(043) ♡ curiosity killed the cat

A Cat's Love Story

Something's different about Nana. Something small and subtle, but definitely there. It's something that no one but a person who stares at her face every minute of the day would notice. Someone possibly like me. When she enters the classroom that windy morning, she looks shrivelled and confused. Also very late.

"Take a seat, Ms. Oh," Mr. Chung says, with a sigh. She hurriedly bows, and takes a seat next to Sungyeol. I know I won't be able to talk to her until recess, so all throughout the boring lesson I'm distracted.

Even before the bell chimes, I'm at their table, pulling Nana's arm without thinking of Sungyeol.

"What did you see?" I ask her, pushing her arms against the wall, on either side of her body. She squirms awkwardly, a pain rising in my chest when I realise that I'm hurting her. I let go of my grasp immediately, but she still looks awkwardly uptight. "A cat," she whispers in a shrill voice. "Stabbed."

The blood in my veins run cold. It can't have been the one that I so stupidly tried to hide from her, that one had been run over repeatedly. Something strange is going on, and nothing feels right. I wrap my arms around her fragile body, and rest my chin on her head. She nestles into my chest like a puppy, a strangely comforting feeling that I never thought I'd experience.

"It doesn't mean anything," I tell Nana, although I'm not sure who I'm convincing--myself or her.

Her deep brown eyes look up into my own, and they speak for themselves without words. Who's next?


It's only by the time that lunch rolls around that I find out. The school is buzzing with excitement, news of the so-called 'cat murders' are spreading like wild fire. I momentarily curse in my mind: what's going on? No one in their sane mind would do this purposely... But the rumours are too obvious to ignore. Freshmen come up to me at lunch and ask me if I know anything, and although I shouldn't lie, I tell them 'no'.

It's to protect her. I'm protecting her. I try hypnotising myself in my mind, but it's not working. Everywhere I look, it's as though people are judging me through their half-closed eyes, people who couldn't care less.

It's when I'm walking out of class as the bell rings, that I see her. She herself looks very much like a feline, with her slanted eyes and high cheekbones. Hana wiggles her slim fingers in my direction once, a sly smile placed on her dainty lips. "Hi, Myungsoo," she murmurs, brushing past me with the same grace and agility as a cat. 

Her perfume lingers for longer than neccessary, and I breathe out a gust of an artificial scent. "What do you want?" I ask her, not trying to hide my annoyance.

"Nothing. Not anymore. You're obviously not very smart," she says, shrugging. "So I really can't be bothered." 

"Nice to know," I tell her, through gritted teeth. Today, her hair is tied up in a messy bun. There are eye bags that are too large to be concealed under her powdery foundation, and her lips look cracked and chipped. Something must be up. Hana isn't as perfect as she usually tries to be.

"If I were you, I'd look after those kitties of yours," she says, as she walks away. Her protuding hip bones stick out as she walks ahead of me through the empty hallways. Before she turns the corner, Hana faces me with a smile. "Didn't you know curiosity killed the cat?"

It takes all that I have not to punch her. 



"Myungsoo, you're out of it today," Mrs. Jung says to me. She has the same bright pink lipstick that smears to the left, and a blue leopard print, skin-tight dress. If she thinks this looks good, it doesn't. 

"Sorry, Ahjumma," I tell her sincerely. "A lot has been going on lately."

"The murder thing, huh? It's creeping me out!" she says, her Busan accent creeping in slowly. I've always loved Mrs. Jung. She is the kind of flustered old woman in her mid 40's, trying to look younger than she is much failing miserably. She is the kind of woman who would live with young men trying to work her out of her money, who sleep over at her mansion. Though she's the biggest Sugar Mommy in town, she has a heart of gold.

"Yeah," I say, tightening my guitar strap. She steps off the stage naturally, and gives the 'okay' to the lighting guy. A small strum silences the audience. It feels nice having their attention on me for once. I start to sing a song about heart break and longing, although I'm feeling far from it. There's a different feeling in the air, and the audience knows that.

Some people don't understand what it's like to perform. I can't explain it either, it just...comes naturally. Suddenly, a blood chilling scream echoes through the walls, one that sends a shiver down my spine.


 this was such a bad chapter /creys
i haven't been on for ages!
but i love you guys forever ;-;
my writing skills have been lowered DRASTICALLY !
and this was depressing to write okei
comment? pwease? OuO


thank you for 200 subs! /dances 
dancing dancing in the mooonlightttttt