Chapter 1

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Flashback…
 
“Hye Jinnie! Hurry or else we’re going to be late!” I heard my oppa yelling.
 
Today will be my first day of dance class with my oppa!  I had to beg him to let me join with him.  It took a few tears to do the trick! Huhuhuhuhuhuhu.  
 
I forgot to introduce myself. Hello everybody! My name is Lee Hye Jin and I’m currently 13 years old.  I have an older brother name Lee Hyuk Jae and he’s 15 years old.  He’s the best brother anyone can ask for!  We also have an older sister name Lee Sora!  I’m the baby of the family so everyone is really over protective of me!  BUT… they spoil me…  Anywhos, it is my brother’s and I dream to become an idol singer!  We grew up watching S.E.S, Finkl, HOT, and all the idol groups performing!
 
It’s our dream to be able to perform on stage for fans like them…  So here we are on our way to dance class.
 
“Hye Jinnie, you better not cry when the instructors criticize you okay? Nobody likes a cry baby!!!!” my brother teased me.
 
“I’m not a cry baby!!!! You’re the one who cried last week because we ran out of strawberry milk!!” I told him with a smirk on my face.
 
“YAH!!!! I told you not to bring that up!!!!!!”
 
Hehehehe.  That’s our relationship.  We entered the dance studio and boy…..it was huge!  We found out that we were in different classes.  To be honest, I’m really scared. I don’t want to be separated from my brother!  What if everyone bullies me for being a kid?!  I need my brother to be strong…without him I’m just a cry baby!!!! Don’t let him know I said that!
 
“Hyuk Jae oppa, I don’t want to be separated from you!” I told him with a  pout on my face.
 
“Aigoo, you’ll be fine Hye Jinnie! I promise! If anyone bullies you, feel free to come find me and I’ll beat him up for you okay?!” Oppa reassured me.
 
“Arasso. You better! If you break your promise then all the cows in the world will not produce strawberry milk anymore!!!” All my brother did was laugh at me.
 
“Yah, Hye Jinnie! Cows don’t produce strawberry milk in the first place! Aigoo, you’re so cute!” my brother told me while pinching my cheeks.
 
Class was starting so we went our separate ways.  Why did we have to be split up!?  Umma, I need you right now… I walked into the room and saw a room full of girls and boys.  They were all tall and old.  Am I the youngest one here?  I hope not!!!!!  There was a group of guys looking at me and all they did was laugh at me.  What’s so funny?  Do I have something on my face?  Then one of them decides to say something.
 
“What’s a little girl doing here?  Are you lost kiddo?  This is the hip hop dance class not a little girl’s ballerina class!” the guy said while laughing.
 
Aiiiiiish, where’s Hyuk Jae oppa when you need him?  Why can’t I just open my mouth and yell at him!?  I just looked down at the floors and tried to stop my tears from falling.  Goodness grace… I’m such a cry baby…..
 
“It doesn’t matter what age you are to be in this hip hop class.  I bet you she’s even better than you,” I heard someone defend me.
 
I looked up to see a boy around my brother’s age.  He was very handsome.  He had the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen.  The bully was about to speak but our instructor came in.  I must thank my savior!  I’ll do it after class!  After an hour of class, our instructor dismissed class.  Huhuhuhuhuhu…. I managed to shut the bully up!!! How?  Well, my handsome savior was right!  I danced way better than the bully. Tehehehe.  I was the best dancer in my class… aside from my savior.  He was a very great dancer!  I think he’s up to par with my brother.  There’s just something about his dancing that you get hooked to.
 
Hee Jin-ah, stop thinking about his dancing.  Go up to him and thank him for defending you!  Aja!  I scanned the room for him and spotted him in the corner sitting on the floor drinking water.  Why is he so handsome?!  Even when he’s just drinking water… He almost looks like a prince.  I walked up to him and he looked at me and gave me a smile.  OMG he just smiled at me!!!! He’s so handsome! Hehehehe. Hye Jin-ah, snap out of it!
 
“Ummmmm, I’d like to thank you for defending me….” I told him without looking at him.
 
“No problem! I hate it when I see others bully a girl!  Especially if she’s pretty,” he smiled at me.
 
OMOOOOOO…. DID HE JUST CALL ME PRETTY?! HEHEHEHEHE.
 
“Plus, you’re a great dancer! I’ve never seen anyone move like that before.” I heard him tell me. 
 
“T-Thank you,” I stuttered.
 
“I’m Lee Dong Hae by the way!! I hope we can be friends!” 
 
“I’m Lee Hye Jin! It’s nice to meet you! And yes, we can be friends!”
 
From that day one, Donghae and I became inseparable in dance class.  Outside of dance class too!  I introduced Donghae to Hyukjae oppa and they got along instantly.  We became the three musketeers! That was the first time I met him. And that was the first time I fell in love with him.