THIRTY ONE

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun and I decided to keep it low-key for the next days and remain invisible to each other. I have no idea why the heck am I doing this and why I’m doing this for him. Why am I risking my peaceful life just to be with him? This feeling is crazy and I want and hate it at the same time. There would be times when Sehun would sneak glances at me from time to time at school whilst I do my best to avoid him and any sort of issue. Avoiding him was killing me because this strange feeling of missing him is kind of scary.

 

Saturday came vastly which means I would meet up with Lu Han to end it all with him. I don’t want to give him false hope and to make him believe that we would still have a chance to be together. I know what I want and I’m not going to keep on pretending even if it would hurt him. Friday night, he called me to ask about my day and to inform me that he’s back in town once again and that’s when I popped the question – I asked him to meet up with me and end it once and for all.

 

I waited at the coffee shop we used to hang out at since it was his request and the nice person as I am I fulfilled his wish. Still, I’m not planning on telling him all about Sehun and I since as I’ve said, we both are keeping it low-key. Sehun didn’t know about me meeting Lu Han and I do not plan on telling him about it as much as I’m not planning to tell Lu Han about him. He called this morning to converse as I tried my best not to sound guilty for keeping the meet-up as a secret.

 

My head raised a little when the person I was expecting finally entered the coffee shop’s door. He smiled at me as I stood up and smiled back but I was soon surprised and startled when he placed a soft kiss upon my cheek. I let out a dry cough and sat down, not wanting to meet his gaze. He sat down after me before ordering coffee.

 

“So, what’s this about? D’you miss me?” He teased sweetly after the waitress had left as I bit my lip. I guess this is now or never. Oh, Lu Han, please don’t hate me.

“Actually, no, I’m here to formally end things between us.” I let out as I finally meet his gaze. Lu Han’s mouth gaped slightly at my sudden words.

“Lu Han,” I started, reaching out for his hand and gripping it with both my hands.

“I can’t do this to you anymore. I don’t want you to hope for an ‘us’ any longer, I’m sorry.” I saw hurt flashing across Lu Han’s face and I couldn’t help but to feel guilty especially when he composed himself and brought back his smile.

“Lu Han, please.. You can get angry with me if you want.” I told him and he only shook his head before finally letting go of my hand. It hurts more to see him smiling as if it didn’t pain him.

“I understand, Eunmi. I’m the persistent one. It’s not your fault. I’m sorry for being too hopeful,” He said, letting out a dry laugh and I bit my lip, feeling guiltier.

“Han, don’t say sorry. I should be the one-“

“Hey, it’s okay.” Lu Han assured, chuckling. He was now smiling but the smile didn’t reach his eyes. I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Can I request for one more thing before we officially end this? I mean, yeah, there’s nothing to end but after my request, I promise not to bother you anymore.”

I opened my eyes to see sincere-looking doe eyes staring at me. I nodded slowly so I could make it up to him. “Anything you want.” I immediately said and he let out a low chuckle. He paused before inhaling deeply.

“I’m having a party this coming Saturday. I want you to be there and spend time with me.,” He requested and I stopped. That would mean I would have to face those beasts again.

“W-would the bit- I mean Krystal and her friends be there?” Lu Han shook his head and I let out a sigh of relief. “Why?” He questioned r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter