EIGHTEEN

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

That night, I couldn’t sleep, thinking about the endless incidents I’ve been on and dreading about it then I thought about my remaining days as a senior. Would it be like the past few days and weeks of bad luck? Would it cost me more paranoia and anxiety? I closed my eyes and tried my best to drift off to sleep but my mind can’t seem to do it even though I completely feel exhausted. I sighed and got up once I realize that tonight, I would be getting no sleep.

 

I tiptoed slowly downstairs to prepare myself one hot choco when I noticed a small figure in the kitchen. I grimaced. Who could be here at two am? My question was answered when I found Eunjin munching on some cereal. He looked like a caught thief when I spotted him. “I got hungry!” He quickly defended himself as I chuckled.

“Same,” I mumbled before I went to get a cup. Eunjin continued to eat yet he was observing me. “What now?” I questioned his stares and he shrugged his shoulders.

“You’re getting a hot beverage?” He asked curiously.

“I just want one.”

“Are you sure?” He mused suspiciously and I turned to him.

“What does that even mean?” I scrunched my brows and he shrugged his shoulders once again. “Nothing. I just thought something’s bothering you lately. You were usually out of trance.” He said while still munching on his cereal.

“I don’t know about that.” I answered casually. I don’t want any of them to know  that I’m not really having the time of my life in highschool.

“Is highschool really that tough?” He questioned all of a sudden.

“Not really. You should just keep eating and stop asking so many questions.” Eunjin frowned at my statement. “But I’m not and why are you avoiding the question?”

“I just answered you.”

“That’s not really an answer.” I let out a huge sigh. “Eunjin, just eat your cereal.” I then turned back to my hot choco and stirred it.

“Noona..” I heard Eunjin mutter. “Is someone giving you trouble?” My heart ached at the concerned boy just a few feet away from me and immediately, a smile appeared on my face as I faced him. “Noona’s perfectly fine, Eunjin.” My heart ached more with the lies I told my little brother.

 

 

 

 

Since the following week will be a hectic one because finals are a few weeks away, weekend doesn’t look like much of a weekend. Notes and projects were sprawled all over my room’s floor and my head was starting to explode off my head. Seniors last year didn’t lied when they said it really is difficult to be one. I remember one time when Lu Han invited me over and when I came, he looked like a zombie. A hot zombie (Hehe) and he used to tease me to give him a kiss so that he could process properly despite the sleepless nights and I did kiss him. As a matter of fact, that was my first torrid kiss with him and now thinking about it made me blush at the memory. I let out a huge sigh. Eunmi, you need to get out so you cool off your head.

 

I got up, changed into pants and shirt, grabbed a jacket, and head off to buy myself an ice cream before I start with the countless hours I’m going to spend locked inside my room. I told my mom that I would just head out and be back soon.

Inhaling the fresh air outside, I strolled off to my destination. I decided not to take any sort of transportation since the shop’s just a few blocks away. I smiled to myself, feeling myself relax at the moment. I’ve always been a lover of solitude and solitary moments though I love being alone, I hate being lonely and that’s why I keep myself busy whenever I am alone. I think about the past few days and suddenly felt thankful of the countless works to be done since it makes me forget the things I dread the most and what makes me weak. It makes me forget to worry about the incoming school days for me. It makes me forget that I still have weeks to be toyed by cruel people in this world.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter