DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

I never expected this so much. I know it was totally wrong, but she's my boss at the first hand, I couldn't do anything, but to follow. I love my job at their company, I spent so much time, 4 years, just to work there. And I'll never waste it, never. I go home sad, thinking of what will happen tomorrow, the next day, week, and months. I'm like I was like I lose in a battle. So sad. I got home at last, safe now, I felt hunger. So I went to the fridge, and saw a bottle of beer. I drunk it. It's not enough for me, to forget what Yoona did to me. I stepped outside, at the balcony, sat there and think for a while. My dreams, we're getting back in my mind. At that moment, at last, I forgot Yoona even for just a couple of minutes. It's time for me to sleep now, I covered myself with a blanket, like a cocoon. I waited for tomorrow, hoping for a change.

The next morning, Wook wasn't around, he doesn't even cooked for breakfast, I noticed a piece of paper in the table. There was a message from him saying..

"DongHae-yah! I for got to tell you this last night, I'm going to visit my parents. I'm not able to cook food for you for 2 weeks. But I left stocks there. Don't worry, I'll be back soon. Don't bring any woman there OK? And please clean the house OK? I hope you understand, so I wished you were OK there! See ya'!"

After I read the letter, I tried to cook my own breakfast, "I think I should train myself alone, cook for myself and do the laundries", I said. Ididn't know how to cook, just fry. I saw eggs, I fried it. It's hard for me to cook eggs now. Its smoky in the kitchen, and even the rice, were burnt. After that, then I ate it. I tried to finish eating my food, but it wasn't taste good. So I decided to cook noodles instead. I was bored, I'm not late for work, but I took my bath at put my clothes on and go now. I'm walking so slow, taking my time. I choosed to walk rather than riding any tranports. I was wandering that time, as I saw Tiffany. She was walking together with EunTae, I called them. They first didn't saw me 'cause they're far. But I waved my hand walking towards them.

"DongHae! What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked.

EunTae were just listening to us talking. When I answered Tiffany's question..

"How are you?" I asked EunTae.

"F-Fine. I'm fine".

"So, why are you two doing here?"

Tiffany replied, "we're just walking around. Exercise maybe".

"Like what I'm doing...". I said.

I invited them to have a breakfast, since I only eat noodles, and a burnt eggs and rice. They weren't hungry they said, so  they suggest to drink coffee instead. We reached a coffee shop near us. It's almost opened a minute ago. We choosed to sit in the table near the door. and ordered.

"Cafe latte for us three please". I asked the waiter not to make it sweet. I don't want so sweet foods. Then I added... "and a breakfast meal, for me".

"Aren't you ate your breakfast this morning?" EunTae asked.

"Of course! Wook wasn't there at their apartment, so no one will cook for him". Tiffany said. She is telling EunTae about my lazyness. "Cooking...Cleaning...Laundry...etc".

"I'm not perfect OK". I said.

"I know! And burning eggs, hotdogs and meats were your favorite, right?"

"Whatever..."

Then EunTae laughed, at us. "I can't believe it. You can't even fry an egg". She said.

"OK..OK!!! I admit! I can't cook anything! OK?! Was that enough? Or I should cancel your orders?" I said.

They stopped. For a while, then continue laughing, I can't prevent to laugh also. So we laughed together.

Our orders then were given to us. It smells good. I asked them to share my meal but they said, "Thank you, but you needed that, we know", as they were laughing again. As I was eating and they were drinking their cup of coffee, I asked EunTae about work.

"It's OK so far, I'm still  kepping myself trained for the new atmosphere". She replied.

"Why? Did my boss already shouted at you?"

"No.. I mean, I'm just adapting my self.. you know.."

I know she's talking to Yoona. Comparing our Bosses. I saw her smile. Better than yesterdays.

"By the way, who's Yoona?" asked Tiffany.

I answered Tiffany's question. In a minute. But I didn't told her or them what happened last night. When I was with her and she pretended that I was her boyfriend. Some of my words were fouled. I know. But there's no other words I can say to describe Yoona. So offending.

"...She's not like that". EunTae said.

I can't believe it. She is protecting Yoona, her image to us. For all the bad things Yoona did to her, EunTae still is protecting her. Then I proved that EunTae was kind-hearted.

"Eunie... Why are you protecting her?" Tiffany asked.

"Yoona was just like that. She used to get all she wants. I understand that".

"But she sometimes hurting you.." I said.

Her eyes got big, like she saw a ghost. Then Tiffany just yell at her.. "hurting you?!!" . I know that Tiffany were informed about that, but not. EunTae chose to hide it from her. Maybe not to worry for her.

"No! She's not." EunTae replied.

She looked at me like a child pleasing. So I used a lie to Tiffany. "I'm sorry, I'm just joking".

"Really? Was that really a joke?!"

"Yes! I'm sorry, I thought you'll laughed at that"

"But It's a serious issue."

"I don't know. I'm sorry."

Tiffany went calmed. But she warned us. "If I discovered Yoona's boss were hurting my friend, I'll make her ugly!"

Both EunTae and I just said "OK" and laughed. Effective lying.

It was late now, for us Euntae go to work. So we bid goodbye to Tiffany, and we go to the company together. As we are walking, she opened up the issue again.

"Why did you said that, It's my secret".

"SECRET? Why?"

"I don't want Tiffany worry 'bout me so much. She may even force me to resign to the company".

"But it's true.. She's hurting you."

".....please."

She pleases me again. I understand. So I will never say that again, It's now our secret.

We stepped on the company now, used the elevator and say goodbye to each other. I walked heading to Yoona's room, I looked back, EunTae was still there, she waved at me, like saying goodluck. I smiled and also waved. Then I opened the door. I saw Yoona, busy with her computer. I greeted her goog morning but she ignored like it was nothing. Until...

"Why are you late?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. It's traffic outside". I lied. I already lied to my boss so many times. Its not good I know but I have no choice.

"really?"

I thought she found out the truth, its not traffic. I waited for her to asked me of something again.

"Or you're just dating?"

"D-D-Dating?"

"I saw you with EunTae in front of the building, aren't you?"

My heart beats faster. I'm scared, I answered so calmly, pretending I'm nor afraid.

"Yes I was..but..."

"It's not a dating hour! And in front of the company?! What the H***?!!! then you'll come so late?!!"

"I'll explain..."

"No!! I don't need your explanation, traffic huh? You lied already, I know you'll lie on me again so stop explaining!!"

I thought she'll fire me out of the company. I attempted to say sorry but she blocked me. She instead said...

"I'll not fire you or even report you, in one condition..." She said.

"What condition??" I was curioused that time, thinking of a bad condition now. Like dating with her again, or something.

"You'll be with me in a meeting on Busan next week. OK?"

I thought it wrong, It's about work. My heart beats to normal now, not scared anymore. It was my opportunity now to show her what I can do to the company, even if I were just her secretary in weeks.

"O-Ok." I replied.

"Well then, go and continue working". She asked.

I'm proud of it, even it was all small. I never asked to be in a meeting before even in my Boss'. So I was happy, excited that time, and to tell EunTae, Tiffany, Wook 'bout that. I felt like I was a child iven a lollipop. It's a big thing for me. Then I looked at Yoona, smiling. And I smiled at her also. Then I whispered to myself..

"Its a better day"