(07) ♡ the bear in the sky

A Cat's Love Story

The first thing I notice is that it's cold. Really cold. My fingers feel frostbitten, threatening to drop off at any moment. I sigh, a form of smoke exiting my mouth with every breath. My silhouette is visible through the light nurses curtain, revealing my bare skin. I hastily put the giant bear suit on, attempting to conserve heat. Zipping up the large body, I feel stuffy already. I place the head over my own, and huff. Why did I agree to do this?

"Nana?" Sungyeol says, knocking lightly on the door. "Are you finished?" I sigh, unable to do anything but go along with it. "Yeah, I am. What am I supposed to do again?"

He walks in, his brown hair perfectly tousled. With a smile forming on his lips, I can feel him pull the head off. "Wah, you're so adorable! And squishy." He pokes my suit lightly, making me squirm. "Okay, all you need to do is walk around Seoul holding up this sign--" he pulls a giant piece of cardboard that says Visit The Bear Cafe~! "And that's about it."

I puff, sitting down. "Okay then, only because I get to miss classes. I'll see you later then, bye!" I rush out the door before he has a chance to stop me. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Myungsoo for the entire day. I bite my lip, sighing. I hope he's feeling better.

It's really difficult to be a giant bear and go to Seoul on a train. I can feel people's stares at me, even when I take the head off. In my hands is the sign, and also my school bag.

Its going to take an hour to get to the heart of Seoul. The only good thing about this suit is that it's really warm and fluffy. Suddenly, I can feel someone holding onto my arm...Someone is rubbing their face against me? A ert?! "Mmm.." the voice softly mumurs. Wait, I know that voice... "Kim Myungsoo?!" I shriek, turning around to see the mysterious ert actually being the icy Kingka. "You're so warm," he says, edging closer towards me.

"W-w-what are you doing!?" I leap out of my seat, and his head crash bangs straight into the hard metal seats. "Ah, I'm sorry!" He groans again, bringing his delicate fingers to his perfect hair. "Ow... Come back here, I'm cold," he pouts. Slowly, I sink back into my original seat, face burning. I can feel his touch through the thick fabric, sending a shivering tingle through my whole body. He wraps his arms around me gently, resting his head on my shoulder. We stay in that awkward position for who knows how long, and just when I'm about to tell him to get off me, I see that he's asleep. His chest rises and falls slowly, and I'm suddenly mesmerised by such a beautiful creature before me. I smile, hugging my bear head. He falls asleep too easily.

After around an hour in the train, I try to edge myself away from him without waking him up-- and failing. "Where are you going?" he mumurs. "I'm cold.."

"I need to get off here," I tell him, pulling away. He pulls back. "Fine..."

To my surprise, he gets off with me, always resting one hand on my furry suit, in an almost protective stance. "Where are we going?" he says, once we exit the train station.

I turn around to face him properly. "Well, I'm advertising..I don't know what you're doing.."

"Advertising for what?"

"Sungyeol's cafe..." I blush, when he smirks. "Sungyeol, huh?"

"Stop it. Just go if you're not going to help.."

He bends down to reach my eye-level, making me feel shy again. When I feel like I'm about to melt, he grabs my head and puts it over my hair. "I'll hold your little sign, you just walk around looking fluffy."

I clumsily trail after him, not being able to see. As he walks at an inhuman speed, I'm forced to walk around aimlessly, trying to catch up. My arms are flailing around me, trying to decipher my location. He grabs hold of my hand (paw), and walks with me, leading the way. It's good that I have a helmet on, or he'd see my crimson cheeks, my silly smile.

I can tell we're attracting some attention, but I'm unsure of whether it's me or Myungsoo, the attractive boy who's holding onto a fat bear. Many girls walk up to him, and I can hear them flirting, saying they'd definitely go to the cafe. "But who's that?" a flimsy voice says, coated with sugar. I roll my eyes inside the head.

"That's my bear. Obviously."

"Okay....Want to come out with us? Let's go karaoke!"

"I can't," he said, and I can hear the smile in his voice. "I'm baby-sitting the bear."

"Yah!" I yell inside my suit, frustrated. The girls sound almost surprised that I am able to talk.

"Whatever," the girl says, the another girl giggles. "Just ditch the toy and come play with us!"

"I'd rather not. It's a cute bear," he says, with a laugh, just before he runs off, pulling me with him. After about an hour of walking around, I'm tired. We find a foutain to sit near, and I take my head off. "What was that?" I groan, looking at him. "Why are there girls following you around everywhere?!"

He starts to giggle slowly, even though I don't know what he's laughing at. He points to my hair. "Ahaha!"

"What?" I say, voice filled with insecurity. My paws roam around my hair, trying to straighten it out.

"Hey, you're making it worse," he says, and his slender fingers work through my tangled hair, fixing it and flattening. I sit patiently like an obedient child, smiling at the jealous glances I get. He pats me once on my head and sits back.

"Thank you for yesterday," he says, smiling. 

I blush, nodding. "It's okay.. are you feeling better?"

"Much. But..." he leans closer to me, so close that I can feel his breath tingling on my lips. Suddenly, I forget to breathe, I can feel my heart beating like a drum. "I want more of your soup," he replies coolly, before sitting back. I let out a breath of relief. Why does he always do that to me?

"I'll make you more," I tell him. We both look up towards the sky, the sky that is bluer than the water in the fountain. The clouds swirl around in unrecognisable patterns above us. "It's a bear," he says, pointing to a random shaped cloud.

"What? It's obviously a dog?"

"No, it's a bear. And that's a cat."

"A cat? Are you blind? It's a flower!"

"That's a mushroom!"

"No, that's a star."

He looks at me in the eye, and his smile is so mesmerising, it's better than the sky, the clouds and the stars. For a brief second, I feel like he's about to kiss me. The moment is perfect, we're staring into each other's eyes, and then... he pulls away. "We should be getting back," he says, looking away. He picks up the sign and my head. "Let's go."


that was so cute! i had to relisten to this song one million times just to write this chapter. it's going to be the main ost in the future yay