(044) ♡ imagine the future

A Cat's Love Story

It's a horrific scene, haunting and beautiful. The onlookers watch with expressions aghast. The large, scottish fold cat lies flat on it's side, blood pooling around it's stomach, where a large gash can be seen. I stifle a gasp, after I've pushed through the crowd. It's most likely another stray, but this is the most violent attack I've ever seen.

"I think I'm going to be sick," a woman groans beside me.

It's colder, out in the car park, and puffs of breath can be seen in the air. No knife, no evidence. Just the corpse of a murdered cat. I stare down at it's spilled guts, thrown carelessly onto the road. The sight makes my stomach churn, so I force myself to avert my eyes.

Before I can slink away out of the crowd, and return to the safe sanctuary of the stage, I manage to hear a ghostly whisper: "Whoever's killing these cats is just plain sick." I can't help but agree. 



Nana's looking paler and thinner than ever. I'm immensely worried for her; watching her shrivel into the air is a terrifying feeling, one that I don't want to bestow. Regardless of how worn out she looks, as soon as she opens the door, I fling my arms around her petite frame. God, it feels so good to have her back in my arms.

When I pull back, she shivers slightly, so I pull my shoes off and enter her house. "Are you cold?"

She shakes her head. "I'm fine. Just--I heard about what happened at the club. The," she gulps. "The cat."

"Oh."

There's a stillness in the air, and in this silence you would be able to hear a pin drop. She tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear, and brings me further into the house. Her skirt billows around her knees, pink and made of spun cotton wool. Her hands are shaking. "Want some tea? Coffee? Grandpa's at the shops, so..."

I grab hold of her wrist gently, pulling her closer to my chest. "Don't be scared, okay? We'll figure this out. It's probably Hana pulling some stupid prank, anyway."|

Nana nestles closer. "I can't believe she would be so inhumane," she whispers. 

"It's alright, Nana, really. The RSPCA is already on the case, and the police has gotten involved recently too. They'll stop her. For now, let's just look after the cats and forget about it, all right?"

I can feel her nodding. I drop her arms, and they fall limplessly beside her. She looks so fragile, so broken, and I just want to cocoon her in my love. Nana balls up her fists, and sashays to the living room, where many cats sleep, folded over each other. I hadn't realised how much they'd grown. Aegi, the youngest, was almost as big as a full adult, and the result was shocking.

Lupin is in the centre of the group, protected by her babies and her lover. "Lupin," I mumble to myself, rubbing circles on her back. "Protect your kin."

 

We lay together, in the most innocent of ways. It's early afternoon, and the sun is streaming through her windows, yet I've never felt more comfortable. Nonsensical things escape , we talk about school, life, assignments (unfortunately landing on stupid banana head).

"So how did your Japan report go? Is ...Zelo nice?" His name still makes me cringe.

"Yeah," she says, waving her hand. "He's okay. We finished it earlier today, but he did most of the work. He's so smart."

"Really..." I mumble, frowning. I look up at her broken, freckled walls, spots all over the place. Distinctable flaws everywhere, yet it is so oddly comforting. Nana draws a butterfly on my back with her finger, tracing a pattern delicately. "Have you though about university?" I murmur.

"Yeah...I think I want to get into Seoul University, maybe do some Literature. I think. What do you want to do, Myungsoo?"

"I was considering Keimyung University...but then we'd be too far away, huh?" I chuckle, trying to clog the emotion from seeping in. Honestly, the thought of university had never really occured to me; and leaving Nana was never a possibility. But there is a world beyond high school, beyond this

"Are we being serious about this relationship?" Nana mumbles, her voice so small and quiet next to mine. A world without Nana...think about it.

"Yeah, I think we are. I want to. I just can't imagine not being near you." Proper sentences are impossible to form, and the words flow from my mouth in messy structures, I'm so flustered. She reaches over and laces her hands with mine. Intertwined.

"Good. Me too." I can hear her smile, without seeing it.


everyone thank chantelle because i felt so bad towards her for abandoning this.
i recreated the entire layout, made a new poster, etc, etc. i came back and for some weird reason i gained like 30 subscribers and 6 upvotes even though i left this fic here to rot. and everyone kept commenting and giving me encouragement and I'M SO SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU 

anyway hi