(06) ♡ read my lips

A Cat's Love Story

As soon as I wake up the next morning, I feel as though I've forgotten something. My eyes scan the room for any sort of reminder, note, that may indicate what I was meant to do. I glance once at the purring cats beside me and a lightbulb click in my head. I jump out of bed, throwing the covers off in a hurry. I change into my school uniform, brush my teeth, and grab the box of kittens, indicating to it's parents to follow.

I run out of my house, trying not to wake grandpa. As soon as I get out, it's a freezing winter day. I hug the box closer to my chest, as I walk with shivering steps towards the mansion on the other side of the fence. I press the doorbell quickly, afraid that my fingers will fall off from the chilliness. After a long period of waiting, L finally answers the door, looking worn out. He's wearing many thick jumpers, and has a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, as he shivers. His lips are chapped and dry, he looks at me with cold eyes, just before he falls straight into my arms, cold like a corspe.

Immediately, I drop the box, preparing to catch him. He quivers slightly, eyes meeting my own. I struggle to carry him back inside the house, the cats already inhabiting their new paradise of shelter and warmth. Instead, I flop him down on the squishy couch, hearing him groan from the impact. "Ah..I'm sorry," I mumble, quickly wrapping his blanket around his body. I feel his forehead and he has a raging fever, suddenly my heart is beating faster. His pale face and beads of sweat across his brow tell me that it's more serious than an average cold.

"Myungsoo-ah, I'm going to go make you food okay? After that you can take medicine. Rest now, okay?"

He nods slowly, as I run to the kitchen. I get the pots and ingredients out to make chicken soup, and search furiously around the house for cold medicine. Finally, I settle for Panadol, and begin making his soup, looking back occasionally. Where are his parents? Is he sick...because of me?

Once I'm finished, I bring him the food on the plainest china I could find, lifting to spoon to his lips. He moves slightly, but his eyes don't open. "Myungso, eat...ah.."
He opens his mouth the slightest bit, just big enough for me to pour the steaming liquid down his throat. "Yummy, right?" I say, trying to smile.

Instead, he groans, and shifts to his left. "Yunji-ah.." he whispers, his voice barely audible. "Yunji Noona.."

"Who? No, Myungsoo-ah, it's Nana..I..."

He turns over uncomfortably, twists and moves about in the couch. I stop him, forcing him to eat at least a tiny bit. "I...love you," he mumbles, making my heart stop beating. I know that this confession isn't for me, but hearing the words coming out of his mouth....

I shake those thoughts away, continuosly feeding him. Once the entire soup is finished, I feed him the medication and watch him sleep, breathing lightly, his chest rising and falling. "I'm sorry," I mumble. I place a wet cloth on his forehead, hoping it'll cool the fever down. Just when I believe he's beginning to fall asleep, he whispers through almost closed lips, "I love you."

 



really short chappy, yawn* WHO ISH DIS YUNJI HE SPEAKS OF?