(05) ♡ masked beauty

A Cat's Love Story

Myungsoo's living room is the cleanest that I've ever seen. It's smells fresh like rain, and cookies in the oven. The couches are gleaming white as I suspected, and everything looks like a model house, as if no one's ever touched anything. But there is something undeniably significant about his house: there are pictures of a woman everywhere. The girl is young, maybe in her mid twenties, with soft brown hair up to her shoulders. She has such a beautiful smile, anyone would fall for her. But why is she everywhere in this household? I hear L walking in after me, and I stiffen, unsure whether I should run or not. Would grandpa be back yet?

"So you're afraid of lightning.." he says, sitting down lazily on the couch. Myungsoo smirks, finding out my weaknesses. "What else?"

I sit beside him quietly, with my legs up. "Thunder. Dogs," I say, laughing quietly.

"Just like a cat," he says, confirming my thoughts. I nod. "Just like a cat."

I'm afraid to meet his gaze, but when I finally, it's like I've been into the whirlwind of his beauty. I feel faint all of a sudden. But curiousity wins over my embarrassment, and I gather up the courage to ask him the one question which is stuck in my head like a bullet. "Who is that woman?"

Instantly, recognition flashes across his face, but he composes himself quick enough for a normal person to dismiss it. But I didn't. "Who?" he says, feigning innocence.

"You know who..." I mumble. Why is he keeping it from me? "The woman you have pictures of everywhere."

"Oh...she's... a friend."

"She's too old to be a friend," I say. Suddenly I realise how possesive I sound. Like one of his fangirls who don't want him associated with anyone but themselves. I blush at myself and my stupidity. "Sorry," I say. "I didn't mean to pry."

He shakes his head polietly. "No it's okay. She's this girl I used to really like. And you're right, she was too old for me." He averts his eyes, desperate to change the subject.

I smile. "She's beautiful." He nods, staring at a picture of her in a garden, her skirt blowing lightly with the wind. In his eyes, I see love, regret and sadness. But regardless, he looks at her like a goddess, like...how Sungyeol looks at me. Not only am I suddenly curious about this girl, I am also undeniably envious. She looks like a barbie doll, as if anyone would fall in love with her at first sight, even L.

As he thinks about the past, staring lovingly at the woman in the frame, I slip out of his house. The smell of rain hits me in the face, along with a gush of wind. The rain and lightning has stopped now, but who knows when it'll return. Silent as a shadow, I creep back to my own house. The sound of the television on tells me that Grandpa is back. I knock on the door, waiting for the knob to twist. "For a second there, I thought you were cute," I whisper to myself. The sound of my voice is inaudible against the bellowing winds that flip my hair back and forth.


Once I am back inside my house, I realise that I've forgotten about the cats. I enter my bedroom to see the two lovebirds sitting in their basket, curled up and warm. Sleeping in their own basket, the five grey kittens are snoring lightly, their fur looking exceptionally soft. Protected from the crazy weather, I think. I need to return the cats to Myungsoo tomorrow, which means I'll have to face another day of seeing him. Possibly entering his house, and seeing that beautiful girl again. I sigh, and flop down onto my bed. Who is the masked beauty that Myungsoo is so set on hiding?


really short but I'm doing a double update today~ (i think <3)