DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

 

The next day, my temperature lessen. I'm better. I decided to go home to also lessen my payments to the hospital. Tiffany and EunTae are with me until I got at the apartment.
 
"Uhhh... I really miss my apartment. My bed. Everything here!"
 
"In just two days?" EunTae asked.
 
"Yup! I know that. Obviously. He may miss everything for only a day." Tiffany said.
 
I didn't mind them, I just spending the most of that time at my bed. Tiffany and EunTae called to deliver food. Until it came.
 
"Wow! Is there a reason to celebrate?" I asked. Surprisely.
 
"We have.." They said.
 
"What?..."
 
"It's between us girls.. None of your business."
 
"Here. Since you shouldn't eat heavy meals. You could eat this instead." EunTae said.
 
She gave me two bowls. A beef soup and kimchi. I was staring at it like I couldn't believe that it will only my lunch for that day and they will eat good food.
 
"Is these all?" I asked with envy to them.
 
"No! There's more."
 
"Then give it to me!" I said.
 
Tiffany gave me a cheese sandwich. This girls are like going to make me a pitiful human being.
 
"I want that also." I said.
 
"You shouldn't. It's bad for a sicked person's health, right Tiffany?"
 
And Tiffany replied, "Yes!"
 
Then they started to eat. I felt envier that time. Looking at them, eating delicious food than I was. Soup and kimchi, and bread.
 
"By the way, 2 days to go before you go to Busan, right?" EunTae asked.
 
"Yeah, I should recover my energy before it."
 
"Eunie, you'll be there also, right?"
 
"Yup. Why?" EunTae asked.
 
"DongHae and you could go there together."
 
"We both knew that. But the thing is, Yoona wouldn't like that idea." I said.
 
Tiffany was talking about Yoona later on. She was so mad at her. Saying..
 
"Don't mind that girl! She's just your boss and not your mother!"
 
"It's fine with me. We'll see each other when we're already there, right DongHae?" EunTae said.
 
"...Yeah." Though I agreed with Tiffany's idea.
 
We were talking so long until they bid a goodbye again. EunTae checked my temperature before they leave. I asked her to stay even for an hour but she ignored it.
 
"I have to wash the laundries at our apartment." She said.
 
"Let Tiffany do all that."
 
"NO! It's EunTae's turn for it. C'mon!" Tiffany said.
 
She pulled EunTae until they reached the street. I was looking at them by the window. And EunTae made a look at a second at my room's window before she continue on walking.
 
"I'm all alone again... Aaayt."
 
Since I was still sicked, I chose to rest. Maybe when I woke up, I'll be super fine. No more fever.
 
When I woke up, it was already 5:00 in the afternoon. Hungry. I called Tiffany on phone and asked to deliver my food.
 
"We left your dinner in the fridge, just put it on the microwave." She replied.
 
I rushed there and saw two topperwares. It was kimchi again and some slices of beef. I first wonder if one of them cooked those, or bought. But the taste is good, it was bought. I daydreamt for an hour before going back to bed. Thinking of the dream I dreamt weeks ago. It was so unforgettable.
 
"I should consult an expert for that.." I said.
 
Then I went back to my bed. Before I could close my eyes, I remembered something. Important. Really. So I walked towards my closet and there was EunTae's diary. Safe.
 
"You're staying so long here at my closet.. I couldn't make a plan how to give you back to her... Soon.."
 
I was talking at it. Maybe it will respond, but it's lifeless. I read a page again, not so different from the most of the pages. But a shorter message.
 
"I didn't made my day, Diary. It rained. We aren't able to see each other. He called me, I was already at the place, he says he will not be there because of the rain. That is why, from now on, I hate rain. Super. And I hope our date will soon come."
 
And also because of what I've read, I remembered the kiss. Under the rain. Until now, I couldn't believe it happened. First time.
 
"I wish EunTae likes me too.." I whispered at the diary.
 
"If ever it happened... I should be the happiest man living."
 
"If it doesn't happened... Maybe I'll choose to be single. Forever."
 
Saying those words are so funny. I mean, I'm talking to no one, and making a drama. It wasn't a good thing, I may be crazy so I decided to sleep. I put the diary beside me. At the table beside my bed.
 
Like what I've dreamt the last, a woman's voice again talks to me.
 
"Protect her. Fight for her." She said.
 
And I tried to ask her questions but I suddenly woke up. It was early in the morning, 3:00am. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't.
 
"That could be a nightmare.."
 
I don't know what my dream means. Even the first one. All I know about it was, it is all about my love life. I hope it was EunTae. So that it will be an interesting history I could make in my life.
 
An hour later, Tiffany came in. She was holding a plastic bag again and her shoulder bag. I know it's time for me to eat.
 
"Hey, you woke up so early." She said.
 
"Yeah.. I got a nightmare."
 
"Tell me..."
 
"Nevermind. I'm hungry." I replied.
 
She put the plastic bag on the table and prepared it. Then I eat. She make her coffee and sit in front of me. She was looking at me like I was dead. Pity.
 
"What?"
 
"You seemed to eat your last meal one week ago.." She replied.
 
"It is because you always bring noodles and soup."
 
"..Because your sick."
 
I continued eating while we were talking. About Wook.
 
"He'll be here soon.." I said.
 
"Don't be excited, you must clean your apartment before he arrived."
 
"I know. You'll help me with that, right?"
 
"Who said?" She said.
 
"It's enough to take care of you in almost a week. I'm not a maid." She added.
 
"I'll ask EunTae then."
 
"I'm sure she couldn't. She just asked for 3 days, and she must go back to work. Tomorrow." Tiffany replied.
 
It was the last day of EunTae's leave and tomorrow, she will work again. I wish then that she'll visit me that day. I couldn't lie to myself that I miss her. Really. She affected me strongly.
 
"Will she visit me today?" I asked Tiffany.
 
"She said yes."
 
"What time?"
 
"Don't be excited. I know she'll visit you today." She replied.
 
As I heard Tiffany's words, I can't wait for the time EunTae enters the door and greet me. And also, I was eating very fast. Seems like I got an extraordinary appetite. My tummy supposed to ache because of that but I just can't wait for that girl.
 
An hour ago, Tiffany went out to clean my blanket and go to work after it. I was alone for another hour until the doorbell rang. It was EunTae, I panic, I don't know what to do first.
 
"DongHae! Are you there?" She shouted.
 
"I'm coming! Wait!"
 
Then I opened the door, she wasn't carrying anything except for herself. Of course.
 
"Why did you opened the door so slow?" She asked.
 
"I went on the bathroom, that's why. Have you ate your lunch?"
 
"..Yup! Just an hour ago." She replied.
 
She looked like haggard. Sicked. So I asked her and she was. "Weak", She said.
 
"Maybe you caught it in me." I said.
 
"I think so. I took my medicine already, don't worry."
 
She sat on the living area. Looking for something to play with. But all she found was a photo album. My photo album.
 
"Hey! Don't look at it!" I yell.
 
It was a photobook of my childhood. She may see my picture when I was a baby. I was trying to grab it from her but I failed.
 
"I'll just look at it!"
 
Seconds later, she laughed.
 
"What'da? Give it back to me! Don't and never look at it anymore!" I said.
 
"You're picture was funny. In a toilet bowl."
 
She keeps on laughing at me. I felt embarassed. Ashamed.
 
"It's just when I was a child! Of course, I'm not with the world's normal thinking that time!"
 
"But sitting in a toilet bowl, with a bottle of milk....."
 
"...STOP IT!" I shouted.
 
It was like my fever will come back. My face blushed. A woman saw my most embarassing picture.
 
"Why did you keeped that if you'll just hide it?"
 
"...MEMORIES."
 
She suddenly became quiet. I was expecting her to remember her family because I mentioned "MEMORIES", but she doesn't. She instead talked for a different topic.
 
"Memories.... That word reminds me of a book."
 
"A book? What book?" I asked.
 
As usual, she didn't answer my question. She was staring at the outside, from the window.
 
"What's the problem?" I asked.
 
"Nothing.."
 
"Help me clean my apartment.. Please."
 
"Hahahaha!! I knew you'll say that."
 
She helped me. We clean the house so long, almost 2 hours. I cleaned the part of the apartment always near to her. So that I could see her most of the time.
 
When she was cleaning the window, standing in a chair, she fell. But she wasn't fell into the ground, at my back instead. I was cleaning the floor that time she fell.
 
"Awww..." She said
 
"Are you ok?" And I put my arms in her shoulders. She was really hurt. She was sobbing.
 
"My back..."
 
"Come, rest for a while.."
 
I carried her until we reached the sofa. I lay her there and massage her back. It was awkward at first. I know she felt the same, too.
 
"I'm fine now, thank you.." She said.
 
I know she wasn't fine that time. She maybe disliked the moment I am massaging her back. All of a sudden, she talks..
 
"I don't understand my feelings.."
 
"Why?"
 
I was waiting for her answer. She was thinking. I hope she'll say...
 
"I think I'll fall for you..."
 
I wish so.