(020) ♡ deal done

A Cat's Love Story

I don't have much strength in my arms, but together with Sungyeol, we are able to carry (drag) Myungsoo inside. Grandpa's away for the weekend, he went to visit some friends at a temple in Busan. It's good too, or he might've exploded at the thought of bringing two guys home. L looks horrible. His skin is ice cold, and his lips are a pale shade of blue. Immediately, I turn on all the heaters on high, and return to the lounge room to help Sungyeol.

Grabbing multiple quilts and blankets, I cover his frail body, hoping to give him at least a bit of warmth. "I'll go make him soup," Sungyeol says gently, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod, lifelessly. What was he even doing out in the cold? The entire day? My fingers lightly trace the outline of L's jaws. Even asleep, he looks beautiful. I freeze for a second, my mind winding itself back to only a few hours ago. Does Sungyeol look at me like that? Maybe, just maybe, there's one person on this earth who thinks I'm pretty.

His nose is a perfect shape. I trace an imaginary line down the front, rolling down, towards his lips. He stirs before I can move away, and my hand snaps to my side immediately. Groaning, his eyes blink open slowly.

"Hi," I say, awkwardly.

"Where were you?" he repeats, in the same croaky voice.

"I was out," I mumble. He turns to face me. "With who?"

"Sungyeol." Instantly, I recoil. "A-and, the other guys too," I add. "What were you doing outside the whole day?"

"What do you think?" he mumbles, closing his lids. "I was waiting."

"For what?"

"For you."

A moment's silence passes, but it feels comfortable. Sungyeol enters, carrying a pot of creamy mush. "Oh, you're awake, thats good. Eat this," he says, setting it down on the table. L shoots him a smile. "Thanks." He brings a spoonful to his lips, and then his face twists into something unreadable. "This is really good."

Sungyeol beams.

"Thank you for this." As the atmostphere quietens, Myungsoo clears his throat loudly. Sungyeol stays wedged between us, smiling like a puppy. L coughs again, but louder this time. As if finally getting the hint, the tall boy rises up. "Oh! Um...I'm going to the bathroom."

We both watch as his large frame disappears into the hallaway. Once we're alone, Myungsoo turns to me, patting the empty spot next to him on the lounge. "Sit," he commands. I awkardly crawl over him, my back stuck to the couch like glue. He gently wraps a blanket around my legs, and his fingers linger dangerously close to my skin.  "I'm sorry," he says immediately. I lower my eyes, sheepishly, somehow too embarrassed to meet his. He stops tucking me in, only to stare at me with eyes that are as deep as an ocean.  "It was my fault," I mumble. He shakes his head, his baby face suddenly becoming very clear as he puffs his cheeks.

"Can I ask you one thing?"

"What?" I say cautiously.

He twirls his finger around the hem of a blanket, looking almost shy. "Can you answer my question? Do you...like me?" He doesn't sound happy, nor sad. He isn't bragging either. Myungsoo, as always, has his pokerface on. His expression is unreadable, his lips in a straight line. 

"Don't worry," I say in a brighter tone. "I stopped. I'll forget everything and my feelings, so you don't need to worry at all. I won't get in your way..." I pratically fall of the lounge trying to find my phone in my bag on the floor. When I sit back up, I show him the picture of him with the cat things. The picture used to blackmail him. Right in front of his wide eyes, I press the delete button. My vision blurs, but I continue to smile. "Deal done. I'll rip the contract later. Let's break up."

Before he has a chance to reply, Sungyeol walks in, his head peeking from behind the door. "I didn't know where the bathroom was, so I was just waiting in the hallway....um. I didn't hear anything though, but....can I come in now?" His eyes trail onto my own, which are b with tears. My cheeks are slightly flushed, but overall I probably look terrible. "Did you make her cry again?" Sungyeol growls, rushing to my side.

He practically carries me off the lounge next to Myungsoo, and places me on a simple chair. He brushes a loose curl behind my ear, and wipes away the minimal amount of tears on my cheeks. With fire blazing eyes, Sungyeol's head snaps back to Myungsoo. "Make her cry one more time and I'm seriously not going to go easy on you."

L rises, his arms stretching. He yawns, just like a cat. "Thank you for letting me stay over. And for the food. It's really warm inside and I wish I could stay. Nana, I hope you can ride your bike tomorrow." I don't understand what he's saying, but he flashes me a sad smile. I smile back, and I know that we're still friends. At the very maximum. Whatever relationship we shared in the past is now crushed, demolished and turned into dust. "I'll see you tomorrow." He slyly walks out the front door, and with a loud bang, he's disappeared again.

"Are you okay?" Sungyeol asks. "Did he hurt you anywhere? I'm not even joking, if you guys weren't dating, I would've totally--"

I cut him off before he can finish. "We aren't dating anymore. We broke up." Immediately, his face softens."Oh, Nana. I'm so sorry. Is that why you were crying? Did he dump you?"

I shake my head. "We just decided to stop." I smile at him reassuringly. "A cat and a mouse don't fit. You eventually get tired of the chasing."

When his face remains puzzled, I chuckle, biting my lip. "It's late. You should go home. Is it far from here?"

He shakes his head. "It's only a few minutes away. Will you be alright by yourself?"

I tell him I'm fine, trying to hide the fact that I'm practically pushing him out of my house. All the while, I put up with his chatter, thinking, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. Once he's officially outside, I sink behind the front door. My head hangs low, my bangs flopping over one eye. I don't feel like crying, more like I don't have the energy. I'm tired of a one-sided love. Like I told Myungsoo, I will forget him. Even if it takes one hundred years to do so.


this was a quick and short chapter! i was in a sort of rush to do this aish >< sorry~ and also, I need your help, guys! can you come up with a pretty korean girl's name. yes, i'll use it in this fanfic, but for what is a secret :3