D-21

30-Day Trial

She really wanted to get out of the house she was living in; her mother's house. She couldn't take it any longer. She couldn't explain why, but she really hated living with her mother. She wanted to live at Seokjin's dorm right away, but Jin wanted her to pay the rent like the others would. "It's to be fair." He reasoned; and that made Jiyeong frustrated. Now, she needed to find something, anything that she could earn money. Anything would do, that was why she was convinced to accept Mia's offer to sing in the cafe. But then, she didn't want to sing alone. She's not comfortable. It's not that she was shy but, she felt really akward if she would do it alone. Someone should accompany her at least.

Jiyeong thought about Jimin. However, because she was angry at him for leaving her inside the horror house, she's not in the mood to talk and see the poor minion. Was she shallow? Well, we couldn't blame her. She has fear of ghosts.

She thought about Jin, for she knew he has such a beautiful voice. However, when she asked him about it he answered, "Sing by yourself." Quite shocking? It was so unexpected for him to reply that way, or at least to deny her. Jiyeong felt utterly sad.

"What if I ask Taehyung?" She suddenly thought. Yeah, what if she sings with her crush? Even though they were not that close, but because she has a crush on him, she knew Taehyung has such voice. Besides, it was because of his deep voice why Jiyeong admired him.

Seo Jiyeong entered the classroom and quickly found Taehyung who was talking with Mia. "What the hell is up with them? Why are they always together?" She felt jealous. She felt jealous to the point that she felt angry again. She stared furiously at Mia. If only stares could kill  a person, maybe she have killed Mia by now.

Meanwhile, Mia suddenly felt something as if someone wants to kill her. "Uh...V, have you ever felt like someone wants to kill you...like out of nowhere...?" Asked Mia as she gulped.

"Huh? No? Why?--Wait what V? Wtf where did you get that from?"

"Ah eh... It's because I feel too lazy to say your whole name. So I thought of V, since it's really short and cute, isn't it?" Yeah that's right. Let's use V so that I wouldn't type his whole name anymore. Time could be saved. It's just one letter. V.

"What the freak? Ew. No way. Ugh---" Then someone suddenly called V's phone. "Okay wait. Yes. Yes. Tomorrow? But...I still have work.  On Sunday? Okay sure! Bye! You too!"

"Who's that?" Mia asked when V ended the call.

"You have nothing to do about it. Why are you even here? Shoo! Shoo! Go away! I'm writting something here. Shoo!" And the poor angel went back to her chair.

 


 

After glaring at Mia for minutes, Jiyeong decided to go up to the rooftop to cool her head. Fresh air on the rooftop always calms her, especially because of the wind that her hair. It relaxes her and makes her feel at peace. She was going upstairs when she suddenly heard someone singing through the speaker, accompanied by a beatbox.

 

 

She stopped, not only because it was beautiful, but because it sounded familiar. Everyone in school also stopped. Those who were eating, those who were playing, even the teachers and staff stopped. They couldn't get why there was a sudden music.  Anyhow, they couldn't deny, it was really lovely. It was such a pleasant voice to hear. Too bad, it was really short.

The girl with a plan in mind smirked. She suddenly went to the audio room to see who was the one singing. Whoever he was, whatever he was, she would force him to sing with him in the cafe. If he won't agree, then she would beat him up. Brutal? Yeah, really brutal.

 


 

Jiyeong was not yet inside the audio room, but she could hear, from the outside, Mr. Kim's shouting. He was scolding the two students who foolishly used the audio room without any permission. "WHO ALLOWED YOU TO USE THIS AUDIO ROOM? WHO?..." And so on and so on. I won't tell every single word he had said for it would take 9358049549 hours to do it. Let's sit back and wait like what Jiyeong was doing outside.

She was leaning back on the wall when she saw Mr. Kim went out of the room. He noticed her, but because of anger, he didn't mind her anymore. She peeked inside to see who the two people were and to her surpirse, it was Jeon Jungkook and Jung Hoseok.

She thought twice if she should still ask to be accompanied because you know the past...and...Jungkook. She felt guilty, sad, and hurt. That was why she was about to back out, but Hoseok saw her peeking. "Jiyeong-ahh!!!" He immediately went to Jiyeong outside. She didn't have a choice but to stay. "Did you hear our collab? Did you hear my beatbox? Did you hear Kookie sing?---" So it was Jeon Jungkook...so that's why it's familiar... Jiyeong thought to herself. "---We're so great right? Hihihihi!"

"Yeah so great that you were almost called to the principal's office." The two looked like they don't give a about anything. It was as if Mr. Kim didn't shout at them. They were even laughing after.

"HAHAHA! Hyung, it was a nice idea! Nice one!!! Your plan worked! HAHAHAHAHHA" Jungkook laughed.

"Yeah I know right! HAHAHHAHAHA" Laughed Hobi as well.

"HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA" Okay laugh more.

"HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA" Okay if you're happy with that.

"AHHAHALKFJADL84FKLJAHAHAH" Okay that's over acting already.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"  Freak. That's really OA. "HAHAHAHBAHAWHAHAHAHA---"

"YAH!" The two idiots stopped, not because of me but because of Jiyeong. "Jeon Jungkook, come with me."

"What?"

"I SAID COME." She commanded. It was not that he didn't have any choice, but he was too happy for what he and Hobi did that he didn't care anymore.

"Wait! What what about me?" Poor Hobi asked.

"Just stay there. Continue laughing." Jiyeong said as the both of them went to the rooftop.

 


 

 

 

"Yah, big nose, sing with me tomorrow" She asked---more like ordered him. They were standing face to face each other, awkwardly, while they were on the rooftop. She really didn't want to sing with him for she would feel guilty whenever she's with him. However, there was something in her that pushed her to. Maybe because she didn't have any choice. Maybe because she wanted to have money right away. Maybe this could help make Kookie remember her, or at least their childhood.  Or simply, she wanted to jam with Jungkook once again, just like before. Among all these maybe's, Jiyeong didn't know why exactly. She couldn't understand her feelings.

"Huh? Where? Huh?" Jungkook asked confusingly.

"At the cafe."

"Huh? Whuut? Why? For what?"

Jiyeong didn't answer his questions, not even a single one. She rolled her eyes instead. "Will you or I will punch you on the nose?"

"Fine." It was after 10 seconds when Jiyeong's mind processed that Jungkook agreed. She was expecting objections from him. Complains like, "Eh? Are you out of you mind? What will I do there? Why would I even come with you? Stupid!" But he actually agreed right away. Wow. Amazing.

"Y-Y-You...agreed?!"  She couldn't believe it. Like woah there care bear.

"Eh what can I do?"