THIRTY FOUR

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My heart started to beat fast as I stared at the man in front of me. I felt longing and despair at the same time. As much as I wanted to be with Sehun, we’re just two different people brought together by this twisted fate. Or his twisted friends. Sehun looked at me the same way as I was looking at him but I could feel that his longing for me was much stronger.

 

“Did you expel her?” Sehun started as his eyes darted to Principal Shin.

“Mr. Oh, this is none of your busine-“ “Did you?” Sehun cut him off, slightly raising his voice.

I furrowed my brows. “Sehun, stop. Don’t make things any worse.”

“I already did and I’m gonna try to fix this.” He said softly. My heart fluttered.

I looked at Principal Shin and sighed. Principal Shin pursed his lips before he turned to Sehun. “Mr. Oh, Ms. Choi and I have already come to an agreement that she will no longer be present in any of her classes but will still continue her education in secret.” Sehun’s forehead squinted. “Why should she be punished when it was entirely Krystal’s fault?”

“Mr. Oh, it was her parents’ desire. Please understand that I can’t do anything about it.” Principal Shin answered. All of a sudden, I felt bad. Principal Shin was scared. He has a family and losing this job will cost him a lot. Just like me, he has no other option. Sehun scoffed at his remarks. “Do you know who her parents work for? My father! I own them-“ “Sehun, stop!” I finally had the courage to in. Principal Shin was just looking at Sehun, at loss for words.

“This is our agreement. I agreed to this. It was my choice too.” Sehun stared at me blankly before he turned to Principal Shin. “Spare her, expel me.”

“Sehun!”

“Mr. Oh, you know I can’t do that.”

“Oh, yeah? Well do you want me to cause more trouble for you to expel me? I smoked pot in this school. Eunmi has evidence. I can bring it to you. That would be a good enough reason for you to expel me.”

“Sehun!” I blurted. Principal Shin sighed. “I’m sorry, Mr. Oh, but Ms. Choi and I think that this is for the best.” Sehun stayed still, his hand forming into a fist. I turned to Principal Shin before I bowed and bid my goodbye. Sehun followed as he tried so hard to grab my arm.

“Why would you agree to this?” He questioned desperately.

“Look, I don’t wanna risk my education. It’s just a few weeks left.” I answered as I walked fast.

“Don’t you see how unfair it is?”
“Well, life has always been unfair to me so what’s so different now?” I blurted sarcastically. Sehun finally managed to grab my arm making me stop on my tracks. I looked at him and tried so hard to fight back the tears that I could feel in my eyes. “Eunmi, please..” I looked at him in the eye and only then did I notice the bags under his eyes and the wrinkles forming on his flawless face. Oh, my damaged man, why should things be this way?

“Please, Sehun.. Just.. let it go. Let me go.” I answered sternly.

“But I love you, Eunmi. I can’t forgive myself knowing I did this to you.” He pleaded. My heart sank. I know I should push him away but damn it, as much as I hate to admit it, I’m in love with this man. Without giving a thought on our surroundings, I pulled Sehun close to me and let myself in his arms. I rested my head on his chest as I hear the beating of his heart. I inhaled his scent, remembering every single beautiful moment I’ve had with him because I know that once I leave, I would be leaving my heart with him as well. I didn’t know I could love someone so much and I didn’t know that out of all people, it would be this man. I felt Sehun’s arms wrapping around me as his lips rested on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter