Chapter Three

Destiny or Fate

Chapter Three

 

Bom came home thourgh the back doors when she overheard her stepmom and a friend discussing about something.  And bam.  An idea popped into Bom's head.  When her stepmom's friend left, Bom quitely walked over with a big smile.

"Mom.." She said as she walked forward.

"What do you want? And why are you in a good mood?"  Her stepmother asked in a harsh tone.  "Did you get the job?"

"Well mom, I need you to help me into talking to dad about the job.  There is one tiny problem and that is they need me to move to the countryside where the job is located at AND the person hiring me said that the payment is very well." Bom said with a pleading voice.

"What!!  That's a 'tiny' problem huh?!?!!"  yelled her mother, "you want me to talk to your dad about you moving out to some stranger's place and you know that your father doesn't even want you to work."

"Shhh.. Please mom, keep your voice down, I don't want dad to know about it yet."

Quitely, her stepmom asked, "Well, how much are they paying you?"

Bom knew her stepmom was going to ask about the payment.  "I'm not exactly sure, but I know it's a lot and with my first paycheck, I'm going to send it all to you and dad.  Mom, I don't want you to work any more.  You're getting old and I want to take care of you.  And later on, with the next paycheck I get, maybe you can open a small shop or something; you know to keep you from being too bored."  Bom tried to persuade her stepmom by using her sweet tone that she knows her stepmom can not resist.

The stepmom was more than happy hearing that she didn't have to work anymore and plus she is getting old and wanted to get some rest from all of the work.  She was still curious though, how Bom know about the shop she's been wanting for lord, who knows how long because of the poor finances they were going thourgh.  "How did you know I wanted to open up a shop?"

"Oh, it was only a suggestion, but if you don't want to, that's fine."  Bom replied.

"Well, let me think about it."  The stepmother the television but with Bom there, it was a distraction for her.  "Shouldn't you be starting dinner now?!"  she yelled.

"Okay mom, I know you can help me with this."  she replied back, causing her stepmom to glare at her.  "Yes, I'll get right on it mother."  She said as she rushed to the kitchen and grabbed an apron.

- - -

The table was set and the dinner was hot and ready to eat.  Bom waited for her parents to come.  She was nervous, so nervous, she could faint but she calmed herself to hear her father answers.  If her plans failed, then yeah, she can faint right at the moment.  Her father and stepmom stepped in the dinning room and took a seat down next to each other.  Dinner was served.  Bom did not utter a word until her father decided to stop the silence and opened his mouth.

"Honey, how did the interview go, did you get the job?"  He stared at his daughter, waiting for a reply.

"Umm.. The..The interview went well."  She replied.  The butterflies in her stomach started to rise.

"Okay, so did you get the position?"

"Yes, they offered me the position."  She said as she slowly brought up her fork to ,

"That's good, so when are you starting?"  Again with another question.

Bom looked over to her stepmother, but her stepmother just continued eating the food on her plate.  Bom kept waiting for her stepmom to jump into the conversation at any second now.  She knew if her stepmom would not jump in, her plans would definitely fail.

"Bommie, did you hear what I just asked?"  He said from the other side of the table.

"Yes, yes I heard you dad."

"Okay, so when exactly are you going to start working?"  He asked once again.


"Um.. As soon as possible, but I have to move to where the job is located."  Bom said it so fast and low and in one breath, hoping that her dad only heard "as soon as possible" part and nothing else.  But of course, her dad is ill and weak but surely was not deaf.

"What?!?!!  Moving?  To where?  NO NO NO NO NO!  You are not moving anywhere young lady."  He shouts from the other side of the table.

"But dad, it pays really well.  I want to be able to take care of you and mom.  You don't have to worry about me, I can take care of myself."  She said in a desperate weeping tone.

The stepmom grab her husband's hands with teary eyes.  "Dear, I have something to tell you,  I just got layoff today and I don't know when I'm going to find a new job.  We need Bom to work for right now or else we are going to live out on the streets."

Bom was shocked to hear that, but at the same time relieved with her stepmom excuse,  Definitely a good one.  She sat back waiting for what else her stepmom had in store.

"WHAT?!?!!" The old man screamed in disbelief.

"Honey we raised Bom to be a strong and independent woman;  I know that Bom won't disappoint us.  She has been a good daughter and always will."

Bom went over to the other side of the table, to her father.  She laid her head on his shoulder.  "Daddy, I won't disappoint you and mom.  I promise to take good care of myself.  Once I get there, I promise to call and write tons of letters so you won't have to worry about me. Ehh?  Daddy, okay?  Please daddy."  She pleaded.

"Aishh.."  He patted his daughter's head "...What can I say.  So when are you exspected to leave?"  He asked.

It was such an excitement for Bom, but looking thourgh her father's eyes, she could see his sadness, but she must go for her sake and her family.  "Well...." She started, "...I have to give the answer tomorrow and they will tell me when I'm going to leave."  She said.  "Thank you Daddy."

- - -

Author : Yeah; Yeah; Yeah.  Go ahead and kill me for not giving you guys any Jiyong and Bommie interactions.  I know I hate myself too.  But i just thought that I need to talk more about Bommie first.  Jiyong will appear....Soon.  Thanks to all the readers.  Muah <3

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT; I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF SILENT READERS