Lost Stars

30-Day Trial

 

Taehyung was on her mind while she started to play the intro on her guitar. She wanted to stop overthinking about this crush sht. She must stop getting jealous. She wanted to get over him. But how?

As she played, she looked at Taehyung who was sweeping at one side of the cafe. Beside him was Mia, who was attentively watching at her and Jungkook. Speaking of Jungkook, she suddenly looked at him when he started singing.

Please don't see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies

Please see me reaching out for someone I can't see

 

It was so beautiful that everyone's heart was touched by his voice. Even Jiyeong's.

 

Take my hand let's see where we wake up tomorrow

Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand

I'd be damned Cupid's demanding back his arrow

So let's get drunk on our tears

 

Jiyeong looked back in front. She looked at the mirror of the cafe and saw her and Jungkook's reflection. It was as if a VCR of their childhood played for some reason. She suddenly remembered the times when they were still younger. It was really fun. It was also hurtful at the same time. If only there's a time machine to go back to in time to correct those mistakes. However, there is none. If only she didn't push Jungkook because of jealousy. Maybe her father wouldn't save Jungkook. Maybe her father wouldn't die. Maybe she could still see her father right now. Maybe she could still be with her father.

Just then, she suddenly remembered Mrs. Seo telling her that he was not her real father. If not, then who? Why did they hide it from her all those times?

 

God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young

It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run

Searching for meaning

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

 

As they continued, Jiyeong felt that tears were falling down. Why? She didn't know. There were so much on her mind. She thought about so many things. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what she must do. "No. This is just sweat..." She thought to herself even if she knew for sure that those were real tears that she had always wanted to release. Those were her regrets and worries that she wanted to resolve, but she did not know how.

 


 

Their song ended with an applause from the audience, consisting of more or less 10 people. "One more!" They shouted. But sad to say, they only prepared for one. If Jiyeong only knew they were going to like it, she should've told Jungkook to learn more songs. But she thought that no one would listen to them.

She was so happy to see smiling faces because of their performance. Because of this, she wasn't able to help it but also smile. Yes, she smiled. For the first time in 10 years, Jiyeong smiled. The legit smile. Not a smirk or anything, but a smile from the heart. It was just like when she was younger, the 8 years old Seo Jiyeong.

"Waohhh! You know how to smile?! HAHAHA You're so ugly ew" Jungkook was supposed to say that. However he wasn't able to do so because of Jiyeong's smile. He stopped. Something threwback at his mind. He suddenly remembered tidbits of memories that were lost when he had a trauma.

There he remembered, a little girl whom he was playing with. They were running and she was ahead of him. The little girl turned around to him smiling and said, "Hahaha! Kookie! You're so slow! Faster!" The smile on the little girl looked exactly the same as Jiyeong's. Jungkook's head ached as he remembered all these things. He touched his head and was quite out of balanced.

"Wtf. Let's go." Jiyeong told him as he was staring at the floor with his hands on his head. He looked at her and followed, but he looked not in his usual self. He was staring out of nowhere.

They both were supposed to get the pay from Yoongi but Jungkook went out ahead of the cafe. "Yah! Jeon Jungkook!" Jiyeong called him. "You don't want to be payed? Fine! This is mine!" She meant what she had just said. She would really get his. "Tch. Weirdo." She whisphered to herself as Jungkook didn't even look back. He went home without even saying something.

 


 

"Oh my! Oh my! Jiyeong-ssi! You're so great! Isn't she, Taehying-ssi?" Mia cheerfully praised Jiyeong. Taehyung just nodded as he said, "But I'm still better at giant nose."

Mia was happy that Taehyung found her great. She wanted to smile or something at him, but at the same time she didn't want to. Why would she? He's just her crush. Yeah only a crush. Besides, if it wasn't for Mia, he wouldn't nod. What if he was just forced to answer? What if he didn't mean it? So she just slightly bowed. Really slight that you couldn't even notice that she actually bowed.

"Where's my pay?' She asked Yoongi who was just near them.

"Here," He gave an envelope to her. Jiyeong got it and counted the money. It wasn't that much but because she got the part of Jungkook's pay, it was enough to pay a rent for a month. "By the way, you guys want to sing again? The customers seemed to like you. I will pay more if you do" Jiyeong thought for a minute.

"I'll see" She said and turned around to the door as she brought her guitar with her.

"Wait! Jiyeong-ssi! Let's go home together!" Mia called her. Before Jiyeong turned around, she rolled her eyes.

"No." She answered without hesitation.

"Eh but we're just going to the same way.."

"I will not go home"

"Eh?" You're not going home...again?" Mia asked confusingly.

"Are you deaf or what?"

"Then where are you going?"

"None of your business." Jiyeong rolled her eyes at her then turned back to walk towards the door.

 


 

There were only a few at the bus Jungkook was riding going to Jin's dorm. When he sat down on the bus, he got his phone and called. It took a while for the other end to answer. Someone answered after his third try.

"Hyung,"

[O, Jungkookie? What's up? Why did you call all of a sudden? Ahhh you miss me huh? Hahaha--]

"Hyung, I didn't call for joke time."

[Ehh is that so? But I know you're missing me already! Hahaha I know how lonely it is to be on your own. Don't worry if your papers are already arranged, You and I, with Appa and Eomma will be together again! Isn't that great?"]

"Yeah, yeah. But Hyung please listen." The other end seemed to notice the serious tone of Jungkook.

[Wait, is there something wrong?]

"Hyung, remember you guys telling me about the memories that I've lost?"

[Uhm...yeah. What about it? Wait...did it...?]

"Yeah. I think it came back already."

 


 

Hi! So yeah it's been a while since I last updated it heuhue. Oh well Thank you so much! Very much for reading! Please don't hesitate to ask me if you're confused with anything! Haha thank you!!

xoxo