TWENTY TWO

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the furious ride, we’ve finally reached our destination. My palms sweat at the sight of people everywhere and I felt scared again. I felt nauseous and suddenly, I wanted to run away and never come back. What if something nightmare-ish happens again tonight? What if they all corner me together with the es? I shouldn’t have come here. This was a mistake.

 

Sehun might have noticed my uneasiness so he cleared his throat.

“It’s just us. Krystal and her friends are not there,”

 

Somehow, with Sehun declaring the absence of Krystal, I felt a sense or relief washing over me but it didn’t took away my fear though it lessen it. I nodded as an answer and I waited for Sehun to get out of the car before I did. Smiling doe-eyes welcomed me at the opened gate. He spread his arms wide and I only walked towards him before I was pulled in his embrace. I could feel him smiling at the crook of my neck while he gripped my body with his warm built.

“I’ve missed you,” He cooed and I forced a smile. Suddenly, I remembered Sehun’s presence and gently, I pulled away from Lu Han. Lu Han didn’t seem to mind as he placed a quick kiss on my cheek, alarming me.

“Lu Han,” I whined quietly and he only chuckled at me. I let out a sigh before I glanced at Sehun who was leaning on his car just a few feet away. His face was unreadable as he watched us.

“Sehun, thanks for taking her.”  Lu Han turned to Sehun and Sehun nodded at his way. Lu Han then pulled me inside giving me no time to signal a small thank you to Sehun.

“Why didn’t you just pick me up?” I asked not for the sole purpose of becoming a clingy lover but because of all people, it could’ve been Sehun who would replace him. “Why? You missed me too much?” Lu Han teased and I scowled.

“Suho asked me to help him prepare the boozes for the party. I’m sorry,” I nodded understandingly and Lu Han smiled. “You want a drink?”

Because of everything that’s been happening, I found myself nodding abruptly to him. I wanted to drink all of a sudden. I wanted to get away and just let the alcohol make me forget about my problems and confusion about Sehun. I then remembered what Lu Han did to me in front of him. I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the way he acted as if he was my boyfriend in front of Sehun. Now, Sehun had found another reason to destroy me. He will and I know it and he would blame it all on me once again.

 

I was in the humungous kitchen again chugging the drink down my throat. Lu Han tried to calm me but I explained that I can handle myself well and it was just something I wanted to do since hell week’s finished.

“Are you sure you’re used to this?” He asked worriedly.

“I have high alcohol tolerance,” I told him and he nodded hesitantly. Truth is, I don’t. I just felt like doing this because I hated what’s happening. I hated the way Lu Han was being sweet and it was suffocating me knowing I’d pay the consequences later. I have to forget all of it. Just for tonight and let the consequences come tomorrow.

Lu Han left me once again to get some more boozes outside and just told me to stay at the bar counter place nearby the kitchen place and I did what I was told. I waited patiently for Lu Han as I gulped the remaining liquid in my drink when someone suddenly snatched the drink off my hand.

“Hey!” I protested and turned to who was killing my joy.

“You’re not used to drinking. You should stop. Where’s Lu Han hyung?” Sehun’s voice commanded scarily but I don’t want to take time to loathe him at the moment. I wanted to take time to forget.

“I don’t know where the heck he is. Give me my drink!” I whined and Sehun scowled at my attempt of getting my glass.

“Did you two fight?” He asked in a monotonous voice as I stifle a laugh.

“No. What are we, a couple?” I added sarcastically and successfully managed to get my drink back. “Then why are you drinking so much?”

I casted him a look and let out a low chuckle, if only he knew that he’s the reason why I look like a desperate mess right now.

“None of your business, pal.” Sehun didn’t seem to like the way I’ve spoken to him so he snatched my drink once again making me glare at him.

“What is your problem?” I hissed. Sehun opened his mouth to say something when an arm surrounded his shoulder. “Hey, Sehunnie. What’s the trouble?”

Great, now this copper-skinned guy just appeared. What a double trouble.

Jongin turned to me and winked. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to Sehun.

“Just give me my drink back, Sehun.” Sehun kept his composure before he said a loud ‘NO’ and abruptly, I stood up to get my own.

“Hey, where are you going?” Jongin intervened the tension building up.

“Well, since your friend here doesn’t want to give me my drink back, I’ll just get my own.”

“Inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter