(08) ♡ the bear cafe!

A Cat's Love Story

When I walk out of the house the next day, I'm in a winter wonderland. It seems like overnight, my entire town was transformed by a wrath of icing. It's a beautiful sight, the white frosting on the Kim's mansion. White against white. I breathe out, smoke coming out from my icy cavern. Even with gloves, a beanie, a scarf and a coat over thick jumper, I'm freezing. I rub my hands together, suddenly remembering that it's a Saturday, and I'm working at the Bear Cafe today. I run back inside to get my bike, and pedal off, hoping that it'd be enough to warm me up.

When I arrive, the Bear Cafe has been transformed from an old warehouse to a cute shop. There's already a line of teenagers, lovers, and mostly girls. I walk straight in, trying to ignore the glares I receive. When I enter the cafe, a bell jingles, and I'm greeted by seven handsome males.

"Nana!" Sungyeol says happily, wrapping his arms around me. Though I squirm, it feels oddly satisfying, the feeling of my skin against his soft fabric. "Thank you for coming," he says gratefully, as he smiles. It's the first time that I've actually looked at Sungyeol as a real person, not just an obsessed fan boy. Near the corner of the room, I hear someone clear his throat. My eyes fall upon the perfect face, the good-looking stranger, the statue and the star in a black sky. "Myungsoo," I breathe, almost confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Helping out. Your lover boy said it'd be good for attracting customers, and here I am. I missed you," he said, leaning down to hug me. He smirks, looking at Sungyeol. My heart skips a beat, my lungs barely breathing. I smell his scent lightly, he smells of roses and cleanliness and ice. His lips brush past my neck and to my ear, as he whispers, almost unaudible. "92 days," he says. I give him a small nod, showing him that I know this isn't real. He doesn't really miss me. I assure him that I don't either.  "I...I missed you too," I mumble, when he releases me from his grasp. Sungyeol pouts looking at us, but leads me to the change room, as L follows behind us quietly, silent like a cat.

Sungyeol hands me my costume, and I change into it. When I come out, I have been transformed back into a chubby bear. I waddle across the room, bowing to the handsome boys whom I've ignored earlier. "Hello," I say, bowing awkwardly. "I'm Nana. Nice to meet you."

The boys introduce themselves to me one by one, though I alrady know each of them. Sunggyu is the oldest, a graduate majoring in Performing Arts. He's a college kid, but he's also super talented and famous around school. Hoya is a quiet dancer, he doesn't speak to me other than a nod of acknowledgment.

There's a boy who is wiping the tables down, he's thinner than I am and possibly prettier. He has locks long enough to be mistaken for a girl, and I notice him around school alot. He's the cute sixteen year old, Sungjong, who is a year younger than I am. He bows back to me, and though I've never spoken to him before today, I've always known his voice would be high pitched. "Nice to meet you, Noona! You're so cute."

I blush, thanking him. Woohyun is the player of Jeong Shin High School. He's a year older than me, and a well-known ladies-man. "Hey cutie," he says, winking. Even in his waiters uniform he is good-looking. I bow quietly.

"I haven't seen you around before, are you new?"

"No, I've been in six of your classes since high school?"

He thinks this information over for a few seconds, then returns to his cocky posture, shrugging. "Must've missed you. Are you busy tonight?"

When I'm about to answer, L comes up behind me, and puts his arms around my waist. For a second, their eyes meet, glaring at each other. In the few minutes of silence, Myungsoo only rests his head on my shoulder, smiling in content. "Shoo," he says, when Woohyun runs off. L lets go of me, though I wish he didn't.

"Thanks," I say, smiling.

"Why do I always have to save you from getting played," he mumbles to himself, as he walks away.

"Yah!" I yell, running after him. More like waddling actually, my feet are so large I just about trip all over the place. I sigh to myself, preparing to open the shop. The line outside is getting larger by the minute, and I'm suddenly frightened of all those females. I walk outside, flipping the sign to 'Come in, we're open!~'

And immediately, the teens flood in, almost running my over. I stand outside with my bear head on, sighing. I hit my head on the glass window repeatedly, almost in a depressed daze. "Why is my life like this?" I mumble to myself. "Why are you so cute?!"

"Thank you?" a voice rumbles across from me. I stiffen, and lift my head up slightly to see who it is. Kim Myungsoo is staring straight at me, a cocky smile placed on his perfect little face.

 



short hiatus i'm going somewhere for a few days~