Chapter 26

Take My Hand

"Jae-hwannie, Mommy wants you to wait here while Daddy and I talk with the nice lady here. Can you do that for Mommy?"

Little Jae-hwan nodded determinedly as he gave his mother the brightest smile he could, focusing and engraving the grateful smile his mother gave in return to his memory. His parents were so rarely home, the nice neighbor lady watching over him when they were gone. He had been so excited that his parents came home, and his mother even offered that they all go out and have a family day. He had spent the night before creating a list of all the things he wanted to do with them: the amusement park, eat ice-cream, watch a movie, go to the arcade, to have them both cuddle with him in bed with him in the middle.

He actually would have been happy with just the cuddling.

He just loved his parents' attention.

He blinked his eyes open, his head throbbing and his whole body heavy, and he was vaguely aware of the sound of crying. For some reason, he wasn't able to move, his fingers refusing to even curl, the only thing able to move being his eyes. He looked around for the crying to finally see Saet-byul at the corner of his vision. He squinted, trying to turn his head to say something to her when he found his voice lost, and he began to panic when he realized he really wasn't able to move.

She eventually looked up at him, her whole face red and puffy, tears and snot running down her face. "I'm so sorry," she cried, rubbing uselessly at her eyes. "I'm so, so sorry. I-I didn't mean to. But I got so s-scared..." She reached over and caressed his cheeks, and his eyes widened when he saw blood on her hands when she pulled away.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, and he felt himself fall back into unconsciousness, the sounds of Saet-byul apologizing fading away with him.

"I told you Jae-hwan, they're not coming back. They already filled out the paperwork, you belong here now."

He didn't want to listen to him, shifting the small backpack filled with toys he had prepared for their family day on his shoulders. He didn't want to believe that his parents had really abandoned him at the orphanage, refused even when the headmaster showed him their signatures. That was something that only happened in movies he watched with the nice neighbor lady. His parents weren't that bad, they were always so sweet and loving when they did come home. They wouldn't abandon him.

So he waited, waited at the stairwell where his mother had asked him to wait.

He waited, and waited...and waited.

They didn't come back.

It was dark when he opened his eyes again, and his head hurt a little less this time. He was sitting up, a blanket draped over his legs and an itchy bandage wrapped around his head. Saet-byul was on the other side of the room, her knees drawn under her chin as she stared forlornly at a makeshift doll in her hands. He tried to call her only to find his voice still gone, his body still refusing to move. He couldn't even whimper to get her attention, though she did glance over and start when she noticed he was awake.

"You're awake," she said quickly, jumping to her feet and grabbing a piece of bread off the table next to her. She ran to his side and pulled a piece off, running her finger over the doll's mouth before shoving it in his mouth. He coughed in surprise when he found his mouth free, and he looked at her in panic and fear, swallowing as fast as he could.

"Saet-byul, what's going on? What's happening? Why can't I move?"

She didn't answer him right away, shoving another piece of bread in his mouth while avoiding his eyes. "I never wanted this to happen," she said sadly, waiting until he finished before putting another piece in his mouth. "Why did you come here? Why...why did you have to see?"

He was still confused, trying to figure out what she was talking about. "Sang-hyuk was worried about you, you were fired from your job and weren't answering him. He asked me to come see you." He winced when his head suddenly throbbed, and Saet-byul hurriedly leaned forward as she checked his bandage. He watched her, her face only inches from his own, and he was able to see how gaunt she had grown, her cheeks sunken and her eyes having large, dark rings around them. "Saet-byul...what's going on?"

"I was scared," she murmured, her voice shaking. "When I saw you...and you saw what happened...I was scared you would tell N. I couldn't have you telling N what happened..."

Jae-hwan glanced behind Saet-byul to see her brother propped up in a similar fashion, and for a second their eyes locked. He gulped when he saw the pleading, desperate look the man sent him, and he wondered if he was like this even back at the dinner. Whatever this was. With each passing second he wasn't sure if he wanted to know what happened anymore.

"Your brother...did you do this to him too?"

The change in her expression was so fast it scared him, her glaring as she took the plate she was holding and chucking it at her brother, the ceramic shattering where it landed next to his foot. Jae-hwan couldn't help but yelp at the sound, and she hurriedly whirled back to him, her face apologetic. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I...please don't compare yourself to Jung-hoon, you're nothing like him." Jae-hwan glanced over to see her brother tense up in pain, and he shuddered.

"What did you do to me...to him...?"

She shook her head, crying. "They made me...said I couldn't let you escape. You would tell N. I had to turn you into a doll. It was the only way. I'm so sorry."

"A doll?"

She slowly pulled out the doll she had been holding earlier, and it reminded him of the one she used to carry when she talked about Hak-yeon. She shifted it in her hold so he could get a look at it, and his whole body grew cold at the sight. Something about the doll terrified him. She the doll's head and he inwardly panicked when it felt like a hand ran through his own hair, the feeling light and ghostly.

"You're a doll now...you're mine." She pricked the doll's stomach with a needle, and he screamed in fear and pain when he felt a sharp sting in his own stomach. Cold, terrifying realization dawned on him when he looked from the doll to Saet-byul's guilty look. A doll...a voodoo doll...is that what she turned him into? Was that even real? But the throbbing pain in his side was very, very real, and his throbbing head only grew worse.

He didn't realize he was crying until Saet-byul wiped his tears for him.

"I'm sorry," she whispered tenderly, her thumb brushing his eyelashes. "I really didn't want to touch you. You were the last person I would want  to turn into a doll. You and Hyukkie...you're my only friends." She was crying again, but he could only focus on Sang-hyuk's name.

"Sang-hyuk," he coughed out, "don't touch Sang-hyuk. Don't do this...this...whatever this is. Don't, please Saet-byul."

"I would never. If you hadn't seen me I wouldn't have turned you either. Why did you have to come? Why Jae-hwan?" He screamed when his body felt like it was on fire, his skin burning and his insides twisting violently, and Saet-byul clasped her hands over . "I'm sorry, I forgot I can't say your name anymore, it's bad luck. I...I'll have to think of a new name for you."

Name...a new name...he looked up at her in horror, swallowing the large lump in his throat. "New name...N...is that why you call Hak-yeon, N? Is Hak-yeon...is he a doll too?" Is that why he tried to run away?

"N is mine," she said sternly, all previous guilt and tenderness gone as she glared at him, and she lifted the doll to her lips. "Sleep."

After a while, the headmaster convinced him to go to school and be a good boy while he waited for his parents, that maybe if he was good enough they would come back for him. He had to go to a new school, his parents taking him far away from home before leaving him. But they would come back, so he was just going to be good until then. Then they would take him home and everything would be okay again.

The other orphanage boys told his new classmates that he had been abandoned on the doorsteps, them all calling him dumb and stupid for waiting every day for them to come back. They mocked him because he had been abandoned when he was ten; they had been jealous that he had memories of his parents when most could only remember the orphanage. His classmates laughed at him, pointed and laughed, but when he didn't react to their shouts, since he was convinced his parents would come back, they grew tired of him.

No one would look at him, spare him a passing glance, and soon even teachers in the classroom would rarely call on him. As the days turned to weeks, the weeks turning to months and his parents still not coming back, he grew afraid and lonely when no one would speak to him. It was worse than when they would mock and make fun of him, to suddenly be so unimportant and insignificant people couldn't be bothered to notice him. People would legitimately forget he was in the room, the headmaster at one point forgetting his name. Ken, he called him once instead of Jae-hwan, mistaking him for the foreign child that had been dropped off at the orphanage a few months after him.

He saw a couple bullies hitting one of his classmates, and he bunched his hands in his fists as he watched longingly, a part of him so jealous of his classmate. He was so invisible, so unwanted, the bullies wouldn't even look at him, let alone beat him up. He ran up to them, asking them to hit him instead, but all he got was a punch to the face and a jeer that he wasn't even worth beating up.

So he did the only thing he could-- he smiled all the time and was as cheery as he could be. He learned quickly that smiles were all he needed; the headmaster noticed his smiles and bright attitude and remembered his name. The other orphanage boys knew he could tell good jokes and would come to him when they were bored or wanted to play games. His classmates would wait for him to think of something funny to do in class, laughing at whatever he said or when he did something stupid. His teachers were exasperated when he would disrupt class, kicking him out when he got to be too much.

Nobody knew how much it hurt to put up that smile, how underneath was a little boy who just wanted to cry and see his parents again. Nobody knew about how he would spend days with the little light on in his room to look up good jokes, slaving away to make sure they were always new. Nobody knew how he hated having to throw away his pride to ridicule himself, how he hated being sent to detention or kicked out of class.

But he couldn't dare let anyone know that.

He had finally got their attention, everyone remembering the name Lee Jae-hwan, and he was not about to let that go because he was tired.

Until one day there was a new student by the name of Kim Won-shik, a resident bad boy that had all the girls sighing and the boys glaring in jealousy. His parents had insisted he was so smart that he tested into a grade higher than supposed to, though the obviously younger boy had no problem sitting in their class. Jae-hwan went up to him with his usual jokes and bright smiles, welcoming him to the class. Won-shik only growled at him to leave him alone, and while Jae-hwan inwardly wanted to leave him alone, the others in the class all watched him expectantly. So he was always bugging Won-shik, asking him to go out with him and the others to the arcade, to eat lunch with them, to play games with them. Each time Won-shik ignored him or shouted annoyingly at him.

He thought Kim Won-shik hated him, until one day when Jae-hwan was hiding in the library to look up some more jokes, Kim Won-shik sat down across from him.

"Why are you always faking?"

"Can you give me a smile? Or laugh? Please...something...I miss you."

He blinked up at Saet-byul, the girl sitting in front of him with her knees held close to her chest, her eyes staring pleadingly at him. He honestly didn't know how long he's been sitting here, the only thing he understood being his body still couldn't move. She had vaguely told him the rest about the dolls-- that she had created him, that he belonged to her now, that he would never be free again...all because she panicked and thought he would have told Hak-yeon about her killing someone named Joon-myeon. He had stopped trying to understand by that point.

Saet-byul reached over and pulled the edges of his lips up into a smile, though he frowned even harder and she pulled away. "You...it's not right when you're not smiling. I wish you would smile just once, to tell me you're still there."

"Saet-byul," he whispered, his voice raspy and throat dry, "I can't smile. I...you said I'm a doll now. I can't...I'm trying to understand all of this."

She nodded, pushing her hair away from her face. He noticed she had dyed her hair again, and he wondered if it was to match Hak-yeon's. "I see...it took N a while too, to get use to being a doll. But you don't have to be afraid, I will never hurt you. No matter what they say, I will never hurt you." She took his hand in hers, smiling in a way she had only done when talking about Hak-yeon. It felt wrong, dirty.

She pushed his hair around, her lips pulled down into a frown. "You're getting dirty, you need to wash. You still can't move, I'll help you."

He panicked when she got up and started to pull on his arm, his mind whirling at the idea of Saet-byul stripping him down and washing him like a doll. He didn't care if that was what he was or not, he couldn't imagine her seeing him like that. "Wait, Saet-byul, I can't-"

"I can make you sleep if you're embarrassed. It's okay. I told you I would never hurt you, you don't have to worry."

"No, I can't-"

They both stopped when a faint ringtone started to play softly, and his eyes looked down hurriedly at his phone in his pocket. Saet-byul stared at him for the longest time, her face impassive and scarier that he could ever imagine as she slowly knelt down and took the phone out of his pocket. He caught a glimpse of the caller name to see Won-shik, and he felt his heart race.

Not Won-shik.

She couldn't touch Won-shik.

She pressed the answer button, the two of them listening until a slightly altered voice called out,

"Jae-hwan hyung? You there? I-" He cried out when she suddenly hung up the phone, and actually whimpered when she turned the phone off. She still had the deadened look in her eye as she tossed the phone away.

"You won't be needing that anymore," she snapped, standing up and leaving him alone. Jae-hwan started to cry as he tried his hardest to grab his phone, the device only a little ways away from his hand, crying when he couldn't move even an inch. He squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to calm himself, unable to wipe his tears or bury his face in his hands. He couldn't do anything. He glanced over to Saet-byul's brother to see him staring back, and the two shared a long, knowing glance.

He and Won-shik were inseparable. While he continued to plaster on a wide smile for everyone else, he wasn't as worried about what they thought anymore. Won-shik had promised he would never leave Jae-hwan, never abandon him like his parents did or forget about him like everyone had before. Won-shik was so caring and thoughtful, he would do anything for him.

Won-shik told him about how much he hated his family, how they wanted him to be great like his brothers and to do well in everything. Won-shik hated being stifled like that, wanted desperately to be free like Jae-hwan. Jae-hwan would sometimes dream of where they switched places, where he could have a family and Won-shik could be free like he wished. But life wasn't like that.

When days were particularly bad, and Won-shik would show up with bruises littering his skin and his body shaking with rage, Jae-hwan would wordlessly open his arms and envelop him in a hug. He would never ask questions, only accept. He would sneak the younger into his room, the other orphanage boys keeping quiet as they huddled under his blanket. They would make a fort where they would be in a different world, where there were no bastard parents who abandoned their children or parents that wanted too much of their child. It was a world where only they existed.

He wished he could stay there, take his Won-shik there and hide away from all the evils of the world.

"Do you ever wish your parents came back?"

Jae-hwan sniffled, pretending to find the joke book in front of him much more interesting. "No. Why would I? They...obviously don't want me." He looked up to find Won-shik staring at him. He blinked. "Why? Do you wish your parents were nicer?"

"No, if I did they'd go after Won-hye. I'd rather she was left alone..."

"...but sometimes I do think of running away."

The next time he woke up to Saet-byul screaming, grabbing her head and flailing terribly. He tried to run over to comfort her only to find his body still frozen. "S-Saet-byul..." he croaked, and she rolled over to stare at him, gasping painfully.

"J-Jae-hwan...I can't...they won't leave me alone." Jae-hwan gasped in pain, the burning sensation engulfing him, and he screamed when he couldn't move or do anything to try and relieve the pain. Saet-byul's eyes narrowed at his pain, and her lips curled back in a snarl as she rolled onto her stomach, propping herself up and hissing. "Jae-hwan...Jae-hwan Jae-hwan Jae-hwan Jae-hwan Jae-hwan." She grabbed his doll in her hand, squeezing it.

His skin felt as if it was peeling off, his ribs closing in and nearly crushing him, all the air feeling as if it was shoved out of his lungs. With each uttering of his name, he felt as a little part of him was stripped away, his head going numb. He didn't know what she was saying, couldn't process anything long enough to try and figure it out, only able to see her coming towards him, her face hovering over his. He could see her mouthing his name, his vision fading to nothing but red, but he couldn't move away. She moved closer, her fingers clasping his burning shoulders, leaning towards his ear.

"Jae-hwan...they don't want you. But don't worry...I won't hurt you." He gasped, each brush from her fingers electrifying and agonizing. She pressed her face into his shoulder, the contact searing. The pain was so great he wished she would just kill him. "I'm so sorry," she mumbled, crying. "I'm so sorry that I've turned you into this..."

"Saet-byul..."

"I had tried to keep you all away," she hissed, her fingers resting on his shoulders, the numbing pain slowly receding. "They've seen you and want me to kill you. But I can't...I can't hurt you..." She leaned forward and hugged his head gently, sniffling.

"I promise...I'll keep you safe. I won't hurt you."

"I'm going to study abroad."

The book he'd been reading slipped out of his hands, clattering to the floor, but he couldn't be bothered with that, staring in shock at Won-shik who refused to look him in the eye. His hands trembled as he fought not to cry out just then, instead taking a deep breath, tears already at the edges of his eyes. "W-what?"

"I can't stand it here anymore Jae-hwan hyung," Won-shik bit out, angry tears running down his cheeks. Jae-hwan ran to his side and checked him over, frowning when there wasn't a scratch on him. Won-shik shoved him away. "I can't stand that house anymore. I can't stand any of them."

"W-where would you go? You'd be all alone. It's too scary out there Won-shik ah."

"You know me hyung, nothing scares me. I can handle whatever's out there."

But he couldn't.

Jae-hwan couldn't.

But he couldn't say that.

He struggled to smile, a habit that had become almost natural, a smile he had started for his parents and perfected for Won-shik. It took him a few seconds before he was able to speak, keeping his voice light and airy. "Where are you going to study?"

"As far away as possible, so they'll never be able to find me. America's pretty far, right? Everyone always talks about going there."

America? That's so far away, there would be no way Jae-hwan could visit him. He'd be so far away.

"But it's too expensive. How could you get there?"

"If there's anything my family's good at, it's having money. I could pull some out and use it to study. I'll pick some place where they'd never be able to find me."

"I'm sure if they tried, they'd-"

"Do you honestly think they would really look for me? That they'd care enough to try and find me? You know they wouldn't hyung. Not the delinquent Kim Won-shik."

He was grasping at straws now. "What about Won-hye? Would you really leave her?"

The way Won-shik's face contorted was something he would never forget, the anger and grief so prominent and palpable Jae-hwan nearly cried. "What about her? She can handle herself just fine. She...she doesn't need me." Jae-hwan stared at him, watched as Won-shik threw his bag onto Jae-hwan's bed. Jae-hwan had just finished high school, had finally moved out of the orphanage and gotten himself a small apartment. It wasn't great or anything, but it was a place for just the two of them, and had grown to be a safe home for them both. "You wouldn't mind if I crashed here for the time being, right hyung? Just until I figure everything out?"

"O-of course not," he said hurriedly, a tear finally escaping and trailing down his cheek. "But...you'll come back...right? You'll come back, won't you Won-shik ah?"

You'll come back, right?

You'll come back for me...right?

Won-shik paused, suddenly looking so tired. "I..."

You promised, you promised you would never leave me.

You wouldn't really leave, right?

"I don't know. I can't think right now. But I wouldn't leave you hyung. You know that. I'll figure out a way the both of us can be together. Just wait for me." Jae-hwan felt reassured at that, went about to make his Wonnie a great dinner to cheer him up. To convince him to stay in Korea.

The day he woke up and found he could move his body again, Saet-byul wasn't there. He looked over to find her brother gone, though there were burn marks all around where he had lain. He was stiff and sore and his head hurt like hell, and a tentative hand felt along the bandage that was still wrapped there. He looked around, both hopeful and afraid that Saet-byul was somewhere in the apartment. She had proven time and again that she had changed, that she wasn't the same little star anymore, and he was terrified of what she had become.

He rolled over, groaning when his leg twitched painfully. He needed to get out of here, run for help. He couldn't call the police, probably for the same reason Hak-yeon never called. Hak-yeon-- he was a doll too, he would know what to do. But he had no idea where he was, Won-shik said he left...

Won-shik.

He wanted...no, needed to see his Wonnie, to make sure he was safe. But if anything, he just wanted to see him and hug him. He wanted comfort. He hesitantly reached his hand out, his fingers flinching when they brushed something cold, and he glanced down to see his forgotten cell phone. Swallowing, his throat parched and his mouth dry, his shaking hands turned the phone on, his heart racing as he waited for it to load.

He coughed, his head going lightheaded at the mere motion, his eyes dilating at how bright his screen was. Won-shik...all he could think of was Won-shik. He needed to see him. He needed him.

The phone beeped continuously as his mailbox was filled with millions of texts from Sang-hyuk, though he didn't have time to check them. He didn't know where Saet-byul was, and he couldn't be sure what she would do when she saw him moving. He hit his speed dial, gasping for air as he brought the phone to his ear, starting to cry as he waited for it to ring.

Please pick up your phone, Won-shik.

You need to keep your promise.

You promised you would never leave me, not like my parents.

You promised.

"Hello?"

"Won-shik!" he cried, his voice hoarse and barely audible. He squeezed his eyes shut when he began to see double, his body extremely dehydrated.

"Hyung? What's going on? Sang-hyuk's been trying to call me, said you've been missing. Where are you? Are you alright?"

"Won-shik...help me...please..."

", where are you? I'm coming right now." He could distantly hear Won-hye's voice on the other end, hear Won-shik telling her he had to go, and Jae-hwan felt terrible for pulling him away. He needed Won-shik though, needed him desperately. He was the only one he could think of at this point, the only one he wanted to save him, to take him away from this prison--

"No! Won-shik...don't come here...find...call someone..."

"Don't you ing tell me to stay away. Where the hell are you? I'm going to beat the living out of whoever touched you-- , where are you?"

"It's not safe here...Won-shik, stay away...it's not safe-"

"The hell it's not safe." He could hear him start a car, and Jae-hwan numbly thought that Won-shik didn't have a license. "Where are you Jae-hwan? I'm coming."

He wanted Won-shik, wanted him so badly, but he couldn't bring him here. He couldn't put him in danger. He shuddered at the memory of Saet-byul torturing him, of her somehow ripping his skin off and burning his insides without laying a finger on him-- he couldn't do that to Won-shik. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he brought his Wonnie into something like that.

"Call...call Hak-yeon...call him..."

"Hak-yeon? Does he have something to do with this?"

"Help...he can help...please Won-shik..."

"Are you at Taek-woon's? I don't know his number..."

"Tell him...tell him it's Saet-byul. Saet-byul, she-"

"Are you at ing Saet-byul's? You said you were going to see her...did she do something to you? Was it her brother? I always suspected he beat her, goddamnit, I knew I shouldn't have let you go!" Jae-hwan glanced over at the charred spot where her brother used to be, wanting to tell Won-shik how wrong he was. But he was too tired, his eyelids suddenly so heavy. He could hear Won-shik calling his name, the sound of tires screeching loud in the background, but he was too tired to answer. He closed his eyes...

Won-shik didn't tell him the day he left. Jae-hwan woke up to find the apartment quiet, Won-shik's things all gone. He had tried not to panic right away, going through all the rooms to see if maybe the other had left for a little bit. But he was really gone, not even a note left.

He had gone to Won-shik's house after that, went to see Won-hye and ask if Won-shik had gone back. Won-hye glared at the mention of Won-shik's name, spitting out that Won-shik hadn't dared step back in their house after what he did. He couldn't get it out of her on what Won-shik had done, but whatever it was he wasn't welcome back.

So he eventually went back to his apartment, his body numb when he realized that he really had left him alone. It didn't matter how much Won-shik promised. He really did leave.

He had asked him to wait, and Jae-hwan had waited.

But he left in the end anyway.

Just like his parents.

But just like he did for his parents, Jae-hwan sat on his couch facing the front door...and waited.

He waited for three years.

Waited until one day he got a call saying Won-shik was coming back.

"I'm coming back hyung. I'm coming back."

"Hyung!" Jae-hwan was startled awake when he felt rough hands grab his shoulders, shaking him furiously, and he blearily opened his eyes to see Won-shik shouting at him. His brow furrowed as he tried to focus, his vision clearing just enough to see the sheer panic on the other's face. "Oh my god hyung, what did he do to you? Where's Saet-byul, did he hurt her too?" Won-shik crushed him to his shoulder, and Jae-hwan found himself crying, his sobs so loud and painful.

Everything hurt.

"I'm so sorry hyung," Won-shik cried, attempting to help him up. Jae-hwan couldn't stand, everything was so heavy. His body was too heavy. "I was too distracted at home, I hadn't checked my phone-- I would've come sooner. I'm so sorry."

"W-Won-shik...have to leave...it's not safe here..."

"I'll get you out, don't worry. If I see that bastard I'll kill his . We'll get you out of here. We'll go to Taek-woon's and somehow get a hold of Hak-yeon. I'm sure he'll do something to save Saet-byul."

"Not...not him...Saet-byul, she's the one-"

"Won-shik?" Both froze at the sound of the innocent voice behind them, and Won-shik turned enough so they were both able to see Saet-byul standing at the front door. She looked between the two of them, confused, her eyes trailing from Won-shik's harried face to his hands around Jae-hwan's shoulders, cell phone gripped tightly in Jae-hwan's hand. Understanding slowly dawned on her, her face shifting until she was staring impassively at the two of them. Without taking her eyes off them, she shut the door behind her, clicking the lock. "I didn't realize you would be visiting."

Won-shik stuttered, no doubt starting to realize the situation. He glanced down at Jae-hwan, his hold on him subconsciously tightening. "Saet-byul, what's going on? Jae-hwan...he needs help, we have to get him out of here. I have a car outside, I can-"

"You won't be needing a car," she said simply, taking a step forward. Jae-hwan flinched, clinging to Wong-shik fearfully, and Won-shik noticed.

"Is your brother the one doing this? Where is he? I can-"

"Jung-hoon is dead."

Won-shik's mouth snapped shut, stumbling back in numbed shock when Jae-hwan violently shoved him away. Jae-hwan whimpered inwardly, his voice cut off again and his body moving on its own. He felt himself stand opposite of Won-shik, felt Saet-byul slip a knife in his hands.

I told you, I promised. I would never leave you.

"H-hyung? Wh-what are you doing?"

I'll always stay with you.

Saet-byul smiled, stepping away to the side. Jae-hwan saw a doll in her hands, her fingers holding its little arms.

"And soon you will be too."


*hides*

Writing this chapter was very emotionally draining, and I needed to give my cat a big hug after finishing it. And I know this is ridiculously long, but I've really come to love Jae-hwan, and I felt I needed to give him the proper background he deserved. (Though, 4000 views! I love you all so much! ^-^)