(010) ♡ i think i wanna marry you

A Cat's Love Story

The sound of birds chirping wakes me up form my trance of sleep. My dreams are filled with nightmares of Myungsoo's perfect face, haunting me with his laugh, his smile, his eyes. Once my eyes open and the light seeps in, I look at my phone for the time.

Surprisingly, I have a text message from the boy who haunts my dreams.

Come to my house, okay? I have a surprise for you!

I groan, mentally wondering what kind of torture he's going to put me through today. I change into simple jeans, a thick woolly jumper along with red mittens that I knitted myself. A sad attempt to remain warm. I walk out into the hallway, careful not to disturb my grandfather. 

"So you're going to see him again, huh?" he says, in a scary voice. I turn around, facing the balding, short old man. My mother used to say I looked like him when he was younger. I stare back at him, wondering if I'll look like that when i'm 76.

"Grandpa," I say, feigning innocence. "Who?"

"The boy! That boy next door, the cute one," he says, raising his eyebrows suggestively. I roll my eyes, placing my coat over my shoulders as I open the door. "I don't know what you're talking about, Grandpa. He's just a friend."

"Or is he...?" he says, showing me a piece of paper with my messy writing on it. "Wavier of Agreement? Sounds familiar?"

"Grandpaaaa," I wail, grabbing it out of his wrinkled hands. "Please stop going through my things! I need to go now, bye!" I sprint out the door before he can say another smart alec thing to my face.

"He didn't love you so you black mailed him?" he calls. "Just like your mother!"

The snow greets me, a cold welcome. I trudge along the scruffy covered pavement, my boots leaving footprints that will melt soon. The leaves on the willow tree are frozen. Like an icicle, I'm afraid it will drop, plunging down onto my head. I run, faster.

Arriving at Myungsoo's house, I'm surprised. He waits for me on the porch, and ice prince in an icy town. Lupin and Hello lurk nearby, just as his face breaks into a grin. "Took you long enough," he says, rising. "I'm so cold..let's go inside."

I follow him limply, inside the heated mansion, inside the place where the memory of Yunji remains. My eyes dart away from her perfect pictures, her perfect face. "What did you want?" I say, feigning happiness.

He picks up Hello, even though she struggles, and smiles. "Marriage ceremony."


We sit together in the heated lounge room, two cats and their five babies all dressed in white. We quickly came up with a suitable wedding dress for Lupin, a contrast with her coal skin. As for the kittens, they're wearing left over tulle, wrapped around their fat bodies, even though four out of one of them is male. "I now pronounce you cat and wife!" L says, holding up a bible. I gently push Hello's head towards his wife, so that their lips meet slightly, as we break into applause.

"Yay!" I say, playing with a baby kitten.

"That one's Ppopo," he says, seriously. I turn to face him, blinking. "What?"

"You didn't name any of them...so I did. Well, a few. That's one of the males, you can tell by their fur."

And you can. The female doesn't have any stripes, Ppopo is the darkest shade, one is pure white, another perfectly grey with stripes and the last is incredibly fat like it's mother. "Let's call the fat one Hoon," I say, laughing as it tumbles over. He shrugs.

"Sure."

"I already named the girl, she's Kimchi," he says, blushing. Surprisngly, I giggle, the sound even surprising myself. 

"The white one can be..Dubu!" 

"And the other one is Aegie," he says. "He was born last. I remember."

I look up at L, eyes filled with wonder. Once again, he's transformed into the teenage boy who loves cats, capturing my heart again. He probably notices me staring, and rises to get us some drinks. I sigh, flopping down on a couch. Stop it, I tell myself. Stop it right now.


yay they got married >:3 incase you were wondering:
fattest = Hoon
grey stripes = aegi
white one = dubu
female grey = kimchi
darkest =