Chapter 29

Take My Hand

He had been waiting weeks for anything from Hak-yeon, knowing the other was avoiding him because he thought he was in danger. It was a strange feeling; Taek-woon had spent so many years protecting Hak-yeon and Hong-bin, keeping them safe and comfortable, not letting even the smallest thing bother them. While he wouldn't deny that Hak-yeon turning around and protecting him made him incredibly happy and warm, he would trade it in a heartbeat if it meant Hak-yeon would stay with him. He missed him so much. 

But Hak-yeon had asked him to wait, had promised that he would come back, and Taek-woon would wait forever.    

Taek-woon's hands shook as he shoved them in his pant pockets, his body trembling despite how warm it was outside. He knew Hak-yeon had asked him to stay away, and would be upset if Taek-woon came by again. He never wanted to be the one to make him upset, had centered his life around making him and Hong-bin happy and safe, but he felt this was something he couldn't hide away. Hak-yeon had told him that someone was hurting the dolls, had suspected it was Saet-byul despite neither of them thinking it true-- he couldn't hide the fact that Jae-hwan had gone missing after visiting her.   

That and...Taek-woon's chest tightened and stomach twisted at the incredibly selfish thought that flooded his mind...Hak-yeon might come back home if he told.   

The sight of the antique shop came into view, but all Taek-woon could think about was Hak-yeon and Hong-bin inside. Hak-yeon...Hak-yeon wouldn't be too angry with him for coming back, knew that even if he seemed angry at first for not listening to him, would be just as happy to see him. He repeated that in his head as he brought up a hand to knock-- he paused.  

No…

He couldn't...he couldn't bother Hak-yeon. Hak-yeon had asked him to stay away, had trusted him to listen and promised to come back when everything was resolved. There was a reason he asked him to leave, why he felt it necessary that he leave him alone. Taek-woon...if he went back before he was ready, before he was finished, Hak-yeon would be upset. And...he might not come back. He swallowed. Taek-woon had to be quiet and obedient, that was the way for him to come back; he had to be strong and confident to protect and care for them...but he also had to be obedient in order for them to return.  

A small part of him tried to reason that Hak-yeon was different, wouldn't leave him forever because of something so trivial, but a much larger part of him was terrified. Taek-woon couldn't be alone again, needed Hak-yeon.

Needed them both.  

He couldn't risk it, couldn't risk doing anything that would keep him away. 

He turned around and hurried away before anyone had a chance to see him, his hands shaking and his teeth biting down hard into his lip. He thought of the things Sang-hyuk had told him-- that Saet-byul had stopped contact with anyone, that Jae-hwan went to check on her and seemed to disappear right after. He knew he should tell Hak-yeon, but...he ran a hand through his hair at the equally selfish thought that he couldn't risk the chance Hak-yeon would refuse to come home for not listening to him. He was gone for so long, almost a month now with absolutely no contact-- he didn't, couldn't chance it. 

That and...Hak-yeon had too much right now, had to deal with so much because of Saet-byul. He was always like that, even before everything happened, would always look out and take care of others before himself. So he wouldn't burden him, would keep to what Hak-yeon wanted, would stay away...and he would see Saet-byul himself. He didn't have anything to do with the dolls, he could probably talk more sense into her than the others.   

He stopped by his apartment to grab a few things first, his phone tucked in his pocket and his bag slung over his shoulder. He was about to head out when there was a knock on his door, and while his initial reaction was to excitedly think it Hak-yeon coming back home, he quickly remembered what had happened only a little while ago and steadied himself.   

He couldn't hide his disappointment when he found it only to be his mother, her bright smile fading almost instantly at the sight of his appearance; something he knew probably looked awful at this point. She threw her bag to the ground as she jumped on him, her hands running over his face and chest as if trying to find what was bothering him.    

She would never know, would never understand.  

She never would understand just how much Taek-woon wanted Hak-yeon to come home.   

"Taek-woon ah, what's going on? I got a call from the landlord saying you haven't been paying rent, and I was so worried that I came all the way here, but looking at you-- what happened baby? Did something happen?" She reached out to touch his face but he pulled back, turning away as he tried to walk around her, having no time or patience to talk. His mother's lips turned down into a tight frown as she grabbed his arm and pulled him back, shutting the door behind her.   

"Taek-woon, please don't run away. Something's bothering you, I am your mother. I can tell." She led him over to the couch, forcing him to sit down, and even though Taek-woon wanted to leave, wanted to go out and do whatever it took to bring Hak-yeon home, he couldn't fight his mother. Despite how sweet she acted and soft she spoke, he was never able to disobey her. He was too afraid to.   

When she saw him comply, she sat down next to him, running a soothing hand down his back as she leaned forward to try and get a look at his face. "Did something happen?" She tried to brush his cheek but he pulled away. "Did-" Her eyes widened as she quickly looked around the room. "Did something happen to Hak-yeon or Hong-bin?"   

He stiffened at the mention of their names, swallowing heavily as he controlled his reaction, his hands pressing sweatily against his knees. "N-no."   

Her lips pressed together, not believing him for a second, as she got up and headed into the kitchen. Understanding was clear in her voice. "You look like you haven't eaten in days. Let your mother cook you a nice meal." He didn't say anything as he watched her look through the fridge, her forced smile thinning when she saw the expiration dates on the food. He hadn't shopped for groceries in a long time, was surviving on rice and instant noodles. She continued, her voice still cheerful. "Why don't you go bring Hak-yeon and Binnie out? I'm sure they'd like to have a good meal too."   

He could feel his composure breaking, his lip trembling as he fought to keep a calm façade. After he forced her to leave, he was going to go confront Saet-byul. He was going to fix this, bring them back. They were going to come back. He struggled to keep his voice steady, didn't want to give anything away. "I-I...they...they can't-"   

"You don't have to get them right away, I'm sure my surprise visit scared them." She eventually found some unspoiled meat in the freezer and went to run it under warm water. "Just tell them I'm here. They'll come out eventually." He thought of Hak-yeon and Hong-bin back at the store, the feeling of Hak-yeon’s hand on his cheek as he pleaded him to go home. He thought of the empty room in his apartment, empty because they left him alone to keep him safe. Everything was for him, and he was going to give back by helping, bringing them home-- but...but...  

"They're...they're not here..."    

His mother froze, the sound of the water splashing uselessly over the meat extremely loud in the following silence. She turned to stare at him, eyes wide in shock and confusion, and he couldn't hold up his façade any longer, burying his head in his hands and letting the anguish that he had been holding in for so long finally out. He felt hands wrap around him, a voice shushing and comforting him, but it wasn't Hak-yeon, wasn't Hak-yeon's voice reassuring him. It was the voice he tried his hardest to ignore, to push away.    

I can't take him, you know that. I just got promoted at the office, I'm going to be so busy. I won't have time to look after a child.    

"Shh, it's alright Taek-woonie, Mommy is here." She started running her hand through his hair in the way Hak-yeon always did, and he pathetically leaned into the touch. It was okay if he pretended it was Hak-yeon. She kissed his head, something Hak-yeon also always did, and he shuddered. "What do you mean? Hak-yeon, where could he have gone? You know how he is-"   

"Something happened...they went to stay with a friend. He said...said it was safer for me."   

I don't want him either, you know you were the one that wanted a child. I never wanted him.   

She started to rock him, one arm reaching to wrap around his broad shoulders and the other cupping his ear, and that was too much for him. He didn't want her, she didn't deserve to do this, and tried to push her away. She grumbled as her grip turned hard, her fingers pressing into his side to keep him still. "Taek-woon, how long has this been going on? Hak-yeon, you know he wasn't going to stay forever, he was getting better. It was only a matter of time before he wanted to move out."   

"No!" he cried, gaining enough strength to push her off of him. She looked exasperated, but he didn't care. "Hak-yeon would never leave me. Not like you did."    

Don't say things like that! He's still your son. And it would only be temporary. You would have him for a couple months, then I'd have him for a couple.    

Do you know how much work it will be to take care of a child alone? What will the neighbors say? Co-workers?    

They don't have to know. Taek-woon's a quiet kid, he can just stay in his room if anyone comes over. He won't cause trouble.   

The guilt that crossed his mother's face only fueled his anger; he stalked off, going to the kitchen and taking the meat and throwing it back in the freezer. He gasped as he leaned against the fridge, his fingers shaking as he tried his best to hold himself up. How dare she...how dare she assume anything about Hak-yeon, as if she knew anything about him? Hak-yeon was nothing like her, was nothing like either of his parents, should never be included in the same sentence as them. "Taek-woon ah, I didn't mean it like that! Hak-yeon would never leave you, he really loves you and would definitely come back. You don't have to worry about him throwing you away-"   

"Hak-yeon would never do that," Taek-woon spat, whirling around to glare at her, his chest heaving as he tried his hardest to control himself. He rarely lost control, always bottled up his feelings so he could be a consistent and dependable anchor for Hak-yeon and Hong-bin. He had centered everything in his life to protecting and caring for them, did everything and anything for them. He controlled everything, hid everything-- but now that his reason for living had disappeared, that perfect control was collapsing.    

And she was only making it worse.   

So much worse.    

"Hak-yeon is nothing like either of you. Don't you ever compare him to either of you." His mother jumped up, running over to try and hold his hands. He slapped her away, moving back to the main room in an attempt to run away, to get her to leave him alone. But his mother seemed determined today to keep his attention, to try and comfort him. He didn't want it, didn't want anything from her.    

What do you mean you won't sign the papers? I can just send Taek-woon to my sister for the time being. Don't use Taek-woon as an excuse for not signing.    

You think just sending him away will solve the problem? Just send him to a damn orphanage. It'll be better than fighting on who'll take him.    

I will not send my son to an orphanage! I just can't take care of him right now. I'll come back for him when I've settled-   

And you think after living that way, you'll want to take back the burden of caring for a child? I already told you, I don't want him. If you don't want him, then send him away.   

"I was wrong, Taek-woon, I know this," she cried as she tugged pitifully on his arm. "But I have always loved you, we both have. You're my baby, I love you-"   

"You don't love me!" He pulled away, nearly begging her to not touch him again. She hesitated from grabbing him again, in the end dropping her hands onto her dress agitatedly. "You didn't want me then, but pretended you still loved me. You both pretended, even when I listened every night at how neither of you wanted me. How can I believe you now? Believe you at all?"   

My sister said she'll care for him. He can stay there, and we can visit for now.    

You're already taking half my money and inheritance, you might as well take him with you.   

He isn't a thing! He is your son!  

Taek-woon pressed his hands over his ears as tears ran down his cheeks, his parents’ words echoing painfully in his head. Every night, he sat outside his parents’ room as he listened to them fight, fighting to see who wanted him. Neither did, wanted to get rid of a burden that would only hang over them after they divorced. He was unwanted, unloved.   

His mother screamed something terrible to his father before stepping out, stopping short at the sight of him sitting by the door, tearfully covering his ears and staring right back at her. "T-Taek-woon..."  

"What is it?" his father asked irritably, following her and also freezing upon seeing him. He coughed uncomfortably. "How long have you been sitting there?" He didn't answer, knowing they would be angry to know he had listened every night.

His mother knelt next to him and he hurriedly scrambled away, afraid of even a touch from her. This wasn't his mother-- mothers were supposed to love their children and be by their side forever. She was supposed to love him. They were both supposed to love him. But they were lying.   

"I did want you! Taek-woon, you know I had been working so hard for that promotion, I couldn't deal with both you and the divorce-"  

"Taek-woon, I...it isn't what you're thinking, I promise. Mommy...Mommy loves you. I'm just really busy, and right now isn't a good time-"  

"I'm quiet..." he mumbled back, startling them both, "I'm quiet and I'll stay in my room. I'll do good in school. I won't ask for anything. But..." She tried to give him a hug but he ran away, pressing himself against the wall. "Please don't throw me away."   

"No you didn't! You never wanted me! You were going to give me away and never come back!"   

Her face paled, panicking as she grabbed a hold of him desperately. He was so agitated, so confused, he couldn't even push her away anymore. His cries were just loud gasps, his throat feeling as if it had collapsed and he had to take huge breaths to try and breathe. It was painful and he just wanted everything to stop. To curl up in a ball and never move again.   

"I was just upset at the time; I would definitely have come back. Taek-woon ah, you're my son and I love you. I have always loved you. We stayed together for you, we couldn't part knowing what it would do to you. Please, baby, please stop this!"  

"I...no...I would rather wait for Hak-yeon forever than believe you."  

She was crying now too, holding his face in her hands as she reached up to kiss his cheeks. "My Taek-woon ah, I know I have done so much wrong to you, and I am so, so sorry. But please believe me, I love you so much. I love you the most in this entire world, and I will do anything for you." He weakly tried to push her away again, didn't want to believe her, but she held him fast. "I know you hate me, hate both of us, and you have every right. It killed me when you suddenly quit soccer and locked yourself in your room, only studying. What I had turned you into was a worse punishment than anything in the world."  

"Please stop..." he begged, shaking. "I can't...I can't right now..."  

"And I know," she continued, her voice cracking as tears clouded her eyes, "that you love Hak-yeon more than you will ever love me." Her hands trailed down until they held his own. "But please know that no matter what, you are my baby and I love you." He didn't say anything, struggling to find words, when there was a knock on the door. Immediately she pulled her hands away, caressing his cheek gently before going to answer. He didn't move, his body numb and his mind blank, until he heard his mother's surprised cry.  

"H-Hak-yeon?" His head snapped up to indeed see Hak-yeon standing at the door, Hong-bin right behind him. Hak-yeon looked so good, his skin shining, and just looked so healthy. Hong-bin cried out his name, shoving past his mother and launching on him in a tight hug.  

"Bin missed Taek-woon hyung!" he cried happily, his voice so light and bubbly, and he couldn't remember a time here where Hong-bin sounded so happy. The bright smile on his face vanished the moment he looked up, standing straight up. "Taek-woon hyung, are you crying?"  

"What?" Hak-yeon demanded, roughly shoving his mother aside and coming right up to him, pausing at the sight of what probably looked like a complete mess. He quickly tried to wipe the tears away, didn't want Hak-yeon to see him like this when he was supposed to be strong. Hak-yeon didn't say anything, just gently nudging Hong-bin aside and pulling Taek-woon into a crushing hug. The feeling of Hak-yeon's hands patting his back, his warm, reassuring presence so close, he couldn't help but pathetically bury his face in the other's shoulder, crying. He held onto him just as tightly, afraid that he would disappear again.  

"I'm here Taek-woonie," he cooed, his one hand moving to cup the back of his head. "I told you I would be back. I've come back."   

"Hak-yeon...Hak-yeon ah..." he whispered, breathing in Hak-yeon's scent. Hak-yeon had truly come back. He always believed him, had known he wasn't like the others. Wasn't like his parents. Hak-yeon was Hak-yeon.  

Hak-yeon waited until Taek-woon's cries had softened to whimpers, tenderly and hesitantly pulling away so he could look him in the eye. Taek-woon looked guiltily at the wet spot on his shoulder, though that seemed to be the least of the other's concern. "Taek-woonie, what happened? My Taek-woonie, who made you cry?"   

"Hak-yeon-" his mother started, though both she and Taek-woon were shocked at the absolutely vicious glare the other shot at her, his hands shooting out to protectively block Taek-woon away from her.   

"What did you do to him?" he snarled. "If you hurt him, I'll-"  

"Hak-yeon," Taek-woon whispered, tugging on his arm. "It's alright. I'm...I'm alright." Hak-yeon hesitated, looking torn between listening to him and tearing his mother apart. In the end, he took a deep breath before looking levelly at her, voice hard.   

"Please leave." She immediately looked to Taek-woon for help, both shocked and confused at how much Hak-yeon was speaking. Taek-woon refused to look or help, both physically and mentally drained, and she bit her lip before resolutely heading to the door to pick up her long-discarded bag.   

"I'll come back another time Taek-woon ah. Please remember what I said. I love you." She sent him one last smile before walking out and closing the door behind her; at that moment he felt his knees give out from under him. Hak-yeon cried out as he quickly caught him, eyes filled with worry as he and Hong-bin helped him to the couch. Hak-yeon sat right by him, his warm hands refusing to let go, and he never felt so happy and comforted than at that moment. The Hak-yeon looking at him now was the one from so many years ago, the Hak-yeon he had known and missed. 

--

"My sweet Taek-woonie, my Taek-woonie, I'm here. I'm here." Hak-yeon continuously repeated, a soothing hand rubbing circles into the back of Taek-woon's hands, smiling gently. Taek-woon sniffled, his eyes red and puffy, his small lips pursed together in a small pout, and Hak-yeon thought he was the most adorable thing. The other only nodded along with Hak-yeon's words, still crying softly. He could feel Hong-bin shift next to him, his whole body shivering in worry, but Hak-yeon couldn't focus on that. Not when his Taek-woonie was crying.  

"Taek-woonie-" 

"Y-you...are you staying?" Taek-woon's soft voice was even softer, barely audible, yet Hak-yeon heard every word clearly. He hesitated, his thumbs pausing mid-circle, before giving a small nod. Taek-woon noticed the pause, his hands quickly moving and grabbing Hak-yeon's. "You won't leave again, will you? You came back, right?"  

"My Taek-woonie," he said, forcing on a wide smile as he cupped the other's full cheeks in his hands, his thumbs brushing away his tears, "I won't leave you. Hong-binnie and I came home." Taek-woon didn't move for the longest time, his eyes narrowed as if in deep thought, before a small smile slowly grew on his lips.  

"Really...?"  

He nodded, still smiling. "Really. I'm sorry that I was gone for so long." Hong-bin nearly jumped on him from behind, and Hak-yeon let out a surprised laugh. "Though I think Binnie here is more excited than I am. He's been waiting to come home." He shifted back a little so Hong-bin could finally get the hug he wanted, the younger boy settling himself in Taek-woon's lap. Taek-woon hurriedly wiped his face and laughed breathlessly, arms awkwardly wrapped around Hong-bin's waist.  

"Taek-woon hyung, Taek-woon hyung," Hong-bin blurted out, bouncing excitedly, "we'll bathe later, right? And you'll help me dress for bed, right? I want to eat with hyung and have hyung color my hair again. You can do that, right hyung?" Taek-woon looked helplessly at Hak-yeon, thrown off by Hong-bin's bright and excited attitude, and seeing that confusion made Hak-yeon smile happily. Hong-bin didn't seem deterred by Taek-woon's lack of response, tugging on the other's hand. "Bath, bath. Let's take a bath hyung." 

"W-wait," Taek-woon mumbled out, blinking in surprise when Hong-bin started to pout, "it's too early to take a bath. Are you hungry?" 

"I-" Hak-yeon started.  

"Ah, I...I haven't bought any groceries recently. Here, wait here, I can go out and buy something really quick and make it for you."  

"Wait, Taek-woon-" 

"I won't be long," he reassured, pushing a pouting Hong-bin off his lap and moving to get up. Hak-yeon quickly grabbed his wrist to stop him, guiltily biting his lip at the quizzical look the other sent. "Hak-yeon?" 

"Taek-woon hyung," Hong-bin tried again, tugging on Taek-woon's sleeve, "come-" 

"That's enough Hong-bin," Hak-yeon said gently, sighing at the sight of Hong-bin's defeated look and the narrowing, suspicious look of Taek-woon. He silently guided Taek-woon back to the couch, keeping his eyes down. He let out a steadying breath, bracing himself from what he knew was to come. "I...I'm heading out in a minute Taek-woonie...you don't have to cook for me."  

The reaction was immediate, Taek-woon ripping his hands out of Hak-yeon's. "What? You-- you just said you're staying. Where are you going?"  

Hak-yeon quickly took his hands again, smiling reassuringly. "Taek-woon, it's okay, I'm not leaving for good. I'm just going to see Saet-byul first. I don't want to believe it...but something is happening to my Byullie and I'm afraid she's going to end up hurting herself if I don't stop her." Hak-yeon watched as Taek-woon's expression shifted from worry, to panic, to fear; a flurry of emotions passed over his Taek-woonie's face before it all was hidden behind a controlled look of understanding, and Hak-yeon's stomach clenched. He had started noticing the little flickers of insecurity and fear that used to define his friend so thoroughly, and was now seeing how much Taek-woon had changed to take care of him and Hong-bin.  

He gently cupped Taek-woon's face in his hands, resting his forehead against the other's. "My sweet Taek-woonie..." 

He could hear Taek-woon swallow, feel his shaky, warm breath cascade over his eyes and nose. "You...you said she was hurting the dolls. Has...has she hurt anyone else?"   

How he wanted to hear Taek-woon's real thoughts, to see him lower his perfect walls and show him what he was truly feeling. 

Hak-yeon paused, remembering the complete disarray the antique shop was in, Joon-myeon's disappearance causing any order the older man had managed to keep disappear instantly. He had tried to keep order, to stop Jong-dae from lashing out in a crazed frenzy and to keep Kyung-soo from killing himself, to try and bring Chan-yeol out of his growing depression and trying to get Yixing to help in any way the hearing-impaired man could. He had managed for a little over a week, the disappearances stopping almost completely, until Jong-dae managed to grab hold of a knife to free them all from Saet-byul and the dolls. 

No one was hurt luckily, but it was enough to push Hak-yeon to go and confront Saet-byul on whatever she was doing.  

"She's...it's getting worse and I'm afraid she's going to destroy herself if I don't stop her." He didn't want to believe it, could remember the way her little face would light up when he would so much as hug her. He didn't want to believe that that little girl could be purposefully kidnapping and torturing anyone like they were saying. Not his Byullie. He didn't care if he thought that way because he was a 'special' doll or whatever, he would fix whatever this was with Saet-byul. "I wanted to talk with her, but I'm too afraid to bring Hong-bin with me. I know she doesn't like him, and I'm afraid if something goes wrong she might hurt him." 

"So...you're leaving him here?" Taek-woon asked, his eyes refusing to look up. 

"No," he said, smiling as he playfully bumped their noses together, Taek-woon's cheeks flushing, "I told you, I'm coming back. I thought he would be better here with you while I talk with her." He rubbed his thumbs over the other's cheeks, running down until they rested against the corner of his lips. Taek-woon's breath stopped, eyes finally looking up at him, and Hak-yeon smiled.  

"H-Hak-yeon-" 

"Be careful, and stay here until I come back, okay?" Taek-woon nodded, leaning desperately into his touch. Hak-yeon took that moment to look over his Taek-woonie, guilt coursing through him when he felt the other shaking under his fingers, dark circles under his eyes and his skin pale and wet with sweat. He did this, to his Taek-woonie, made him sick with worry and fear. "I will never leave you like that again," he whispered. 

"Hak-yeon-" 

"You've taken such wonderful care of me, was so strong for me." Taek-woon stopped breathing. "I am so very thankful for everything you've done for me." Taek-woon hesitantly looked up at him, eyes wide and childlike, and Hak-yeon was painfully reminded of that little boy who would write notes for him and hung on every word he said. "But now let me take care of you. Let me care for my Taek-woonie."  

"H-Hak-yeon," Taek-woon tried again, eyes wet and voice trembling. Hak-yeon could feel the anxiety and apprehension in the other's voice and, wanting nothing more than to soothe the other, placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Taek-woon tensed under his touch, his whole body shuddering, but before Hak-yeon had a chance to ask him what was wrong, Taek-woon suddenly grabbed his face and pressed his lips firmly against his.  

Hong-bin cried out confusedly and indignantly behind him, but Hak-yeon never heard it, eyes wide as he tried to process what was happening. Taek-woon’s lips were soft yet rough, his lower lip puffy from how much he bit it— but Hak-yeon couldn’t think past the fact that this was Taek-woon kissing him. Taek-woon seemed just as unsure, quickly pulling back and biting his lip again, his whole face red with embarrassment. “I-I,” he stuttered, his hands shaking terribly, “I-I’m sorry, I-I…I…”

“Taek-woon…”

“I’m sorry, I-”

“No, you didn’t-”

“What…how come Taek-woon hyung kissed your lips?” Hong-bin asked, tugging on Hak-yeon’s sleeve. “I don’t understand; how come Hak-yeon hyung never kisses Bin’s lips?”

“N-not now Binnie,” Hak-yeon stuttered out, eyes still locked on Taek-woon and how the other refused to look at him, hands pressed firmly against his legs. “Taek-woon, that-”

“Y-you should go check on Saet-byul now,” Taek-woon hissed, silent tears running down his cheeks. “I’ll watch Hong-bin.”

“Wait, Hak-yeon hyung, I don’t understand-”

“We’ll talk about this when I get back,” he said, reaching out and forcibly taking Taek-woon’s hand in his own, squeezing it gently. He reached over to try and wipe his tears, and even though the other flinched back initially, Hak-yeon dried his tears with his thumb. Taek-woon nodded his head, and Hak-yeon caressed his cheek one last time before getting up.

Hong-bin jumped and clung onto Hak-yeon’s hand the moment he stood up, eyes wide. “Hak-yeon hyung will come back, right?" Hong-bin asked, frowning. "Bin only promised if Hak-yeon hyung came back."

"Of course I'll come back. I could never leave my Hong-binnie or my Taek-woonie." He stole a glance at the immobile Taek-woon before smiling down sweetly at Hong-bin. “Be nice for Taek-woon, okay?” Hong-bin nodded, though his hand still held onto him firmly. “Binnie?”

“Kiss,” Hong-bin insisted, pointing at his lips excitedly, and it took Hak-yeon a second to realize what he wanted.

“Sorry Binnie,” he laughed, leaning down and kissing Hong-bin on the forehead, “kisses on the lips are only for Taek-woonie.” Taek-woon looked up at him in a mixture of shock and disbelief, though he didn’t give him a chance to respond as he hurriedly escaped before Hong-bin could fully understand what he said.


Hello!

I was going to keep this chapter until Vixx's comeback since it's super long and would have been perfect, but I've been having a pretty bad week and your guys' comments always make me so happy. So I'm treating you guys to a double update, the next chapter should be out sometime tomorrow!

And oh my goodness, this story has finally passed 100,000 words. I honestly can't believe this story actually hit that marker, and you should all commend yourselves for reading all of that haha. This story is hitting it's so there will maybe be about 10 more chapters left, so we'll see how long it gets.