DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

"I thought you're strong.." She said.

"Then..."

"...You're not. I mean You didn't finished eating all of you food than I did".

She was trying to put me up on her joke. To make me laugh. It's not funny. But I pretended that it was. I laughed.

"Yes! I'm weak, really".

"Why?" She said.

"...Because I didn't finished eating, right?"

It's not what I mean. I was just a normal person. And I couldn't eat lots of food like a tiger do, or a shark, and I told her that.

"Same with you.." She said.

"But you finished those?". I stopped walking, waiting for her reply. She stoppe walking 4 steps before me and said...

"Cause you said I can, That's why".

I knew I encouraged her that she can do that. But it's weird. She maybe explode on doing that. Confusing.

"By the way, I want to go to the park this time, is it OK with you?" She asked.

It's getting late now, I know she knew that. It's already 8:00pm. But it's ok with me since there is no one waiting for me at home. Whe reached the park, I was heading to the bench where I know she was going to. But she stopped me. I looked at her and she was sitting on a swing. She asked me to push her slowly.

"I remembered my childhood" I said.

"Why?"

"I used to be in there sitting and asking my frinds to push me always".

"So... You mean you were like owning the swing?"

"Yes..  Funny, right?" I replied.

"Yeah, cute".

I don't know what to say next. I keep on pushing her, a little harder this time. Waiting for her to say anything. Or waiting for her to say "Wooo!". There was silince for almost a minute. Meybe she is tired so I lessen the force of pushing the swing.

"Wanna try?" She asked.

"No, I'm big enough to be in there."

"It's OK, It's strong enough to carry you."

"Ok".

So we switched position, It's her turn to push me now and I'm sitting on the swing. She said "Ready!" then she pushed me as hard as she can. I was like flying forwards and backwards. My childhood memories came back. It feels good. I can feel her palms, warm, and soft, at my back.

She said she remembered something in her childhood also while she was pushing me. I asked her "What?"

"My father always pushing me whenever I was on the swing..."

I already knew she was sad again without looking at her. I'd stopped the swing and looked at her now.

"You're so lucky with you parents.." I said.

"Yeah, they were my bestfriends". She walked towards the yellow banch while talking. I stand up from the swing and follow her. It''s all about parents now. But as she was talking, describing her parents, I can't stop on thinking of my parents also.

"They always made me happy, always, comforts me whenever I needed". She added.

I waited for her to finish talking about parents 'cause it's too anooying for me now. She's emotional when it comes to her parents. I know it now. I want to change the topic but I couldn't. Almost 10 minutes of sad stories.

"I'm sorry". She begged.

"for what?"

"For loneliness tonight. I maybe destoyed your night because of my stories, always about my parents".

"No. It's Ok. I knew you're just missing them, right?"

"Yeah, always".

"So what if you visit them?"

"I think so." She replied.

She stand up and walked away from the park. We reached a night market. Then a few steps later, we saw lights from a building, many lights, colorful, beautiful. She picked up her phone and took a picture of it.

"It's beautiful right?" She said.

"So much".

"I loved this, I maybe in here everynight to see these lights. Beautiful.." She said.

We were like a child that time. Innoscent. Like it was just our first time to see lights like that. We are both amazed. It's like a fireworks display on the city without fading.

"Wait! I forgot! YOu didn't have anyone at your apartment!"

"Yeah, for two weeks, why?"

"Nothing..Are you fine with that?"

"Actually I'm not. I couldn't eat normally this coming days." I replied.

I thought she'll come with me at our apartment tonight, I waited for her to say that. Excited. But she didn't said anything. Wierd.

The next morning, A call from Tiffany bother me from sleeping. At first I didn't mind it, only with the second one. I got annoyed o I answered it.

"It's too early! what?!"

"I'm here in front of your apartment!"

"Go inside!"

I heard the door opened. It's Tiffany. But I'm still on my bed. She walked in front of my door and knocked it out. I shouted, "Wook wasn't here!"

"I know! I brought you a breakfast!"

"Thank you!! just put it in the table! Then leave!"

"....from EunTae!"

My eyes went big, heart beats faster. Surprised. So I ran into my door and opened it. Tiffany was shocked. She said I ws like a monster with my hair and face expression.

"Where?"

"relax! I put it there at your table. Why are you so like excited?!"

I looked at the table and I saw a yellow lunch box. I can't wait to eat what's inside. Especially It's EunTae's work. Tiffany asked me to wash my face first before eating. She was yellng at me talking about the apartment's condition.

"I'm going to tell this all to Wookie!"

I don't mind on what she said. I'm excited. While I'm on the bathroom, washing my face, smiling.