DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

 

Time has passed so fast that day. I didn't even know it was already dark. EunTae wasn't at the apartment anymore. At that point, I chose to sleep.
 
The next morning, back to work, one day to go before going to Busan. It feels unusual, like it was my first time going to the company, I almost forgot my office. As I stepped in, there was Mr. Choi.
 
"Mr. Lee!! You're back!"
 
"Yeah, I'm back to work."
 
"Good to hear that, so... What?"
 
"Where's my work?" I asked.
 
"Oh, you forgot. You're Yoona's secretary, remember?" Mr. Choi replied.
 
"I remembered.. I'm sorry, my memory falls down." Then we laughed.
 
When I stepped outside the office, I saw EunTae, she was wearing red, same color I was wearing. I stared at her and ask her..
 
"Are you ok?"
 
"What? I'm ok. Why?"
 
"Nothing, just wanna greet you."
 
"Stupid. Go back to work now."
 
Then she continued walking. Suddenly, I grabbed her hands and asked to eat lunch later that day.
 
"I'll try.." She replied.
 
But that time, I know she would. I just need to wait for hours before it. So I head to Yoona's office, as I opened the door, I was shocked of what happened.
 
"Oppa! I miss you! I'm glad you're fine now!" She said, she was hugging me like a child. As that time goes on, she was talking to me happily.
 
"Are we going to Busan tomorrow?" I asked.
 
"Of course! The company needs you there."
 
Again, it was like there was something was pinchhng my heart. I'm scared again. Yoona was speaking, talkative actually, she keeps on describing her sight for that meeting.
 
"How important is it?" I asked.
 
"You didn't know?"
 
"I'm not going to ask if I did, right?"
 
"Well, it will be the last meeting of the company in Busan before we open the auditions."
 
Auditions. Our company was a talent maker. They made a group of stars popular, like F(x). They were the one who first made a concert around the world in Korea. They've been recognized also.
 
Since I was a child, I want to become a singer instead of being an athlete.
 
"Can I take the audition?"
 
"You? Hahaha!" Yoona laughed.
 
"Why?"
 
"You're taking the audition? Are you kidding?" She said. She keeps on laughing like she was going to die.
 
"Yes. I'm serious."
 
"Are you? Really? Please stop it!"
 
"I really am."
 
"Ok, look, when you auditioned, you'll be disappointed." She said.
 
"Why?"
 
"Only those who have talents are required to take it!"
 
"I have a talent."
 
"..To work. Haha!! Anyways, please continue your work here. I'm glad that your back. And, don't ever try to audition ok?" She replied.
 
She was underestimating me. It wasn't good. I seemed to fight with her, like to protect my personality. But I didn't, I know there is someone that could recognize me. So I continue my work, again.
 
"I can't remember how to do these.." I whispered myself.
 
I tried to adapt myself back to work, to assisstant. It took me several hours for that, but finally, I did.
 
It was lunch, time to have time for me. As I remembered, I was supposed to eat with EunTae. I called her phone..
 
"I am here." 
 
"Where?" I asked.
 
"At the..."
 
"BENCH!" I scolded.
 
"I'm waiting for almost 50 minutes." She said.
 
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't noticed the time."
 
I ran to her, at the park. I saw her eating burger, and she was looking straight away as usual. As I was walking near to her, I asked..
 
"Why didn't you wait for me?"
 
".. You know why."
 
"Yes. Why burger?"
 
Then she gave me a burger, still warm. I opened it, it has bacon, cheese, and cabbage.
 
"It's my favorite."
 
"Really?" She asked.
 
"Yes. Since I was a child."
 
"Anyways, have you already heard the auditions?" I added.
 
"No, not yet."
 
"I will take a try." I said.
 
Her reaction was like Yoona's. But the difference is, she was like she spit the burger out of .
 
"Are you kidding?" She asked.
 
"Why? What do you mean?"
 
That was the time I surrendered. I'll not take it anymore. It just makes me a clown. I'm getting mad that time. But suddenly...
 
"It's great!" She said.
 
I was shocked. Like dreaming. She praised me for that. And maybe she was encouraging me. But there is something tells me that she was just putting me in her jokes.
 
"Go for it." She added.
 
But my bad feelings about it changed in all of a sudden. I got surprised.
 
"Thanks!" I replied.
 
"What talent were you show?"
 
"I'll sing." I replied.
 
We were talking without looking at the time, it was already one hour has passed. A called from Mr. Choi was received by EunTae. They talked for a while, until she said..
 
"I have to go now, he want to prepare for tomorrow."
 
She put her food down, on the bench. Then she go. And I was left, alone again.
 
When I get back to the company, Yoona wasn't there, but she left a note in my laptop.
 
"Mr. Lee! Please prepare for tomorrow. I'll call you, ok?"
 
After I read the note, I felt sad instead of scariness. I don't know why but my day seemed ruined though it was not. I decided to go home that time, my body became heavier. I'm not sick. I know. All I felt is loneliness.
 
When I reached the apartment, I noticed a pair of shoes, I got curioused, so I go inside. Sitting on the sofa, there was Wook, busy with his baggage.
 
"Hey! DongHae! Long time no see!" He shouted.
 
"Yeah, you gained weight. How are you?"
 
"I maintained my weight, so I didn't...."
 
As he was talking, I was daydreaming, I don't know what. I'm crazy maybe. Until Wook tapped my head.
 
"Hey! Are you ok?"
 
"Oh! Yes, what did you said?"
 
"I said 'how are you?' What happened to you? You're out of your mind again."
 
"I'm just thinking..." I said.
 
"Anyways, here, I brought you something. From my mom..."
 
"I'll check it later... I'm tired.." I added.
 
Wook didn't stop me. He let me go to my room and rest instead. As I was wondering so many things. I looked at my closet.
 
"The diary."
 
Again. I forgot to give it back to EunTae. My memories are slowed now. What I do is put it in my bag. So that I can give it to her tomorrow. But I was teased, I opened the diary again. I read a page of it. Saying..
 
"I don't know what to do, diary. I was stupid enough to die. I saw him again. He called me to give his appologies. But I ignored it, I couldn't make him ask for another chance. He left me there, he was ashamed. I can't call him back, I'm afraid he got angry. And then I started to feel guilty, I sobbed. And ran home."
 
It seemed a lonely story for me. It happened for real, I only see it on television, but I thought it wrong. And think if it'll happen to me also. And wish it not.
 
"Hey, what are you reading?"
 
I was shocked, Wook was behind me as I was reading the diary. I closed it fast.
 
"What in your business? Don't mind me here!" I said.
 
Wook tried to get the diary from me but he couldn't. I put it inside my shirt so that he will not get it away.
 
"Yuck!!" He yelled.
 
"Stop. Ok?" And then he got out of my room.
 
I put the diary back to my bag. And put my bag under my table, and closed with a chair so that whenever Wook tried to find it, he can't.
 
It was already dinner. I felt asleep when Wook wake me up. He prepared too many dishes. Seems someone has celebrating his birthday. There was a plate of my favorite sushi and a bowl of beef stew.
 
"Why did you prepared so many food?"
 
"For my homecoming of course. You supposed to this but I know I'm not that important for you so I do it myself instead." He said.
 
"Whoa!! You're now the best actor!" I said. I laughed at him.
 
"I'm serious.. You didn't even clean the apartment and I'm going to do it.. Again."
 
"Oohh, Wook, it's not what I mean. I want to prepare food for you but my schedules almost kill me. And y'know what? I'll clean the house for a week after the meeting tomorrow, for you! So don't be sad. You're my bestfriend, actually my brother. And I care for you. Ok?"
 
At that time, my goal is to comfort him. Yes, it really was my fault. I forgot that today is the day of his comeback. When he was listening to me, we were eating the food. And then to fully celebrate his welcome, I put a champagne on the table, he called Tiffany by the phone inviting her to come. But all she replied was..
 
"It's late, maybe next time."
 
Wook and I almost was a drunken man, he talked of something about his vacation, but all I do is to daydream. Until he tapped my head.
 
"Hey! Are you listening! I said, 'How's your life alone!"
 
"....Fine."
 
"Good. But the time you got sicked, who took care of you by the way?" He asked.
 
"Tiffany.. And EunTae.."
 
"EunTae? Who is that woman?"
 
"She was Tiffany's friend. My officemate." I replied.
 
"Oh maybe she is the one you always think of. Haha! You should court her, DongHae."
 
When I heard that, I can't understand my feelings. Happy.. Sad.. Excited.. And more. It really was a mixed emotions. My heart beats a little faster, and after a while, I miss her.
 
Maybe Wook was right. I should court EunTae before other could. Since, I felt very comfortable with her and I can feel the feeling that I never felt before. And as days goes by, it was me, noticing, that I really was falling inlove with EunTae. And I wish, she do the same.