DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

"I'm Sorry". EunTae said.

I can't stop my tear from falling down from my eyes. This is the moemtn I first hugged by a woman, in front of my parents. I'm so sad. EunTae wants to cry also that time, but she's stopping it. trying to be strong for me not to cry anymore. But I really can't stop crying. She released her arms from me. Then I fell down the ground sitting. I was looking straight at my parents' grave. It was so grassy, 3 inches I bet. EunTae turned into my parents' grave and said:

"Hello, I'm EunTae, your son's friend. He's here to visit you. I know he misses the to of you". She said, I was still staring at the grave. Until EunTae picked me up.

"Come, talk to your parents" She said.

I'm out of myself, could they hear me? I don't know the answer. It took a minute for me to wipe my tears. I walked towards them, and bowed. EunTae was just standing after me that time, looking at me. Suddenly, she also bowed to my parents, for respect.

"Mom.. Dad.. I'm here"

Quiet. No one is around except EunTae and me. "I missed you". I closed my eyes, a tear fell down. I'm stopping my emotions. Controlling. I hold the ground, from the distance I could reach, to bottom. I hold the grass, like I was going to punch. But EunTae suddenly hold my shoulder.

"Are you OK?"

"....."

I can hear her, but I cannot answer.

"They are still in your memories, in your heart. Please, don't cry".

I heard it atlast. I bowed again, like I was bankrupt. We stand together, and I faced EunTae. "I'm sorry.... Thank you". I said. I shouldn't told her that I missed my parents. She didn't know they were dead already. I expected she'll hugged me again. But not. She hold my hands, and looked straight to my eyes. I can see that moment, she was as sad as I am.

"You're not alone". She said.

I my breath loosed. I was then OK. But I'm not smiling.

"They're still with you, I know. Like my parents do".

"How'd you know? Can you see them?"

She smiled. "...No, I can't, but I know, I feel they're with me.. Guiding me..from afar".

I then looked around us, trying to look for my parents, but all I can see is trees, graves, EunTae. I took a big breath, and smile at EunTae. She released my hands.

"Go. Talk to them".

I turned around, faced them at the second time. My voice were chilling like cold. But I continue.

"I'm here, I missed you. Mom... Dad.." I said.

"I hope you were OK. Don't worry about me, I'm OK. I'm with EunTae, I'm safe. Look, grass were already tall".

I pulled the grass, removing it from my parents' grave. I don't have enough energy to do all that. I stopped. I saw EunTae, covering with her hands, crying. She closed her eyes and turned back at me. I can see, she's crying than I do earlier.

"Why are you crying?"

"Nothing, I'm happy for you".

I don't understand, why?. Then she wiped her tears with an handkerchief. then faced me again, smiling. Smile. I didn't asked for anymore questions.

Later on... EunTae and I were sitting on a stone near the grave. I can feel the wind, seems like it's saying something. All I can hear is "wsshh". I know she do the same. EunTae then said, "It's getting late. We must go back". She stands straight like ready for the fight. Stretched her arms.

"Aren't you want to go back?" She asked.

"........Ok then." I replied.

I stepped away from my parents' grave.

"Bye DongHae's Mom! Bye DongHae's Dad!" Said EunTae.

I stopped walking. Smiled. But she didn't saw it. She's busy with Goodbyes.

"Hey! Wait for me!" She yelled.

 

When we reached the city back. Walking together. I bought Icecream, for us.

"Thank you".

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I'm stupid".

"No. It's OK. I also want to appologize. I know what you feel. I also lost my parents. But your luckier".

Luckier. How am I? I can't understand her. There are times she's talking like crazy. But I asked "WHY?".

"Nevermind". "Anyways, Thanks for the ice cream, I know Tiffany is looking me the this whole afternoon".

Afternoon. I realized, It was already dark. I looked at my watch. 6:15pm already. I didn't noticed the time 'cause I'm out again of myself. I was surprised when EunTae tossed our Ice Creams.

"Cheers!" She said.

"Maybe we can visit your parents together, too?" I asked,

She'd just smiled. Then she asked for my mobile number. She gave me her mobile and I do the same. I saw her wallpaper, different from what I saw in the hospital, a rose. Then my dream went back. I pressed out my digits and gave the phone back. As I was saving her number, I noticed something, her last fou-digits were the same like mine. 1-0-1-5. But I didn't told her that. It's wierd. Then like what happened last time, she yells "Good Night!".

"Good Night." I replied.

Then I waited. Waiting for her to fade on the street with people. Then I told myself. "Ask her to be with you until in her apartment". I gathered some energy, maybe because of ice cream. I ran as fast as I could, Chasing her. I bumped lots of people. Children. I reached the corner of the street. I saw her. Riding a bus. I ran again. But I didn't reached the bus. She sat near the back seats, beside the glass window, still, eating ice cream. I am exhausting. Tired. So I go home now. Felt sorry to myself, and promised to be with EunTae when she go back their apartment.

I was walking ahead of the street near our apartment. I saw a woman, and a guy. Fighting, they are not husband and wife, I knew. I supposed to continue walking until I saw the guy snap the woman's cheecks. She fell down. Crying. I ran into them. I stopped the guy but he told me "You're out of this bussiness!!".

"Please don't do that to a woman". I pleased.

He get some timing. he punched me. I was tired that time and I might fell asleep on the road. But I remembered EunTae. Her smile. So I stand up, and punched the guy. We faught, my lips and eyebrows were bleeding.

"Stop it!! Please stop!!" Shouted by the woman. She saw a police. But we are not stopping fighting, I'm losing. Until the policeman got the fight controlled. He arrested us, the guy and I. At the Police Station, the guy were throwing words to the police at me.

"We're not finished yet! B****!"

I know. He'll might kill me whenever I met him again anywhere. The woman accused the guy. She wants him to be in jail.

"Please Anna, don't do this! I love you! You love me, right?"

I saw the woman sob. But she told the police to continue bring the guy into jail. After almost an hour, they let us go, the woman, and I.

"I'm sorry, you must not hurt if you didn't mind".

"I know but I can't take a guy hurting a woman."

"Thank you, thank you.."

I said goodbye to her. I left her smiling but with tears. Maybe the guy is her boyfriend. I pity her. So much.