DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

After my work, lunch time, I call EunTae by phone. I invite her to eat lunch with her. She accepted. It was aslready 1:30pm when I called her, and I thought she ate her lunch already, but its not. I suggested we'll see each other at the park, at the yellow bench. I asked her to wait for me for 3 minutes. I was ashamed, how could I let her wait for me? But I have something to do. After that, I ran to the park. I looked at the yellow bench where I asked her to wait for me. She's not there, I worried. Maybe she didn't accept on what I've asked her, to wait for me, or she's still on her way there. So I waited for her. I looked at the river. Downwards, I saw the water blows up like a fish jumped. It happened so many times, until I got curious, I stand up and looked closely. I thought it wrong again. It was just rocks, throwed my EunTae.

"Hey!" I yelled.

She looked at me from behind and said.. "You're late. You said only 3 minutes? It's almost 6".

"I said we'll meet at the bench, and not here". I answered. She just smiled like always. I asked her "Why are you here?".

"I'm want change sometimes.."

"What do you mean?"

"I'd always sitting there, at the bench, but I can't do anything exept looking at the river and sitting.."

"So...."

"So I sometimes go down here to throw lots of pebbles into the river". She said.

I saw her throw 2 pebbles at a time. I copied her, I picked up a pebble and throwed it into the river. As I throw the pebble, she said something..

"It's far"

I know. I really did that. I throwed the pebbles as far as I can. Then I challenged her. Like in a game we did last time.

"Ok.. The one who'll throw the pebble farther will be treated in a lunch. Deal?"

"Deal!". I thought she'll not accept my game, she knew I can throw farther than her. I should do this at my best.

"Here I goo!!!!!" She yelled as she throwed the pebble. Almost 5 meters from us. She smiled at me and said.. "C'mon! You'll lose".

"How'd you know? You saw it I throwed the pebble far".

"Really? Let's see...." She was grinning at me.

I prepared myself for throwing. Then...

"HEEEYYY!!!"  She distrupt me. Like cheating. Because of that, I just throwed the pebble 2 and half meters from us.

"Whatta?!!!! You cheated!"

"I didn't.."

"You did!"

"No"

"You cheated"

"I think so"

"Haaayyt! Whatever!"

I surrendered again from this woman. I can't believe that she can cheat at that game. Its unfair, but she's smiling, not confused on what she did.

"So, you'll treat me a lunch, right?"

"OK! OK! OK!"

She laughed as loud as she can. Tap my back and said.. "Better luck next time". Then she walked as I followed her. I smiled at her back. The feeling that I felt when we are in the bench came back. Happiness. It's priceless. Worthy. Two steps before we reach the ground of the park, she stopped.

"Hey, why?"

She can't speak, and I saw in front of her, was Yoona. We both were shocked. Yoona is there, just standing in front of us. She saw me and EunTae together. I wished she'll not shout at us, or even thinked we're dating.

"Mr. Lee, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Uhhm... We'll gonna eat our lunch.."

"Together?"

"Yes.. Why?"

EunTae was still speechless, just standing, and gradually bowing her head. Until Yoona talked to her.. "Ms. Park, are you dating with him?"

EunTae and I was surprised, and shocked. Yoona's question is personal. And we both know were not. She answered "No". I felt heartbroken. I don't know. Maybe because I like EunTae and I'm thinking we are dating most of the time I am with her. But when I looked at her, she's like sad.

"Good for you, well, I know you have lots of things to do. I just passed the paperworks on Mr. Choi's office and you'll be the one to fix it. Right?"

"It's lunch break, she could do it later." I said.

"But the papers are more important, right Ms. Park?"

I looked at EunTae and asked her to continue our lunch break but she ignored and said.. "Yes... I-I-I should finish those first before anything..." She said with a painted smile. I know its not OK with her. But she walked. Getting away from us, from me.

"Ok, I'll go back to work also". I said.

"No you willn't, you said you'll eat your lunch right? So... come on". She said.

I looked at EunTae, she also stopped from walking. She heard Yoona.

"No, It's OK. I'm not hungry.."

But Yoona hold my arms. Like I was arrested. Then I looked at EunTae again, she continued walking. Away. Until I couldnt' see her. I would break from Yoona's but I can't, Its tight. Like she was a guy. I can't get away from her. And do nothing, but to be with her... Again.

I was worrying that time. "EunTae was disappointed for the second time again.." I whispred to myself. I can't eat the food in front of me, I played with it instead. Yoona tried to feed me but she couldn't. I'm with her, yes, but my mind still in EunTae's.

"Why you're not eating?" Yoona asked.

"I have no appetite"

"Ok"

She just asked that question and did nothing. She didn't even asked me again that question. I continued thinking of EunTae. I picked my phone up and texted her.

"EunTae-yah, I'm sorry, Yoona's with me this moment, I didn't expect this. Wanna eat dinner later? I'll finish my work early, I'll escape from Yoona later."

I waited for her reply, I keep on looking at my cellphone. Even Yoona was finished eating, EunTae wasn't making any reply. When Yoona excused herself to go the comfort room, I received a tect from EunTae. Excited.

"OK"

Even it was just a two letter reply from EunTae, I'm now OK. I got my energy back, 'cause I thought she was sad, disappointed. But not. So after work. I looked at Yoona, and excused..

"I'll go down to submit this papers.. Then I'll go home."

Yoona is supposed to stopped me but I ran. I pressed the elevator as fast and many as I can. Yoona is running, following me. But she failed. As I was on the elevator, my excitement were getting stronger. I can't wait. I texted EunTae..

"Be at the parking area, I'll wait for you there.."

I wasn't expecting any reply from her. I knew she read it. Then I waited at the parking area. I saw her. I called her in a silent way. She walked fast as she could so that no one's gonna see her. When she reached me, I begged sorry.

"It's OK... c'mon.."

We were like spy agents that time. Hiding from Yoona. Until we reached the second street from the company's. Laughing. Smiling. Exhausted.

 

-----To Be Continued-----