Chapter Fourteen

Destiny or Fate

Chapter Fourteen

Jiyong was in his room getting ready.  He was combing his hair and putting on the best cologne he has.  He went downstairs to see his friends and family arriving.  A few minutes later, his grandmother and Kiko arrived at the same time.  Jiyong approach his grandmother.  "Hi grandma,"  as he lightly kissed her on the cheek.

"My wonderful grandson.  Happy birthday honey." she handed him his gift.  "May you deserve nothing but the best and for you to meet good and kind hearted people."

"Thank you grandma, but you didn't have to bring anthing."  As soon as he accepts the present, "Let's go by the pool."  Jiyong said as he lead her to the backyard.

Jiyong chat with his grandmother for s while and then made his way to Kiko.  "Hello, Thank you for making it to my party."  He smiled and handed her a drink.  She was smiling back at him, "I wouldn't want to miss it for the world.  Oh, and Happy Birthday Ji."  She handed her present to him.

He smiled and accepted her gift.  "Thank you, but you didn't have to, you know."

"I know, but your special to me."  Kiko replied.  She was looking across the pool.  "Is that your grandmother over there?"

Jiyong sips his drink, "Yes, here let me introduce you to her."  He reached his hand out for her.  She stood up, accepting his hand and they both walked over to his grandma.

"Grandma, there's someone I would like you to meet.  This is Kiko."  He introduced.  Kiko greeted her, "It is nice to meet you."  Grandma did not seem too appealing of Kiko.  Kiko wore a spaghetti strap dress with her half of her back showing.  'What kind of girl is this that my Jiyong is getting into,' she thought to herself.  "It's nice to meet you too."  Grandma faked a smile.

Jiyong then introduce Kiko to his friends and then excused himself to the kitchen.

Bom was walking out of the kitchen door with a bowl of fruits to give it to Chaerin, but as she exit out of the kitchen Jiyong bummped into her, causing one of the fruit on the top of the bowl to drop onto the floor.  "Hey!"  She shout, not realizing it was Jiyong.  She looks at him with a glare and then went down to pick it up.  At the same Jiyong also went down to pick it up.  Their hands touched for the first time.  When Bom saw this, she qiuckly pulls away.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you again.  You mind bringing more refreshments?"  He asked.  "Sure." She answered.

He left back to the party and Bom proceed outside with the bowl of refreshments on her hands.  He was talking to his friends and saw Bom a far.

"Ji, who is she over there with the refreshments?" asked Top, who was staring at Bom.

"Oh her,"  Jiyong pointed towards the lady in with the refreshments in her hands.  "She's my new maid, Why?" he asked in curiousity.

"Nothing man, she's just really pretty.  Look at her; you think I couold have her phone number?" Top asked while he laughed.  Jiyong was beginning to feel some jealousy,  "What?!  No! You can go find your own maid!"

"Dang man, you didn't have to get angry.  I was kidding."

"I wasn no angry.  I just don't like people talking about my employees.

- - -

Kiko overheard Jiyong's loud voice from a far and walk towards the two.  "What's wrong Ji?"

"Nothing, We were just joking around."  Jiyong answered, looking around at is friends, especially Top.  "You want anything else to eat?"

"No I'm full," Kiko said as she touched her stomach.  "You mind showing me the restroom?"

"Sure, right this way."  Jiyong lead he inside the house to the restroom and came back outside.

Bom was walking towards the kitchen for more ice when she bumped into Kiko.  "What is this?  You don't have any eyes to see where you're going?"

Bom apologized for the mishap but Kiko did not accept.  "You are blind or what?!" Kiko yelled.  Bom wanted to scream back but Jiyong walked in just in time.  He had a confused look on his face, looking at the both of the girls.  "What's the matter Kiko?  Is there something wrong?"  He asked and step towards them.

Kiko hugged on to his arms, "Ji, your maid bumpped into me and now my arm is hurt."

Bom wanted to slap her for lying right in front of her face, but decided to hold it in.

Jiyong looked over to Bom, "Oh, She's always like that.  She never looks at where shs'e going.  I apologize for her."  After that, Jiyong and Kiko left with Kiko turning her head back towards Bom, giving her a glare.  Bom was left standing there feeling upset.

When Jiyong and Kiko came back out, the birthday cake was out and everyone was singing to Jiyong.

"Close your eyes and make a wish." said Kiko.  Jiyong closes his eyes and made his wish, which was different from all his other wishes,  This one came from his heart.  After that he grabbed the knife and cut the cake and passes it out to his friends and grandma.

Midnaight came and soon everyone was left except Top.  He saw Bom cleaning up near the pool and walks over to her.  "Hello your name is Bom.  Am I right?"  He said as he bend down to help her pick uo the trash.  "Yes" I responded and left to get another trash bag in the litchen.

"Wait!" Top yelled.  "You forgot something."

Bom stopped and turned around only to find a flower in front of her.  "What is this for?"  She asked.  Top was holding a yellow flower in his hands.  "Please take it as a friendship rose and nothing more."

Bom shook her head, "I don't think it would be appropriate."

Top grabs her hand and place the yellow rose and places it on top of her palms.  "Friendship rose, that's all." He smiled.

Bom just smiled, "Thank you."

Jiyong walked by with a plate of cake on his hand of which he had saved for Bom.  But instead saw the two of them with Bom holding a yellow rose with a smile on her face.  He felt a rush of redness on his face and threw the cake the the trash beside him.  "Ah Hem!" coughed Jiyong.  Both Bom and Top turned around discovering Jiyong in front of them.

"Hey Ji, I think I'm going to leave now." Top said and turns back to face Bom and bid her a good bye.

When Top walked out of the backyard, Bom was about to leave also, but was stopped by Jiyong.  "If you want to accept people's gift, please do it on your own time, not your working hours."

Bom did not reply and continued to walk out but stopped when she heard Jiyong's saying again.  "Oh one more thing, it is not polite to flirt with the boss's friends or have you forgotton already that I am still your boss?"

Bom turned around and walked a bit closer to him, "Please do not accuse me of flirting with your friends.  Your friend was the one flirting with me,"  as Bom started to smile,  "and I might as well say that he is one nice guy, unlike some people."  She finished and walked away.  Jiyong wasn't going to let her leave that easily.  He followed her and grabs her wrist.  "Oh really then, I guess I'm not good enough for you, that's why you need my friend to pamper you too?"

"Let me go!  You're hurting me,"  She struggled to pull away his hands away from her wrist.  Jiyong stared hard into her eyes and finally released her.  He didn't know what have gotten into him lately. *SIGH 'What the heck is wrong with me?'

- - -

Author : See?  I kept my promise to update didn't I?  Ms. GEEBOM doesn't lie ;;  Well I hope you enjoyed this update as much as I enjoyed writing it.  Thank you for reading and I'll be back soon.  Mauh <3

Don't mind the typos~

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT; I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF SILENT READERS