DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

Mrs. Oh is asking me the same question for 2 times. The question, "How could you manage the company's  employees without deducting the monthly salary?". I don't even know where to start. What. I really don't know the answer for that.

"Ms. Im's secretary didn't seemed prepared for this meeting. I must question her for hiring you as her secretary". She said.

She invited the other members to finish the discussion immediately. I'm not finished with this meeting either. I'm still searching my past experiences related to that. But all I can think is my apartment, and EunTae, and all she have said to me since from the start. Until I remembered the time I bumped her, that she doesn't even want me to help her. And from there, I'd made my answer.

"There is no way of managing our employees without a deduction to any of our earnings". I answered.

Mrs. Oh stopped from standing and asked, "Then why?"

"Our employees' loyalty to work should have a reward from the company. Even me as a secretary, or even you as Board Committee. It's like a 'no pay, no work' policy, right?"

At first I thought it was wrong. There are no response of any of the members. Especially Mrs. Oh. The members then continue their step, one is just a half step away from the door. But suddenly, Mrs. Oh speaks, no smile.

"Then..."

I'm pressured to what she will say that time. I may prepare my bags and packed out.

"That's the meeting all about.. Good job". She added.

People inside the room were smiled. I don't know why until I realized I answered it right. They clapped. But only Mrs. Oh didn't smiling, clapping neither.

After the meeting, I saw EunTae outside the meeting hall. She was like worried or something.

"How's your report?"

"Bad.."

"Then why are they smiling? I heard claps inside. Huh?"

"As bad as best"


She was surprised. Happy. She congratulated me for it. And I just smiled, took a very deep breath and say..

"It's just a goodluck"

"How'd you say so?"

"..It's a secret".
I said.

Without her knowing that she was the reason why I answered it correctly, without me, knowing the connection of bumping her to paying the employees. Weird, really.

"OK! Fine!" she said.

It was my turn to laugh at her. She was so curious for the answer for her own question. She's getting mad now as long as I keep on not answering her.

"Hey! Why are you like that?!". She said.

"I said it was a secret. Don't worry, I'll tell you that oneday".

"I doubt it.."

"Don't"
. I said.

As we were walking to somewhere, she asked about what I've said on the phone earlier, before the meeting starts.

"You mean you didn't heard it?" I asked.

"I think so".

"It's nothing.."
I was really shy to say it in person. In front of her.

"OK.." But she's like a cat pleasing a dog not to fight with it.

"No, actually...uhmm.."

"I said that..."

"That...."

"You inspired me"
I added.

"Now I know it's nothing. Really". She said.

"Why?"

"I'm joking.." "I'm glad I was your inspiration. I felt overwhelmed. I hope you could me my, too".

Hearing that sentence, came from EunTae, or the one you admire was heartfelting. It's out of my world's feeling. We are in the elevator that time when she said that.

"I know you'll go to Yoona.."

"How'd you know?"


"You would tell her what happened of course. It's a recognition for you, and her"

The elevator then stopped at the floor where Yoona's office is there. She let me go and she was left at the elevator. Alone. I can Yoona about the meeting even tomorrow, the next day. Or call her. But looking at EunTae alone at thd elevator seems like she was imprisoned. Sad.

"PSSTTT!"

Yoona was calling me from her office. I walked to her office and she asked what happened in the meeting. I told her everything happened.

"Really?! You mean you did it?"

At first she wasn't believing on what I've said. She thought I was lying. Until a call from her cellphone caught our attention.

"Hello?.... Mrs. Oh?... Really?..... Uhmmm.. Ok... I'll tell him"

Yoona was like me before entering the meeting hall. Shaking. She received a call from Mrs. Oh. The suddenly she just yelled.

"Oh My God!! Mr. Lee!! You did it!! You made them contented! Mrs. Oh told me you did a good job!"

And now I am the one who can't beleive what Yoona is saying. Until I saw her face really was happy.

"A...A...A.. I know.."

"And that's not the only thing. She wants you to be a representative next week! Remember?"

I remembered. I will be with Yoona next week for the meeting in Busan. But as what she said that I'll be one of the representatives of the company next week.

"Really? But I don't think I can do it"

"You already did!"

"It's different!"

"It's not"


"There'll be lots of rivalries there and their representatives would be better than me. Goodluck was just fell at me. I don't think I can do it again. And in front of hundreds of people."

"Just do it like you did in the meeting earlier." "I'm proud of you!"

Yoona then hugged me, tight. And getting tighter. Its awkward to me that moment. She may do anything like kiss me. So I released her ang thank her for the compliment.

After an hour of discussing it with Yoona, I decided to think of it until friday. EunTae was calling me through phone. She asked me to meet her at the park.

As I was walking at the park, I couldn't see EunTae from there.

"Where is that woman?" I whispered to myself.

Then I think that she was near the riverside. I looked at there and she's there.

"EunTae!"

"Hey! You found me!"


She was throwing pebbles like she does. I walked down there and asked her, "What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Hobby?"

"Maybe." "So, what's about the meeting?"


"Fine, they want to be a representative next week for Busan meeting"

"Next week? Well, I'll be there, too"

"Really?"

"Yes, Mr. Choi will be there"

"I forgot."

"I'm still bothered, DongHae"

"Why? What's bothering you?"

"About you"


I blushed that moment, doesn't even think she could say that.

"What about me?"

"I felt like...... I met someone really special.... And.."


The rain falls down. EunTae didn't finish what she was saying.

"It's raining! We have look for a roof!"

"..What are you saying?"

"Nevermind!"

"But what is it?!"

"Don't mind it now! I'm getting wet!"


We ran and ran but we can't find a place. Until I grabbed her hands. And...

"Why did you do that?!"

It feels like I was out of my mind. I kissed her. In her lips. I also got shocked, I can't beleive I could do that.  EunTae seems to slap my face. But she didn't .

"I'm sorry"

"Look! We're so wet!"

"It's ok... It's ok..."


Then I hugged her. Tight. She was struggling. But she can't removed herself from me.

"I like you..."

I whispered her. Then her body seemed to be calmed. Then she only replied, "Thank you"

At that moment, I can't understand my feelings. Mixed emotions. I could cry that time but I was stopping it. My world stopped even for a while. Her body was warm. And she's comfortable maybe but I know she's awkward.

"I'm sorry..." she said.

EunTae then ran away from me, leaving me under the rain alone. I would like to follow her but she ran so fast. I'm scared of what she may felt that time.

Mad... Ashamed... Anger...

Maybe she felt those. I'm not thinking she loved what I did. I did it very impulsive.

I walked heading to our apartment. It's already 5:00pm. My soles were wet and my clothes were heavy. I took a bath thinking of what happened between EunTae and I. I was cold. Stopped from bathing. As I changed my clothes, I chose to do the chores. Wook is still not here. Lot's of garbage, stinky laundries, messy floor, dusty sets, and lots of plates to wash. And speaking of plates, EunTae's lunchbox was still there. Remained unwashed. I continued washing it, all of those. I just left there in the plate strainer.

I also continued on cleaning the whole apartment. Lots of sneezing, coughing. I was tired of cleaning the apartment. I laid down at the sofa and eyes closed. I'd later on went asleep.

When I woke up. It was already 7:26pm. I didn't know Wook was calling me for 7 times. And then he just texted me saying..

"Hey! You're not answering my calls. Are you busy? Don't forget to clean the house! Tiffany told me you're not taking care of our apartment. I'm going to punch you when I saw its dirty when I get back there!"

I replied..

"I just cleaned the apartment. I got tired cleaning it so I slept. Don't worry, all here was clean. Take care there. Tell your parents I'm greeting them. Ok?"

Then I also saw missed calls from Yoona. But no text messages.

I would cook noodles for my dinner. I saw EunTae's lunchbox and it really caught my attention. I was cooking while I'm looking at it. I remembered her. Thinking again if she was mad at me. I want to appologize when I see her. It's really my fault.

"Why did I born stupid!" I shouted. I punched the wall twice. I really felt guilty and ashamed that I did that.

"Would EunTae still talk to me? Eat with me? Of all I did?"

I wish EunTae still would like. And I really  hope so.