(023) ♡ yeolpuppy

A Cat's Love Story

 

 

Sunshine, just like in my dreams, wakens me. Pouring it's rays in through the glass windows, warming my skin. I give a little groan as I tighten the blanket around my arms, before getting up. I'm in my room, though I'm sure I fell asleep in the kitchen. Instantly, my eyes search the room for something; anything, to show that yesterday wasn't just a dream. Eventually, I find a heap of warmth, a little body on the right side of the bed, saliva dripping from his tiny mouth. His little eyes flutter open.

I let a little laugh escape through my lips, before picking him up in my arms. "Where's your cousin?" I mumble to him, though he can't understand me. I walk out into the living room, where, as I predicted, Myungsoo and Hoon lay on the floor. Hoon is laying perfectly still, as if he were lying in a coffin. L is rolled over, his face in my pillow. Placing Minkyung on the pillow next to Hoon, I sit next to his feet, and gently poke him. "Yah..." I whisper, not wanting to wake Hoon up. "Get up..."

Myungsoo groans, his features masked with sleepiness. When he flops over, his hair is sticking up in all sorts of places, making him look sort of cute. He turns again, but he can sense my presence. His mouth opens to say something, I'm sure he thinks I'm Yunji or someone else. But he utters one word that makes me soften immediately. "Mum..." he whispers, his eyebrows furrowing in his sleep.

I bite my lip, wondering whether I should wake him up and disturb his slumber, or let him sleep the rest of the day off. Just as I'm about to get up, I can feel someone's eyes on me. "Hoon," I say, as his eyes stare back into mine. "Are you hungry?"

He nods, and without a word, I lead him to the kitchen. He's holding Minkyung in his frail arms, which I'm not really sure about, but leave anyway. It's his brother, afterall. "What would you like to eat?" I say, unsure what kids usually eat.

"Noona, you only have ramen."

I roll my eyes, nodding. It strikes me that he wouldn't know that, but, it's Hoon, so I don't ask. I grab two packets of instant ramen, kimchi flavoured, and boil the water. Time passes slowly, and L doesn't stir, except for the occasional toss.

Once breakfast is ready, I give Hoon his bowl, and my own, which I share with Minkyung. He's sitting on a stool on his own now, his dribble slowly falling down his left cheek. I grab a napkin and swipe at the drool, as he makes an adorable face at me. I hold up the chopsticks, and he instinctively opens his mouth wide. Feeding him feels natural.

Hoon doesn't need any help eating. He gulps it down like a monster, and within a few minutes he's all finished. "Want some more?"

He nods hungrily. I open the cupboard, and grab another packet, just when I can hear slurping behind me. When I turn around, Myungsoo is hugging my pillow, and eating the ramen I prepared for Minkyung and I. I face him with an amused look. "I'm guessing you're hungry as well?"

L gives me a smile, before nodding cutely. I end up making 4 more packets of ramen, for Hoon and L. They mimick each other's movements, eating like machines. It takes alot to fill their stomachs. I lean against the counter, watching them. "I feel full just looking at you." The words spill out of my mouth, and I realise that I sound like a scary old mother too late. Myungsoo just smiles, holding up his chopsticks and noodles. "You eat too," he manages to choke out, from his full cheeks. 

I just shake my head. "I'm not feeling very hungry. I wasn't lying when I said watching you made me full."

"You haven't even had one bite!" Hoon protests from the corner. 

L pushes his third bowl towards me. "Eat. Now." I roll my eyes, but take his chopsticks and eat anyway. I end up finishing the bowl, and I'm already full to the brim. "How can you eat so much?" I mumble, as I sit next to Minkyung. I can hear the water rushing as Myungsoo starts washing the dishes. He doesn't have to, but I'm too tired to protest.

Feeling parched, I walk to the fridge to look for milk, only to find nothing. I groan, messing my hair up. "I'm going to go shopping quickly," I tell L, not looking around. As I'm about to turn and go to my room, I can see Myungsoo leaning over me. I take steps backwards as he advances closer to me. "Don't forget to buy eggs," he says.

He retreats abuprtly, and I force my body to calm down and not hyperventilate. I go to my room to change into warmer clothes, but feeilng lazy, I leave my mess of hair down in it's natural curls. I'm about to go out of the room, when something catches my eye. The life-size bear from Yunji. MyungBear. I grab hold of him, and force myself outside to the nearest convenient store. I don't meet eyes with Myungsoo as I walk out the front door.

It's cold, but it's gradually getting warmer. Spring in nearing, closer and closer until all the snow disappears under my feet. I sigh, my breath turning into cold smoke, and hug Myungsoo the bear closer to my chest.

The convenient store that I visit regularly is called Kim's Kimchi, which is a pretty weird title, considering they sell more things other than kimchi. I push the door open, and a bell jingles at my entrance. I walk down to aisle, searching for milk and eggs, and a few snacks for the kids. I grab a straw after I've paid, and go outside to sit down at the tables near the front. I place MyungBear across from me, and he stares at me as I poke my straw through the entire milk carton, drinking it down like a runner after a marathon.

In fact, I sit there for a while. Just drinking, thinking. "Why are you like this, Kim Myungsoo?" I whisper-yell at the bear across from me. I give it a little pinch with my free hand. "Is it possible to make my heart go 'thump thump' even when I don't like you anymore?! Aish!" I flail around a bit in my chair, making passers-by stare.

I even open up the Pepero packet that was meant to be Hoon's, munching on the sweet sticks one at a time. "Myungsoo-ah," I say seriously, looking the bear straight in the eyes. "Don't you know how much I want to dislike you?" Silence. "So stop doing that lean-y thing. Stop breathing my air and making me fall for you all over again!"

Suddenly, a white, puppy stuff toy blocks my view of MyungBear. I blink, and my eyes travel up to the arm holding it up. Sungyeol's cheesy smile greets me. He pulls two chairs from another table, and sits himself down, along with the giant dog toy. "What's this?" I say, pointing to it.

"This," he says, beaming proudly. "Is YeolPuppy!" He looks at me with a very serious gaze, that I feel like laughing. "I heard you talking to Myungsoo the bear, and I realised, you have a toy called Myungsoo. And so, I went to a nearby shop and bought you Sungyeol the puppy. Like it?"

I nod, observing the toy. It's around the same size as Yunji's gift, there's not much difference except for the animal species and colour. "Thank you, Sungyeol," I say sincerely. "But you didn't really have to get me a present randomly..."

"Of course I did. If you have a toy with someone's name, you'll be thinking of that person alot, won't you?" He smiles, taking a Pepero stick from the packet in my hands. "So look after YeolPuppy and think of me alot, okay?"

I can only nod, almost shocked at his sweetness. "It's the first time..." I mumble. "That I've gotten a toy from a boy!" I smile happily, rising to boy. "Thank you, Sungyeol! I'll cherish Sungyeol the puppy until he breaks!"

Sungyeol smiles back at me, blush hinting at the edges of his cheeks. "He's kind of like me, isn't he? Puppies will look at their owner, and only their owner, always waiting nearby. Even if they're asleep, when they hear them coming home, they instantly wake up to greet them. I'll be your puppy, Nana," he says sincerely.

Once again, Lee Sungyeol has left me speechless. He even makes puppy ears with his hands and barks. "You're my owner," he says in his perfect English. 
 


When I return, Myungsoo is huddled onto the mattress with a sleeping Minkyung and Hoon. He's hugging my pillow again, and at my entrance, he sits up. "You took so long! Is that food?"

I hand him and Hoon the snacks that I bought, watching their happy faces at the sight of food. I hug both of my toys happily, feeling blessed. L finally realises what's in my hands. "What's that?" he says, through a mouthful of Pororo chips.

"I got this from Sungyeol. Myungsoo Bear will have a friend now!" Myungsoo's face twists into something strange. "Y-you....you were with Sungyeol?"

"Mmm," I say, nodding. I hurry in to put the toys back in my room. When I'm inside my room, I shut the door behind me. "Isn't it weird?" I mumble to MyungBear. "Earlier, your face...it looked....sort of jealous."

 


YAY ONE HUNDRED SUBSCRIBERS. teehhee teehaaa~ my 100th subscriber is...awesome_stuff ! yay! :D

and as usual, AYSHIENJULIE. haah.

well, this was a fun chapter to write! Sungyeol makes a dramatic comeback. dundun~ keke