?"

"Uh...depends on what we're talking about here. Is it romantic love or---" Jiyeong was stopped for someone  shouted from the classroom door all of a sudden.

"JIYEONG-SSI!" It was Jimin. "M-M-MRS.SEO...Y-Y-YOUR MOTHER...."

Jiyeong stood up suddenly.

Jiyeong's happiness fade away.

Her world crumbled.

 


 

Mia was so happy that she woke up earlier as she would used to. She was beaming with joy for at last, all the false accusations about her started to ease down. Moreover, she's very much inspired. She's excited for she would be seeing Taehyung again today. Although, she was a bit worried. Should she tell Taehyung that she likes him? What will happen if she does say it? Or should she keep it to herself first until Shades Sunbaenim comes by and ask her what the password is, her true love?

After she dressed up for school, she went out of her room to see that food was already prepared on the dining table. She called Mrs. Seo so that they could eat together. "Hayy... I hope Jiyeong-ssi's here as well..." Wouldn't it be nice for the three of them to eat together?

"Mrs. Seo! Mrs. Seo!" Mia called for Mrs. Seo, but she didn't come down. "Maybe she left early?" But then, she saw Mrs. Seo's bag on the couch. She didn't leave yet. Mia went upstairs to look Mrs. Seo instead.

She knocked on her door just to find out that it was slightly open. "Mrs. Seo...? Let's eat now~!" She entered the room slowlyand looked inside it. "Mrs. Seo...?---Oh my..." Mia was shocked to what she had just seen. Mrs. Seo was lying on the floor, motionless. "M-M-Mrs. Seo...!" Mia called her as she went beside her right away. She didn't know what to do. In the Angel Academy, they were not taught how to give first aid. All she learned was how to get the soul of a dying person, and that would be no help here. "P-P-Please hold on, Mrs. Seo!!!"

Mia panicked the more when she saw that the mark, I am an angel, on Mrs. Seo's shoulder started to fade away. "No..No...No...!" She got the nearest phone and called 911 while shaking. "P-Please hold on..." Tears from Mia's eyes started to fall down.

 


 

Mia's feelings were unexplainable. She was not on her right mind. Because she was an angel originally, she never had a mother, but Mrs. Seo became one.  Mrs. Seo was like a real mother to her. Now, that mother whom accepted and cared for her, could be gone any moment.

Mia was sitting blankly on the waiting area when she suddenly heard a familiar voice. "N-N-Nurse...W-What happened to my eomma? N-Nurse...W-Will she be fine? She will....r-r-right?" Jiyeong was still wearing the uniform and seemed to rushed to the hospital from school.

The nurse didn't respond to Jiyeong for she was rushing to the Emergency Room. All she could say was, "We will do our best."

"J-Jiyeong-ssi..." Mia called her. Jiyeong faced her and saw that she was crying. "M-M-Mia! W-What happened to Eomma? Mia...?" Jiyeong asked Mia with a cracking voice.

Mia shook her head. She didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to answer. "I-I don't know Jiyeong-ssi... I just saw this morning... Mrs. Seo... she was lying on the floor... I-I didn't know what to do...I just called 911..."

Jiyeong closed her eyes, trying to stop the tears that were filling her eyes. She was trying not to cry but she failed. Tears poured down on her face. Jiyeong was restless. She walked back and forth continously. No matter what Mia said to calm down first, she couldn't. How could she? She couldn't understand what's happening. What happened to her mother? Why all of a sudden? Everytime she would see her mother, she seemed to be healthy. Why was she suddenly rushed to the hospital?

"G-God...Why all of a sudden... Mrs. Seo will still live right? Right? God..." With her hands clasped and head bent down, Mia prayed sincerely. She knew that she will not hear God telling her the answer, but she knew He will hear her. And He did. However, His answer wasn't what Mia was hoping for.

It did not took long before the doctor went out of the Emergency Room. As soon as the Emergency Room door opened, Jiyeong went to him without further ado. "D-D-Doc...What happened to my eomma? I-Is she okay? She's stable, right? Sh-She's fine now right? Right?" The doctor was just quiet. "D-Doc...Please answer me... S-Silence! Silence means yes right? So she's okay?" Jiyeong was shaking as she grabbed the doctor's coat.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Seo. We did our best."