(021) ♡ when planes fly higher than birds

A Cat's Love Story

I step with my feet crunching the snow on the ground, as I turn to Myungsoo's house. The cats are following me now, even the kittens that have learnt to walk properly on their own. Their really growing bigger now, and I'm afraid they'll outgrow their current beds and the box. My stomach feels sick at the thought of meeting L so soon, especially after last night. I barely slept a wink, not to mention waking up at 6 am to read Myungsoo's text message saying to drop Lupin off. I pout as I watch my footprints in the snow, and then I finally lift my head up.

When I stop aburptly, little Aegi bumps into my ankles, but I ignore the poor kitten.The first thing that I think is, 'wow'. There is an obvious emptiness from the heap of snow, a pathway leading to the cafe that ends at Myungsoo's house. It goes far, very far, probably until it reaches the cafe, school and park. My mouth hangs open in a large'o', and immediately I feel guilty. Did he...stay out here all day, doing this? I think back to his words earlier. 'I hope you can ride your bike tomorrow'. Is that what he meant? The idea of him doing something this sweet is crazy, but I instinctively remember him being there when I was attacking the ground. "No way," I mumble to myself, as I walk up the first few steps leading to his house.

He comes out on the first buzz of his doorbell, looking as handsome as he always does. His usually perfect hair is messed up, looking incredibly messy, even for him. As if he tossed and turned in his sleep. He opens the door wider for me, and I walk in, helping the kittens and cats inside, before taking my shoes off.

Immediately, Myungsoo grins, his eyes on Lupin. He picks her up, and presses his nose against her, murmuring sweet things that make me giggle. He's sort of cute with his cat. He seems to notice me staring, and I release my gaze immediately. "Excuse me..." I mumble, staring at my feet. "Outside...the snow...did you...?"

He smiles, a dazzling smile that doesn't stop time, or make me hear angels. Just a smile that makes me smile back. "You wanted to ride your bike. And I knew an apology wasn't enough to keep you from being angry," he replies with a cool shrug.

"W-well..." I stutter, unable to think clearly. "Thank you..."

A noise that sounds like someone tripping over a pile of pots interrupts our awkwardness. Myungsoo's smile turns into a hard, straight line, as he calls out, "Are you okay?", as if his concern was forced. I curiously tilt my head, wondering who's making such a mess. Yunji lightly steps downstairs, her hair in a slight mess. Though it's winter, she's wearing shorts and a thick jumper, showing no sign of coldness. Suddenly, I feel extremely lumpy and dwarfy next to her. "Oh, Nana!" she breathes, still tired from doing whatever form of labor upstairs.

"Hi, um....Unnie." I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to call her, though 'Yunji' seems a bit rude. She throws her arms around my neck, as if we'd known each other for years and smiles brightly. "I'll miss you. Sort of," she jokes, tucking her hair behind one ear. 

"Are you leaving already?" I mumble. She nods, and my eyes dart towards Myungsoo, who looks strange and solitary, standing there on his own. Yunji follows my gaze, and laughs. "He's not coming with me. But sorry, I need to borrow Myungsoo for a bit, he's dropping me off at the airport today. Want to come?"

Just when I'm about to protest, Yunji's smile stops me. "It's settled then! My flight's at 10, so we'll leave around 7? I'm packing right now, and oh--" Stopping in mid-spazz, she runs over to pick up the fat black cat that prowls around the living room. "Lupin!" she shrieks. Lupin doesn't bite or sratch her like he does with me. He doesn't even hiss. Instead, he turns into a loving cat, who purrs sweetly, and the side of her face. "Two-faced cat," I mumble to myself under my breath. L catches my gaze and chuckles lightly.

"She's still alive?" she jokes. Turning to me, she places him down onto the ground gently. "I gave Lupin to Myungsoo before I left. She's grown pretty fat, hasn't she?" With a little pat, Yunji walks back to her room, leaving us feeling like a tornado just ended. I breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry," he mumbles. "She's getting a little strange after she read an article about her. Trying to cover it up with a smile. I guess that's why she's heading back now..." He hands me a posh, glossy magazine that says on the front cover, 'Stars'. After flipping a few pages, there is a large picture of Han Yunji, her orange hair braided. She's sitting on a brown couch, her clothes casual, but fashionable.

 

han yunji - wasting her talent?

Model, ballerina & idol star. Just recently, after being crowned the world's youngest ballet 'legend', it's been rumoured that 25 year-old Yunji has flown back to Seoul, her place of birth. Though she's been living in Paris for over 4 years, the ballerina took a sudden leave from the Paris Opera Ballet to return home. 'At the peak of her career,' a fellow dancer says, 'She shouldn't be worried about emotional affairs. Yunji is a talented young girl and she shouldn't let her emotions get in the way of her dancing. You can't pick up your bags and say "Oh, I miss my parents!" and fly back home. It doesn't work like that.' Another rumour has been spreading, that not only has Yunji's feelings been wavering, but also her heart? When asked if she had a boyfriend, love interest, or secret lover, all she said was, 'Maybe,' with a sly smile. We asked one of Yunji's biggest rivals, Jo Haneul, what she thought of this. 'Love leads to heartbreak. Heartbreak leads to over-eating. Over-eating leads to getting fat. And 'fat' and 'ballerina' do not go together.' Haneul has been getting lots of recognition due to Yunji's dissappearance. If she doesn't get her act together, Jo Haneul is sure to steal her spotlight. 

Article by: Go Hyerim


I look up at Myungsoo with a gaping mouth. "How could anybody write about this! That's horrible." L nods along with me, as Yunji pokes her head down the top of the stairs. "Hey, are you guys coming to help me or what?"


Since I was younger, I loved the airport. I loved the food, the suitcases, the swirly thing that had all your bags on it and most especially the planes. As my shoes click on the perfectly polished tiles, I smile at the memory of all this. Just the thought of flying away, over the seas brings shivers up my spine. It's crowded today. A few students crowd around us, screaming, "It's Han Yunji!" and "Look at that hot guy..." I lower my eyes, and hide behind Myungoo's back, desperately trying to not attract attention.

Yunji leaves to get her bags checked, and I sit on the seats with L, awkwardly. After a long silence, he finally speaks up. "Han River." I turn my attention towards him. "I've always wanted to scream out at the Han River. What about you? What do you want to do one day?"

I place my finger on my bottom lip, thinking. "I've always wanted...to wear a crown made of flowers, and pretend to be a daisy princess." Myungsoo raises an eyebrow, but I only laugh.

"Hmm.. what do we have in common?" he mumbles to himself randomly. 

"Cats," I mumble, under my breath. He nods.

"Street?" he offers.

"School, class, age, birth month," I laugh. "Okay, there are heaps of things."

He leans closer to me, so close that I can feel his breath tickling my skin. For a minute, I stop talking, afraid that he'll move an inch closer and send me to a hospital. "I guess you could say..." he mumbles. "We're both kind of...lonely."

Myungsoo says it so simply, so bluntly, but it's so true. He pulls away, and I sit back into the cold metal seat. Since I was younger, I'd always pushed myself away from others. I turned my attention toward my only friend, my cat. Hello was my comforter, as I started to show my distaste towards all humans in general. I guess L was the same. When Yunji returns, she jumps onto L--well, not literally--, wrapping her arms around him. She pecks him gently on the cheek, and smiles. "I'm going to miss you. So so so so so much. I don't care what you think or say about me, I love you and you're mine." She tweaks his nose, and laughs.

To my surprise, he hugs her back, tightly. "I'll miss you too, Noona." He releases her from her waist, and Yunji runs up to me. Bending down, she picks up a bear that was hiding behind her luggage, that I never noticed before. It's large, almost the size of me, and looks oddly familiar... "Tada!" she says, bringing the bear out. "It's you! Well, sort of. Your costume from the cafe." She leans in closer, to whisper into my ear. "Because you were about to give Myungsoo to me, I'll let you have this bear as a boyfriend!" She kisses me on the cheek too, and drags her luggage towards gate C. Just before she enters, she spins on her heels, and waves. I wave back, and so does the boy next to me, though not as estatically.

After a few minutes, she's gone. I hug the bear tightly onto my chest, squeezing it by it's fat neck. "What are you naming it?" he asks, as we step out of the automatic doors. A list of names run through my head, though none really fits. Then, Yunji's voice pops up, her words repeatedly echoing. "Myungsoo.." I mumble, though he wasn't meant to hear that.

"Sorry, what?"

"The bear's name...it's Myungsoo."

His face softens, and he pinches the bear's cheek. "Why, are you going to hug it when you're sleeping?"

I step in front of him, rolling my eyes. "No, I'm going to hit it when I'm angry."

"H-hey!" he calls, as I speed up my pace. "Yah! Come back here!"


so that was a pretty booooring chapters. like 5 of my friends are reading this fanfic now, IM GONNA CREY AND DELETE MY ACCOUNT T^T  just kidding about the last part, but yeah ):

AND ALSO. I DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO AYSHIENJULIE BECAUSE SHE IS LE EMBARRASSED AND KYOOT <3