TWENTY EIGHT

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It has been days since I decided that I’d give Sehun a chance and somehow, I felt no disappointment. I told him to keep everything a secret because I’m not ready yet for a new scandal and Krystal’s gang flocking around me, ready to kill me with their claws. Sehun insisted he’ll protect me but I know Krystal and she won’t let it off the hook that easily. I also cannot believe I agreed to this despite everything I’ve been through and I’ve put up with. I guess that’s just how it works when you truly like someone.

 

When Sehun took me home by 4:30 in the morning, he kissed my cheek goodbye and sped off as if nothing happened. Meanwhile, I was hyperventilating over the simple gesture. I never felt something like that before, not even with Lu Han, something that would send me over the edge with just a simple kiss. Lu Han had never made me feel like what Sehun’s making me feel and somehow it’s scaring me that I’m letting Sehun do what he can do to me. Who knows that in just a matter of moment, he could use what he did against me and he could completely destroy me.

 

Sehun acted like he is during school but would grasp my hand from time to time when no one’s looking. I haven’t completely told Jijae about it but she could sense since she would throw me questions every now and then. Krystal did the usual even though Sehun already ended it with her, still, she clung onto him like the brat she is and it annoyed me. I can’t believe I’m being jealous with that little and I hated it. I hated how things that involved Sehun affected me. I sighed for the umpteenth time before I grabbed my bottle of Gatorade and chugged it in. I was in the cafeteria with Jijae when laughter spread around the place and the kings and the queens of the school entered. I glanced sneakily and caught Sehun laughing at something Kai said before he darted his eyes at me and gave me a meaningful smile. Krystal noticed this and suddenly pulled him in which he dodged off.

 

I averted my eyes away from them, grimacing and turned to my drink when I heard a snicker beside me. “Krystal’s stealing your boyfriend,” Jijae remarked and I widened my eyes.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” I defended.

“Whatever, go ahead and keep secrets from me.” She teased and I frowned.

“I’m not, okay? I’ll explain everything.” Jijae laughed at my guilt as she ruffled my hair. “Chill, I understand.” She said, winking. I smiled and was about to get up when Taeyong, my English seatmate and partner, approached me all of a sudden.

“Hey, partner,” He greeted shyly and I smiled.

“What’s up?”

“Well, I was wondering when are we going to start with our novel analysis.”

“Oh, that, well, you can come by my house later or tomorrow and we could do it.” I smiled at him as he nodded. “I’ll just give you my address later in class.” I added.

“Thanks, Eunmi. See you.” He said before he bid goodbye politely. Taeyong, to be honest, could pass as a hot guy but the only scratch is that he’s too nerdy. Not that he wears glasses and jumpers but he’s into his study and doesn’t even spare a time with the stares he gets from girls. Seeing him from afar, he waved goodbye and I only smiled before my gaze traveled to Sehun and his gang’s table. Sehun has a visible frown on his face as he crossed his arms while looking at me. He muttered something I couldn’t comprehend because Krystal had already pulled him for a flirty kiss without caring if staffs would see it. Pissed off as I am, I stood up abruptly, leaving Jijae with her books and made my way to the restroom.

As I exit the cafeteria, Taeyong suddenly popped out of nowhere and was now face to face with me. “Hey, Eunmi, um, I was wondering if…” He trailed off while rubbing the back part of his neck. “If we could, um, grab something to eat after doing the project?” I smiled, completely forgetting about Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter