(039) ♡ sun yeol

A Cat's Love Story

The library has always been one of my favourite places in school--an airconditioned wonderland, filled with words. Of course, I'm not Nana. I'm not obsessed with books or letters or anything remotely poetic. My world is black and white, and to me, the library is just a cold place to hang out.


I knew she'd be here from the minute I step inside. In fact, I don't even have to look around for her. I pop my head down one aisle, and her tangle of brown curls are so obvious that it's the first thing I see in the room. Nana's slender fingers run along the rusty spines of aged books--from Dickens to Lee Minyun, she eyes them all. I slyly walk into the other aisle, pulling out a book so she can see my face. A surprised smile sneaks up on hers as she sees me, making me give a silent laugh.

With much thought, I pull a book from the left side of the room, titled 'Birthday Surprise' by Jung Eunhye. I hold it up for her to see. After a second, she shows me another book called 'Curiousity'. 

As we walk down the aisle, I pull out more books. 'The Secret Garden'. I cover the part about the garden and hold it up for her to see. She tiptoes down, pulling out another foreign book. It's called 'Thank You For the Memories' but Cecilia Ahern, but she covers the 'For the Memories' bit. 

We reach the end of the aisle, and as soon as her full body is exposed to me, she attatches herself to me instantly. Her arms wrap around my neck, and I snuggle my face into her neck, breathing in her scent. Do girls always smell naturally good, or is it just Nana? "Missed you," I mumble, kissing her hair. 

"It's only been a few hours. Happy Day-After Birthday," she whispers, casting a glance at the frisky librarian. She shoots a glare in our direction, but otherwise ignores our presence. 

"Happy birthday to you, too. You're officially an adult. Let's go get a drink," I joke.

"Okay," she says, in such a serious tone that I actually laugh out loud. Her brows furrow in confusion like a little child.

"No way am I letting you go near alcohol again! Remember what happened last time? Was it 'Sungyeol is cute and chirpy...'?" I say, in an overly high-pitched imitation of Nana. She scowls, her cheeks flashing beetroot. "But I'm an adult now. I have responsibilities!"

"Sure, Care Bear." I grab hold of her hand, and lead her out of the library. She follows me like a little doll, not to mention she looks like one. Something about the way she wears her uniform makes her look so small. As we exit the library, Nana sighs. "You really need to drop that nickname for me," she says with a pout.

"Then what do you want me to call you?"

"Hmm...how about...Nana?" she giggles.

"That's boring. And Care Bear is cute."

"Sungyeol calls me that," she mumbles. I stop walking for a second, and turn to face her. "Wait, so you don't want me to call you something that Sungyeol calls you? How about..." I lean forwards, as she her breath in. "Honey?"

I lean back, and let a loud chuckle out. Sometimes she's just too cute.

"So when do I get my surprise?" she says, swinging our connected hands. "After school," I say, watching her frown. "I can't wait that long."

"I'm sure you'll survive. And...speak of the devil," I whisper, as eight boys come sauntering towards us. Youngmin jumps onto Nana, pulling her away from my grasp. "Happy birthday!" they scream, all equally excited. Sungyeol hands her a large lampshade, with Sungyeol's face glued all around it. "My present! Because you always say that I'm warm like the sun," he says, leaning towards me with suggestive eyebrows. "And also because I always make you smile and happy!"

I push his arm away from her and scowl. "Nana likes the darkness, in case you didn't realise."

"Oh that wasn't my only gift," he says with a mischevious grin. He leans forwards, and before I can even comprehend what he's planning, his lips touch Nana's briefly, before he pulls away, leaving her startled. "You get my first kiss!" He runs aways skipping like a little child.

Nana touches her lips breathlessly, as if she can't understand what just happened. "Um...we're gonna go now," Woohyun says awkwardly. He hands her a big box. "From all of us. See you, Care Bear." They all pat her head once before heading off in the same direction as Sungyeol.

I can't contain the steaming anger radiating from my skin. Nana seems untouched by this, as if she was in her own little world the entire time. She hoists all of her things up and sighs. "Well, we should get to class."

"Are you just going to act like nothing happened?!"

"Hold Sun Yeol for me," she says dreamily, placing the stupid lampshade in my hands. "You named his lamp?!"

She walks off in a daze, and I have no choice but to follow her. "Yah!" I frown, looking down at Sungyeol's many expressions on the lamp. "Wait for me!"

 



felt like this chapter was getting too long...
sorry for the delay on this chapter! Its still the 14th of march in my fic LOLOL. myungsoo's surprise is in the next chapter!