FIVE

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the melodramatic confrontation with a stoned Sehun, I haven’t seen him and his friends later that day. Maybe they were so high they went home or maybe they’re afraid someone would notice what they’ve done. For the rest of the day, I was at peace. I was smiling and no one was bothering me. That went on throughout the day although there were times the es would call me names and some even reminded me of that bloody incident but I didn’t consider it since the guys were gone and those es didn’t probably get the memo that they shouldn’t mess with me. I felt like a winner and I was grinning idiotically as I rode the bus home. Good thing was that it was Friday and I wouldn’t have to deal with any of them for the next two days. On the other hand, I felt nervous because, well, it’ll be a few more days ‘til the night hang-out emphasizing ‘like the old times’.

 

So for the whole weekend, while everyone’s getting high and partying ‘til dawn, I was at home, scrolling through Netflix, and munching on fast food deliveries. While at it, I was thinking of ways to avoid that Friday night and when I ran out of stupid ideas, I figured that maybe I could just tell Lu Han that something important came up or that there was an emergency I badly need to attend to. After all, we already ended our relationship so maybe that could be an excuse to not bring back the old times. Hm. Too cliché though.

 

Before I know it, it was already Sunday night and my happy days which means staying in bed all day and Sehun-free times are over. I was half-scared that tomorrow, Sehun would not keep his deal since, duh, he was ed-up high when he agreed. I sighed before deciding to set it all aside and start my homework when there was a knock on my door.

 

“Eunmi, dear, dinner’s ready!” My mom called out. I slumped my head on the pillow. I felt so full already with all the junk foods I’ve been eating.

 

“Get out here and eat something proper. I won’t be surprised if you already look like a caveman,” My mom added. I grunted and dragged my feet to the door. I opened it and gave out my best smile to my now suspicious mom who was crossing her arms.

 

“Stop faking a smile. What have you been up to?” She asked. My relationship with my parents have been pretty open since they don’t act too parent-y. We’re too open that sometimes the stories they share are, kind of, embarrassing.

“Nothing. Just pretty fed up with all of these school stuff,” I answered lazily.

“Oh, honey, that is why you need to be healthy. Always remember to take care of yourself, okay?” My mom assured as she led me to the dinner table where my dad and my younger brother was sitting.

“Hey, buttercup. How’s school going?” My dad asked as he prepared the plates. “Terrible,” I answered shortly as I slumped down the chair. “I can see that and why is that so?” He asked.

“Honey, Eunmi here is pretty fed up with school so stop asking many questions.” Mom responded for me.
“But I only asked two and I want to know what’s going on with her,” Dad then turned to me and sat down across me. “Coffee or tea?” He asked. I smiled.

“Water please,” I replied. See, this coffee or tea has a different meaning to us. If my mom or dad noticed something odd about me and my brother, they would ask coffee or tea w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter