Je Suis Un Ange

30-Day Trial

"Say, are you an angel?" Angel 10215 was doomed. She has not even stayed for 24 hours on Earth, yet someone already knew that she was an angel. Oh no. You're dead, dear Angel! Oh, wait. Yeah. This is not a korean drama or any drama. This is her story as a human. Just like what God had said to her, nothing bad will happen if someone will know.

 

"U-U-Uhm... N-No I'm not!" Angel 10215 lied.

"Really? Then what's your name?"

"A-" She stopped. She does not have a name. Yes, she is called Angel 10215, but of course she won't say that. It sounds weird. It IS weird to say that your name is Angel 10215.

 

She looked for anything around her. Anything that could be a name...Then she found the fastfood chain called, KFC.

"K!" She answered.

"K?"

"K...err" She thought of a name that could be similar to K. At least a 3-letter word would do. "Kei!"

"Kei?"

"Kei! Kang Kei!" She randomly thought of a surname that will fit Kei, and Kang was the only name she could think of.

"Kang Kei?"

The counselor and Angel 10215 weren't able to notice that people, who were passing, were already looking at them; looking weirdly at them. Well, could you blame them? The two seemed like aliens talking with their own language.

"Hmp. I don't like it. What if Hwang Mia?" The counselor suggested.

"Hwang Mia? Oh! Okay su---" 10215 suddenly paused. She saw that the woman smirked at her. Will I explain why? Okay then. Well, the fact that she just agreed to use Hwang Mia as her name, just shows that she truly doesn't have a name.

"Oh no." That was all Hwang Mia could ever say.

 


 

"So you mean you were also an angel before, Mrs. Seo? Is that why you know what this thing on my shoulder says?" The woman named Seo Gia agreed. After she asked Mia to wait for her to finish the class hours, she brought Angel 10215, now Hwang Mia, to her home.

With the white painted walls, you could say that it is a house that is simple yet elegant. With the size of the house, you could say, she isn't the only one living there.

"Uhm...this Je...Je...Sui... What is this language?" Mia struggled to read the writtings on her shoulder that actually looks like a tattoo.

"Je Suis Un Ange is a French sentence meaning, I am an angel. I also have like that" Mrs. Seo showed Mia hers which made 10215 stood in awe. However, Mrs. Seo's looked a little faded, unlike Mia's.

"Woah..." Mia was really amazed for she didn't know that she wasn't the only one who wanted to be a human. She was really surprised. "Wait, why do we have something like this? Why did God put these to us?"

"That, my dear, I couldn't answer. Since I became a human,  I wasn't able to hear Him anymore. I could talk to him in prayers, like every human could, but not see Him anymore unlike before."

"Is that so..." Mia was sad for she wanted to know why, but couldn't. Maybe it was to symbolize that she was once an angel, that was what she thought. "Oh wait! Mrs. Seo, if you became a human fully, does it mean....you have found your true love? Does it mean..." Mia could not help but smile for it means she has hope. If Mrs. Seo was able to avail the full version of becoming a human, it could only mean that  she has a high chance to also fully become a human! "Waaahhh" She was very happy and excited. She couldn't wait to reach her dreams; to become a human.

 

Just in the moment, a young lady suddenly went inside the house; not even making a doorbell or anything to tell the people inside that she will enter. She was wearing a uniform. 'Maybe from school...?' Mia thought. She wasn't that tall, and she was rather short, but she looked really badass. Her blouse wasn't tucked in properly, her coat wasn't closed propley and her tie wasn't tied properly. One look at her eyes seemed like she will kick your anytime.

"Ah! Jiyeong-ah! Welcome home!" Mrs. Seo greeted to the lady. "This is Hwang Mia, she will live with us from now on. Hwang Mia, she's my daughter, Seo Jiyeong." Mia was shocked for Mrs. Seo seemed too young to have a teenager daughter. She was only in her early 30's...yet...Oh well of course. She was already married. That's why Mia calls her 'Mrs.' But still...

The badass girl did not even bowed, greet or even smile at Mia. She snobbed her and went straight upstairs. "Yah! Jiyeong-ah! That's not how you greet a visitor!"

Jiyeong stopped from going upstairs. She looked at them and Mia greeted at her, "Annyeong! I'm Hwang Mia!" then she bowed. Unfortunately, Jiyeong just rolled her eyes at her. Yeah that's how she greets people; by rolling her eyes. "Jiyeong!" Mrs. Seo called her again but she went straight to her room.

 


 

"I'm sorry Mia-ssi, she has been always like that. But, don't worry even if she's that cold, she's a kindhearted per---" Before Mrs. Seo could finish, a yell from upstairs was heard by them.

"EOMMA!" Jiyeong stomped her feat as she went downstairs. "WHERE IS MY SWEATER THAT I PLACED ON TOP OF MY BED?!"

"Eh? It's just there..." Jiyeong was fiercly mad. She was like a volcano errupting. She became more fierce to find out that Hwang Mia was actually wearing what she was looking for. "WH...WHY IS SHE...."

"Ah, it's that sweater? Let her borrow it first, dear, she does not have anything to wear..--"

"WHAT? SHE WILL ALREADY STAY HERE, LIVE HERE, THEN SHE WILL EVEN BORROW MY CLOTHES? OH MY GOD. DON'T TELL ME SHE WILL SLEEP INSIDE MY ROOM?"

"JIYEONG! Why are you like that? She has nowhere to stay to! Besides, just this once. Let her borrow your clothes. I...will buy her own tomorrow. So please, Jiyeong, she's a visitor! Show some respect!" Jiyeong was not able to take it anymore. She went out and closed the door with full force. "Jiyeong! Where are you going again?!" But, Jiyeong was already away.

Mrs. Seo sighed deeply and was almost out of balanced. It was always like this. Whenever they would fight, Mrs. Seo couldn't breathe properly. Mia went to help her and ask for forgiveness. "I-I'm sorry Mrs. Seo...if only I didn't wear her sweater...I...didn't know..."

"It's not your fault Mia, we have always been like this. It's my fault for raising her like that...If only I have been a responsible mother...." Even though Mrs. Seo said Mia was not to blame, Mia still felt she was still responsible for what happened.

"I'm sorry...Mrs. Seo..."

"But, this is what you should remember Mia-ssi, do not ever ever make any decision with your feelings alone. I don't what you to experience what I experienced..."

"What do you  mean, Mrs. Seo?"

"Ah...nothing nothing. You'll understand sooner or later. Come, let's eat first before the food cools down" Angel 10215 just nodded and followed Mrs. Seo to the kitchen as she looked at the door Jiyeong went out to.