Selfish

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Silence filled the air. Sweats covered both of the women’s bare bodies. They just finished making love but different from usual occurrence, this time none of them made a movement. Both of them waited for each other to speak first. Taeyeon didn’t hug Tiffany close as she used to while Tiffany didn’t scoot to rest her head on Taeyeon’s collarbone. They both knew this could probably be the last time they made love to each other.

 

“Can’t I change your mind?” Taeyeon’s cracked voice was heard.

 

“You know the answer to it already, Taeyeon-ah. Can we not talk about it? I am too tired and fighting with you is the least thing I want. I am counting the days now, Tae and every moment with you is worthy.” Tiffany turned her body opposite way, trying to hide her crying face.

 

“I am not stopping you from resigning from SM. You can always find another agency. I am sure there are many agencies who would welcome you with opened arms. You already have a fame for your name, Fany-ah. Just please.. Don’t leave me.” Taeyeon dropped the remaining pride she had left. She was a woman whose pride was as high as the blue sky but for Tiffany, she was willing to kneel on her knees. If begging was the last resort, then she would do it; anything for making Tiffany change her mind.

 

“I want to become a professional actress.” Tiffany sighed; silently cried.

 

“You can always be involved as supporting role or even main role in Korea.” Taeyeon sighed. She just knew Tiffany would find endless reasons to argue but she was not going to back down; not again.

 

“I want to be a Hollywood actress and you know living in U.S would raise my success percentage to be involved in Hollywood movies.” Tiffany felt the bed shook and soon Taeyeon’s hand was already wrapped around her slim waist.

 

“I can mention few names of Korean people who succeeded entering the Hollywood movies without having to move there for real. I also acknowledged that your father has remarried and no longer lives there and Michele has her own families already; leaving only your cousins. What more reasons would you give me, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon’s tears fell and dropped on Tiffany’s shoulder. It made Tiffany even felt guiltier that she cried harder; enough of hiding her true feelings from Taeyeon.

 

“You know why, Tae. Since my foolish incident last year, most of Korean hate my existence in entertainment world, Tae. What’s the use of being an artist or singer here if whatever I am doing making them hating me even more? How can I expect them to love me when they can’t even respect me as a human being?” Tiffany finally dropped her last defense and crumbled in front of Taeyeon.

 

“Even being seen with you has already made their wrath all over the place. I don’t want them to hate you too. I love you and if leaving means, you can live in a better world then I am ready to leave this world, this country, and you.” Tiffany cupped Taeyeon’s face. Her heart was in pain seeing her lover’s face was full of tears but there’s nothing else she could do. This was the last option; the hardest decision that she had ever taken in all of her life.

 

“So now you’re saying that leaving me would do me good? How could you even think of that?! You know well how your existence matters a lot for me! You know that you are the source of my happiness and if you are not here then might as well I am becoming the gloomiest person alive.” Taeyeon halted, trying to catch her breath.

 

“I didn’t even know you would stop abruptly. You never said anything about it before. You even encouraged me to sign the contract, telling me that you’re still on the process of reviewing your own contract proposal. And… and when I have already signed it, you said you would stop from SM. Why not trying to negotiate first? I know the probability for your proposals to be completely accepted is kind of hard but..” Taeyeon’s voice elaborated her feelings; how she felt miserable and stressed. Her brain was not functioning properly while her heart was broken in the cruelest way possible and by no one but the woman who’s lying beside her.

 

“I am sorry, Taeyeon-ah. It’s for your own good. I-“

 

“Stop it. How selfish can you be, Tiffany? You always said it’s for my own good; whatever you decided on your own related to our relationship, you always stated it’s for our own good. You never considered my feelings, my thoughts on each and every decision you made for us.” Taeyeon scooted away. She sat up, letting her legs dangling under the bed and her back facing Tiffany’s sight.

 

“And I am like a puppy; obediently following you around and never once protested about it. But it’s a different situation right now. When you said people started to get suspicious about us and you thought it’s better if we pretended to have ‘relationship’ with men, I accepted it. I know it’s not your fault and you’re just being forced by SM like usual with one condition; don’t tell Taeyeon the truth. But can’t I have a say now?” Taeyeon shook her head, finding it hard to believe how much she had sacrificed for Tiffany just to be dumped at the end; and it seemed that the end was now.

 

“You know I did it to-“

 

“To retain our relationship. Yes, I know. But did you consult it to me beforehand? No, you didn’t. I knew that from the media. The media for God’s sake! I am your lover and reading the news that someone just claimed your lover to be his lover was hurt, Tiffany!” Taeyeon slightly raised her voice and it shut Tiffany up immediately. Tiffany could see the shaking shoulder, indicating how hard Taeyeon was crying at the moment.

 

“You should have informed me beforehand; that you would sacrifice yourself plus our relationship just for SM! Because they did tax evasion!” Taeyeon added.

 

“Because I knew you wouldn’t agree. I am so sorry, Taeyeon-ah. I know I am too selfish most of the time but trust me when I say I did everything for us. I never loved anyone as much as I love you and I tend to stay that way. Loving you is the most amazing feeling I have ever had and to be loved for you is a miracle for me.” Tiffany reached out and carefully hugged Taeyeon from behind.

 

“But how about now? There are only the two of us and now you’re saying you will leave and nothing can ever change your mind. You are stubborn and selfish. Why did I even end up falling in love for you? I fell too hard that I forgot how to get up.” Taeyeon’s tears trickled down until it touched Tiffany’s hand on Taeyeon’s stomach.

 

“Taeyeon-ah. Look at me.” Tiffany guided Taeyeon’s face until the latter turned her head.

 

“I love you. No matter where I am now or where I am gonna be, nothing will change the fact that I love you. My heart is wherever you are.” Tiffany smiled although the salty water blurred her eyes.

 

“You can say that now but who can guarantee tomorrow? Our relationship is forbidden and can be considered as abnormal from the beginning, Fany-ah. I am strong because you are there with me. I never gave up on us because you told me to fight together with you. But now that you’re….” Taeyeon swallowed the rest of her words together with her tears.

 

“Shussh.. It’s not like I am leaving forever. Eventually, I will come back to you because wherever you are is where my heart is.” Tiffany brushed Taeyeon’s tears away but forgot how her own tears were still streaming down rapidly from her sad eyes.

 

“You are not breaking up with me?” Taeyeon asked innocently. She had her back rested on the wall behind her.

 

“Of course not, silly. You are my root. How can a living being live a life without its root, huh?” Tiffany slowly climbed onto Taeyeon and sat on her lap.

 

“But how can I get through a life without you? If I had to live without you, what kind of life would that be? I am not that excited to know to be honest.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Good. You must not be excited to live a life where there’s no me in it.” Tiffany tried to throw a joke. Taeyeon just smiled, still not amused with the fact that Tiffany would leave her world soon enough.

 

“Can’t you reconsider it for the last time, Fany-ah? We’ve been living together for more than a decade and have been lovers for the past 5 years. Does that mean nothing to you? Is it not enough to be a reason for you to stay?” Taeyeon tried again.

 

“The only reason why this heart beats excitedly is you, Fany-ah. My life was filled by nothing but black and white but you brought colors to my life. It’s brighter now.. Yet,, you want to-“ Taeyeon looked away as her tears made a pool on the bed sheet.

 

“Those colors will stay with you because although my body is not near you, my heart will always be with you. Feel this. My heart beats the same melodies as yours. As long as we still look at the same blue sky and breath the same air, my heart won’t stop beating for you.” Tiffany brought her head nearing until it touched Taeyeon’s forehead.

 

“I love you, Taeyeon-ah. Please let me be selfish for the last time. Let me go; let my body leave you but don’t take your heart back with you. My heart will stay with you and will still be yours even though my body is not here. Let’s stay together despite the unbearable time zone and the fact that I am not living in the same country with you anymore. Please?” Taeyeon stared intensely at Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“Please?” Tiffany begged when she didn’t receive any respond from Taeyeon.

 

“Fine. But I don’t want to accompany you to the airport. I don’t want to see you go away from my life; being helpless watching you walk away while I can’t do anything to stop you.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“It’s a deal then.” Tiffany finally could smile sincerely; knowing they didn’t break up and Taeyeon could accept her selfish decision at the end.

 

“I love you, Taeyeon-ah. Thank you very much for not ending this. Thank you for giving us another chance.” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon’s shoulder, burying her head inside the woman’s collarbone.

 

“I love you too. Thank you too for not giving up on us.” Taeyeon encircled her hands around Tiffany’s waist and embraced her tighter.

---

 

From    : Taeyeon

To        : Tiffany

“I am going to board the plane now. I will be back in a month or so. Too bad I cannot drop by to where you are. By the way, I am with my two friends whom you had known well. Take care.”

 

Taeyeon slipped her phone back to her pocket and ran a little to chase her friends. She carelessly dragged her luggage and laughed when her friends only raised eyebrows at her. Taeyeon was happy or at least what she had tried to make people believe. She was about to go on a trip, still related to work of course. In normal term, she should be happy but after being left by her soulmate for few weeks, she doubted if she still knew what was the meaning of happiness for real.

 

“Tiffany?” Her friend asked. Both of them were important for Taeyeon; a friendly stylish plus an understanding manager so they already knew about the relationship of Taeyeon and Tiffany plus the heavy drama which had been dragged for so long.

 

“Yeah. I just told her that I would board the plane now so she might not be able to contact me for a while or at least during my stay in the sky.” Taeyeon smiled and ascended the stairs carefully.

 

“Did she reply your last message?” Another friend of her whose hair was shorter than the other one asked.

 

“Not yet. I assume she is still sleeping so she hadn’t even read it.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“You can look at the notification, whether it has been read or not. Let me take a look. I am sure she has read it. It’s barely 10 pm there and the usual Tiffany we’ve known would still awake.” The same friend commented.

 

“Why are you so nosy? Even if she read and hadn’t replied, so what? Maybe she is out with her friends or she is too sleepy so she only read it without remembering she needed to reply.” Taeyeon secured her phone; didn’t want her friend to see the reality; that indeed Tiffany had read her previous messages but didn’t reply any.

 

“Leave her be, Jimin-ah. She’s right. Why are you so nosy anyway? She loves Tiffany and she’s still in a relationship with her. Whatever they are doing is none of your business.” Her manager finally spoke up.

 

“Sighed. Fine. I am sorry. I don’t mean to be nosy. I just care. We both know the trials and ordeals you have faced in order to be together with her. You even said yes to the long distance relationship when you haven’t even done it before. I just hope it’s worth it; she’s worth it.” Jimin smiled a little, giving up.

 

“Well you can stop worrying now because she is. She worths every second of my time.” Taeyeon took the magazine and pretended to read it. She didnt forget to plug in her earphones, a signal that she didnt want to be bothered by anyone.

 

“Okay then. I will be sleeping now. Wake me up when we have arrived.” Jimin said and her friend just nodded her head.

 

Taeyeon pretended to read the magazine but truthfully, she could barely pay attention to whatever news given to her. She missed Tiffany very much and she hardly passed every night without her. It felt so different when Tiffany was not around. She was lonely and although she could list down numerous of women’s names who were more than willing to accompany her through the night, she still didn’t want to do so. Loyalty and honesty was the only things she could give Tiffany now that she’s far away; out of her reach.

 

“Fany-ah, where are you? Why you haven’t contacted me since last night?” Taeyeon clenched the phone inside her palm and sighed.

---

 

Taeyeon woke up when she felt the heavy movement inside the cabin. She rubbed her still tired eyes and looked around. Her friend called Jimin was still sleeping while another was busy eating something looked like ice cream. Taeyeon yawned and unplugged her earphones. she got up and approached her friend.

 

“Where are we?”

 

“Just landing. Good thing you have woken up. Are you that tired? Even Jimin has several times woke up during the trip.” Her friend smiled, offering her teaspoon to scope her ice cream.

 

“I guess so.” Taeyeon smiled in returned.

 

“Go and wash your face. I will help you taking beautiful picture for your instagram. Remember that the main purpose of this trip is to make your show and prepare for your comeback at the end of the year so you better show that happiness to your fans.”

 

“No promises. I will try to look happy at least so my fans wouldn’t be worried about me. They keep sending me messages, asking me whether I am okay or lonely since Tiff’s departure to U.S. Heck, even the official news hasn’t come out.” Taeyeon put down the spoon and went to the toilet to wash up.

 

“Better than nothing.” Her friend replied before Taeyeon was out of her sight. It took only 15 minutes for Taeyeon to wash her face and apply light make up.

 

“How do I look?” Taeyeon asked and sat in front of her friend.

 

“Nice. Now help me and sit properly. I will take a picture of you.” Her friend said. Taeyeon nodded and made some poses until her friend was satisfied and showed her thumbs up.

 

“Go and upload this. I will wake Jimin up.” Taeyeon didn’t forget to say thank you and chose the best picture that would represent her sincerest smile.

 

When the three of them were ready, they descended the stairs and went to immigration to take care of permit and other necessary procedure about tourists. They went to the hotel to drop their lugagges. Of course they slept inside one huge room contained of 2 bedrooms. Taeyeon chose to sleep alone because although Tiff was not physically here, she still respected her and remembered how she hated to share Taeyeon with anyone else.

 

“I wished you were here with me, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon mumbled before plopping her body onto the bed. She rolled to the side and checked her phone, hoping Tiff would at least have read her last message.

 

From    : Tiffany

To        : Taeyeon

“Hey Tae! I am sorry I just read your messages now and haven’t been able to reply it until now. Have you arrived safely? I saw your instagram update. Hope you’ll have a blasting work and vacation. Love you.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. The message was sent about half an hour ago. Taeyeon guessed it was when Taeyeon was still bickering with her friends about the bedroom. Taeyeon wanted the bedroom to be located near the window where the view was breath-taking but so did her friends. After some bidding mixed with arguments, Taeyeon finally won the battle and took her dreamy bedroom.

 

Taeyeon was on her way to type the reply when the thought came. She erased it all and decided to just give Tiffany a call. She missed hearing her voice anyway.

 

“Hello.” The latter picked up.

 

“Hey Fany-ah! I just arrived in the hotel.” Taeyeon informed.

 

“Good for you. Wait, you don’t share the bedroom with them, right? You better not, Tae.” Taeyeon chuckled hearing the threatening voice.

 

“I am not. I sleep alone. Wait, do you want to see my bedroom? Let’s do videocall, Fany-ah!” Taeyeon sounded too excited so when the latter suddenly silent, Taeyeon wondered why.

 

“Actually, I am not at home at the moment so I don’t think now is the best time to do videocall.”

 

“Oh. I see. Where are you now?” Taeyeon masked her disappointment.

 

“I am with my cousin and friends. We are having brunch and planning to go to the mall after this. You know, shopping, watching movies, and all.”

 

“Y-yeah. We did it all the time when we have decent break. How many people are you with?”

 

“Four including me.” Tiffany replied shortly. Taeyeon heard Tiffany talked in English to whom Taeyeon assumed her cousin. Tiffany told her cousin to wait and that Taeyeon was on the phone right now.

 

“Okay then. You’re just summoned right? You have to go now.” Taeyeon swallowed the pain inside her heart.

 

“I am sorry, Taeyeon-ah. I will make it up to you tonight. We can do videocall later, right?”

 

“I don’t know, Fany-ah. I don’t think I am still awake when you’re home. It’ll be dawn the moment you arrive at home.”

 

“Right. Next time then?”

 

“Yeah, sure. Have fun and say hi to your cousin and friends.” Taeyeon didn’t even spend another second for Tiffany to reply. She hung up the phone and sighed. She threw the phone to the bed and walked outside.

 

“Girls, I know London is known for its English Tea but who’s up for beers?” Taeyeon put her best smile and talked to her friends who were busy wathing some random movies in the TV.

 

“I am on!!” Jimin replied almost immediately.

 

“Well, I guess I will be the one to take care both of you later. Let’s go!” Her other friend added.

---

 

The arranged videocall never happened. Taeyeon waited for Tiffany’s message which supposedly told Taeyeon of what time she had reached home and to ask whether Taeyeon was still sober to do videocall or not. The next day, it was again Taeyeon who messaged Tiffany first, telling her that she would have fun and visit Hogwarts together with her friends. No replied received after an hour but since it hadn’t even be read, Taeyeon just shrugged it off.

 

“Are you ready?” Jimin knocked on Taeyeon’s bedroom.

 

“I am! I will be out in 5 minutes.” Taeyeon yelled back. She made a qucik smile and captured herself using her camera phone, sending it to Tiffany before she finally out from the bedroom.

 

“I got my tools ready. Jimin-ah, you brought the passports and other documents with you, right?” Jimin nodded.

 

“What can I help you with then?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Nothing. Just be yourself and look happier than yesterday. You were wasted and kept on calling for Tiffany’s name. Good thing I brought you two home immediately. You too, Jimin. You’re not helping either. You should have looked after Taeyeon, not joining her dangerous adventure and endlessly gulping glasses of alcohols.” The woman glared at Jimin.

 

“I am sorry. But the beer here tastes too delicious. I cannot stop myself from going for more.” Jimin smiled apologetically.

 

“I am sorry too. I didn’t mean to trouble you. We are here to have fun but only one day and I already caused you a problem.” Taeyeon said.

 

“It’s fine. I understand. You seek for comfort and assurance but when you couldn’t get what you’re looking for, alcohol was the last option. I just hoped I could be more useful for you.” The woman smiled. Her eyes bored right though Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“Yah! How about me?” Jimin interrupted.

 

“You are useless. As simple as that.” The woman retorted. Taeyeon chuckled, feeling thankful for having these two women around her.

 

The three women then went out from their hotel, attempting to have breakfast outside. Taeyeon was never one to like eating western food unless when she was with her lover, Tiffany but now she had to. Her friend wanted to eat burgers and many kind of junk foods England could provide them and so Taeyeon just followed them, eating whatever they ate but with less portion. She didn’t have appetite to eat and the only person who had authority to force her to eat more was not with her. So, what’s the use, right?

 

They were have fun and spent hours to take pictures, eating normal to bizarre food, and visiting places during their visit to Taeyeon’s most favorite city in England. They were tired, mostly Taeyeon since whenever shopping activity brought up, she would already feel exhausted even when she hadn’t moved an inch from the spot where she stood.

 

“Tae! Look at that sign! It’s the store we’ve been looking for! Chocolates!!!” Jimin shouted too excitedly, pointing at the signboard with her index finger. People were looking at the group weirdly, mostly because the woman spoke in their own native language.

 

“Shussh! We don’t want too many people to recognize us, do we?” Taeyeon other friend flicked Jimin’s forehead and Taeyeon just laughed with the sight. Taeyeon was about take a picture of the signboard when her phone vibrated.

 

From    : Tiffany

To        : Taeyeon

“Taeyeon-ah. I am sorry I went home late last night and well, couldn’t make a videocall. Where are you going today? Don’t forget to take pictures and let me know, okay? I missed seeing your dorky face with that lunatic expression.”

 

Taeyeon smiled seeing the message despite of the slightly annoyed feelings due to Tiffany’s empty promises. Yes, she was disappointed and maybe she also felt kind of stupid for hoping too much but well, what else could she do when she was far away from Tiffany? She ignored her friends and typed the reply as soon as the message from Tiffany had been read.

 

From    : Taeyeon

To        : Tiffany

“It’s okay, I understand and good morning to you too J

It’s rare to know you have woken up at this time of hour. I am about to have chocolate dessert with Jimin and Manager unnie. After this we will prepare and start the video shooting using amateur camera. Well, hopefully it won’t turn out bad. How about you? Will you go somewhere today?”

 

“I bet 1 million won that the message is from no one but Tiffany.” Jimin teased.

 

“Well, who else can put a smile as wide and as sincere as that if not from her. What did she say, Taeyeon-ah?” The oldest woman amongst the three asked.

 

“Oh, nothing much.” Taeyeon replied, eyes were still staring on the screen of her phone.

 

“Too bad. If only Tiff knew that our Taeyeon here had already worn her iest lingeries and prepared to do naughty things with her lover even from afar.” Jimin chitted and shrugged her shoulder. She ran a little when Taeyeon tried to catch her. The manager shook her head and followed the two from behind.

 

“I did not do such a thing!” Taeyeon exclaimed too loudly and Jimin laughed even harder when people started to turn their heads to the new guests who were Taeyeon and friends.

 

“Shussh.. just read the new message and smile wider like a donkey!” Jimin teased further when Taeyeon’s phone again vibrated.

 

From    : Taeyeon

To        : Tiffany

“Yeah. Couz asked me to go to Disneyland with her and other friends. They said I needed to get up early so we wouldn’t need to queue for too long later. I also will go with Kev from FEM. It’s okay with you, right? I assure you nothing will happen between us because the only one I love is you.”

 

Tiffany attached the message with a picture of her. Tiffany’s face was bare, an indication that it wasn’t long since the brunette woke up. Taeyeon assumed Tiffany just washed her face and maybe took a bath as well since she only wore bathrobe in the picture. The woman smiled altogether with her particular eye-smile that Taeyeon had grown to love so much.

 

“Are you okay?” Seeing the unreadable expression made the manager worried.

 

“Yeah. I just missed her very much.” Taeyeon sighed. She reread the message and just realized that the woman said she would go with a man and not just a man; the very same man who once was duet with Tiffany. Once Tiffany too had told her how he admired the brunette, inciting the fire inside Taeyeon.

 

“What else did she say, Tae?” Jimin asked as she scrolled the menu, trying to find the most favorite menu within the restaurant.

 

“She wanted to go with Kev.” Taeyeon shortly replied.

 

“Wow, this looks delicious. Do you want to order the same thing, Tae?” Knowing how Taeyeon’s mood had drastically changed, the manager tried to avert the topic.

 

“Sure. Whetever you think is good.” Taeyeon nonchalantly said. She decided not to reply the message and just enjoyed the rest of the day with the remaining mood she had.

---

 

“Ugghh I am so tired~~” Jimin stretched her body, trying to break a joint or two as the woman entered the hotel room.

 

“What you did was only touch-up Taeyeon’s make up and you already complained this much. How about me and Taeyeon who did all the work related to the movie, huh?” The manager rolled her eyes.

 

“It’s fine, Unnie. I am quite tired so I think I will hit up my bed real soon. Goodnight everyone.” Taeyeon smiled weakly and went to her room.

 

“But you haven’t eaten dinner, Tae!” Jimin reminded.

 

“I am not hungry. You guys go ahead and have dinner without me.” The latter replied.

 

“But-“ The manager shook her head, implicating that she should let Taeyeon be. Jimin shut up and pouted, feeling sad for her friend. The door slammed and Taeyeon had already gone from their sights.

 

“I am worried about her, unnie.” Jimin stated.

 

“I know. I am worried too but it’s her personal life. We shouldn’t intervere too deep.” The woman commented. Jimin knew her unnie was right so she didn’t say anything more to argue.

 

“Can’t she just move on?”

 

“It’s her choice. You know how it’s easy for her to have man or woman wrapped under her fingertips, right? But she chose not to accept any of them. She even didn’t try to flirt with others. I guess that’s how much she loves Tiffany. Let her be for now.” Jimin nodded her head at the statement.

 

“I am hungry. Would you care for dinner? We can bring some for Tae later.” Jimin’s frown turned into a smile. She got up from couch and approached the manager.

 

“Let’s go!! And we’re gonna buy sweets to boost Tae’s mood.” The manager only smiled and nodded her head in approval.

 

Meanwhile, inside the room Taeyeon was sitting lifelessly. She didn’t bother to change her clothes and just stared at the white wall in front of her. Her thoughts undoubtedly wandered to somewhere else or more to someone. Yes, it’s none but Tiffany. It’s been hours since the last time Tiffany messaged her which hadn’t been replied until now too by the way. Taeyeon deliberately didn’t reply the message but it turned out that Tiffany didn’t get the hint; the clue that Taeyeon didn’t like the idea of Kev accompanying Tiffany; her Tiffany.

 

“Long distance, huh? It’s barely a month and it’s already feel like we’re on the verge of breaking up.” Taeyeon mumbled. She dragged her thumb from left to right to unlock her phone.

 

“I always thought that we are meant to be. But, are we?” Taeyeon Tiffany’s face on the screen. She couldn’t take her eyes off of the picture when they were still living together under one roof.

 

More pictures were meticulously stared at until her eyes started to feel heavy and closed on its own. The last picture seen was the one when Tiffany was asleep during her last night staying in Korea. Her thoughts were clouded by Tiffany and the past she had had with her and yes, that’s the last thing she had in mind until dreamland summoned her.

---

 

 

“Switzerland!! Wohoo~~” Jimin kept on jumping on her heels.

 

“It’s my first time being here! What do they call it again? Zurich, right?” Taeyeon chuckled. She stood up, yawned and threw her blanket.

 

“Uh huh. Let’s go! We need to start recording now; before you leave the plane.” Jimin reminded.

 

“Good thing you remember it.” The manager smiled.

 

“Oh right. Wait, I am gonna wash my face first.”

 

“Is she feeling better, unnie?” Jimin turned to the manager once Taeyeon had entered the bathroom.

 

“I am not sure. Being in entertainment industries for years make you able to mask your real emotion. She can pretend to smile even when her heart cries. So I don’t have the answer to your question.” The manager answered.

 

“We still have quite a list about countries we need to visit. Do you think she will be okay with that?” Jimin pried.

 

“Even if she’s not, she wouldn’t call it quit. You know how workaholic Taeyeon is. She would prefer to cope up rather than to stop. Besides, I personally think, she purposely use this moment as a distraction; you know a way to stop thinking of Tiffany even for a while?” The woman wisely reasoned out.

 

“Then should we help her doing that?”

 

“Doing what?” Suddenly Taeyeon appearead and sat back beside the manager unnie.

 

“Helping you to more expressive. Jimin here has a proposal to make you look crazier than you already are now. She said maybe it’d be better to change the way she applied make-up to your face.” The manager quickly made a white lie and it seemed that Taeyeon bought it.

 

“I see but not thank you, Jimin-ah. I don’t want to wear weird clownie make up just to make you happy.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Yah! I might be young but I am good if not perfect at what I am doing!” Jimin complained. Both the manager and Taeyeon laughed more loudly after hearing the obvious statement.

 

“So what am I supposed to do now?” Taeyeon asked to the manager and her friend slash the stylish.

 

“Here, take it. It’s the bread and a bottle of water. Make yourself useful with this.” Jimin handover the supposedly supporting tools to Taeyeon.

 

“Err,, okay?”

 

“Just act stupid like usual, Taeyeon-ah. You know how to make an expression which will earn adoration and love from your fans.” The manager guided.

 

Taeyeon nodded her head in understanding. She then took some time to prepare herself. She took a deep breath before signaling the manager that it’s okay now to start recording. She tried to look happy eating the bread, playing with her bottle and pretended to dig her nose and threw the dirt after. She chuckled, laughed, and tried many kind of attempts from when she was still in plane until she landed and went carried the trolley out from the airport.

 

“That’s a wrap! Well for now at least.” The manager said. Taeyeon nodded her head and exhaled loudly, already feeling tired from shooting a short movie. She wondered what would  happen if one day she was casted for a drama contained of 50 episodes or more.

 

“Good. I am whacked.” Taeyeon squawked. She stood beside Jimin, waiting for the taxi to pick them up.

 

“We are not going to stay in a hotel, right? I feel so stormy knowing we’ll stay in a flat this time.” Jimin said to Taeyeon.

 

“Well I don’t really care where we will stay later as long as I got the peace and quietness I requested.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“Yes, Jimin-ah. We will stay in 2 stairs flat. Taeyeon will sleep upstairs while you and I will be in dowsntairs.” The manager answered.

 

“Can’t I sleep with Taeyeon? I want to know how it feels to sleep with a well-known idol.” Jimin grinned with full of hope.

 

“Keep wishing, Jimin. Do that and don’t seek for me if you’re found out dying later.” The manager laughed.

 

“What? It’s not like Tiffany can-“ A glare was what it took for Jimin to quickly zip tightly.

 

“It’s fine. Look, our taxi is already here. Let’s go.” Taeyeon walked first, followed by the other two women.

 

“Stop talking about Tiffany in front of Taeyeon. You know how their relationship is lately.” The manager warned as she whispered inside Jimin’s ear.

 

“I am so sorry, Unnie. I forgot. Besides, what happens between those two? I thought they were okay?” Jimin asked innocently.

 

“I am not sure but since we were oun our way to London airport, she rarely touched her phone anymore. Even if she did, it’s only to switch on the music. I just hope everything is okay.” Jimin nodded her head and got into the car. She saw Taeyeon sat on the back seat with her earphone plugged inside her ears.

 

“Poor Taeyeon. I wished I could help her searching for Tiffany’s replacement.” Jimin quietly said to the manager.

 

“She could always do it herself if she wanted to. She didn’t need any help from either you or me.” The manager smiled.

 

“Right. Oh well, I will enjoy the trip. Let’s just hope Tae can too.” The manager nodded her head and they said no more.

---

 

“Where are you going today, Steph?” Michele, her older sister asked.

 

“Oh, I am gonna visit the recording studio to see the team and get more knowledges from them.” Tiffany replied. She brushed her hairs, put on her make-up and applying red lipstick to emphasize her beauty.

 

“I thought you’d be busy preparing yourself for big movie?” Her sister responded. Tiffany put down the make-up utensils and turned around.

 

“I am busy doing that too. It’s just.. You know I love music too and my love for music is not less than my curiosity and dream for Hollywood. Kev invited me and I thought-“

 

“Kev as in Kev from FEM?”

 

“Uh huh. Why do you sound so surprised?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows, walking up and sat beside her sister in the living room.

 

“Is there anything going on between you two that I don’t know?” Tiffany frowned hearing the question or more like accusation.

 

“What are you inisuating, sis? I still have Taeyeon so there’s absolutely nothing going on between us if that’s what you meant.” Tiffany took her purse and retrieved her phone from it. She pressed her thumb on it until the phone unlocked on itself.

 

“Look, you are not staying with me anymore so I don’t really get the complete idea about what’s happening with you lately but I know Taeyeon is a nice person and you both lucky to have each other. You also know that Kev has shown his interests to you in every way possible.” Tiffany listened quietly, waiting for her sister to continue.

 

“So if you’re planning to try it out with a man, don’t stray Taeyeon along and vice versa.” Her sister turned serious and Tiffany put away her phone.

 

“I love Taeyeon and will always do. What I am doing with Kev is nothing but casual hanging out between friends. Besides, it’s not like there’s only the two of us. Our cousin is there too and you know it.”

 

“I know, Steph. But it’s what you’re feeling. The question is, does Taeyeon know it? Does Kev realize that you’re out of reach? You know the exact answer to those question. If you love Taeyeon that much, start showing her and might as well ensuring her that you’re still hers.” Michele advised and it made Tiffany contemplate that what her sister’s saying was nothing but truth.

 

“You are right. I should’ve been more thoughtful and considered her feelings. Taeyeon doesn’t speak much and is terrible in expressing feelings through words. She’s more into actions.” Tiffany sighed, finally acknowledging her mistakes.

 

“And now that she’s not with you physically, how do you think she can still show her love and care through actions?”

 

“She can’t. Godness! What have I done, Sis?” Tiffany clasped her face.

 

“I will call her now.” Tiffany dialled the number she had known by heart. She put her phone close to her hear. Her brows furrowed when no one picked up.

 

“It’s practically midnight there, Steph. How do you expect her to pick your call up?” The woman chuckled, shaking her head at the impatient Tiffany.

 

“Right. I totally forgot. Oh well, I will just notify her with message, that I will go with Kev to meet her friends.” Tiffany said. Next, her phone vibrated, signified a message but it’s not from Taeyeon.

 

“Oh, Kev is here. I gotta go now. See ya later, sis!” Tiffany kissed Michele’s cheek and waved her goodbye.

 

“I just hope you two can overcome any ordeal ahead. Sighed, there are times I wished she’s not a social butterfly like her brother.” Michele mumbled to herself.

---

 

“Wake up, Taeng! It’s almost sunrise.” Jimin tapped Taeyeon’s elbow until the latter groaned and turned her body around, back facing the woman. Automatically, Taeyeon pulled up her blanket and again covered her body and continued to sleep.

 

“Taeyeon-ah! Wake up~~ We need to have a hasty breakfast and we will start shooting you. I need at least half an hour to ensure you are decent.” Jimin tried again.

 

“Later, Fany-ah.” That hust Jimin up. The woman felt guilty even if it’s not her fault that Tae suddenly called her Tiffany. The woman then chose to just sit beside Taeyeon on the edge of the bed and waited.

 

“What are you doing here?” After 10 minutes or so, the black-haired woman finally up.

 

“Uhm.. I tried to wake you up but you didn’t budge.” Jimin carefully answered, hands fidgedting on her lap.

 

“Ugh.. What time is it now?” Taeyeon stretched both of her arms upward, bringing her body to sit up. She rubbed her eyes and tidied up her hairs using her left hand.

 

“5 am?” Jimin grinned.

 

“What are you doing waking me up this early?” Taeyeon growled.

 

“Hey we are planning to visit that mountains that you really desire, remember? We need to leave early so I woke you up so we can get a quick breakfast before the departure. We also need to take few shots inside this flat.” Jimin stood up, helping Taeyeon to fold the blanket while Taeyeon still tried to get sober.

 

“Grindelwald. Yeah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter