DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

Walking back at our apartment, I was still thinking of EunTae. "Should I abandon her and let her go home by herself? Or should I accompany her?", I whispered to myself. I can't decide, I looked back at where she is walking that time, but couldn' see EunTae anymore, she's gone. I regret of that. So I have no choice but to continue walking back home.

I entered our apartment, silently. I knew Wook's asleep, so I walked tip-toed. Then I set my bed with LeeTeuk's birthday gift for me, a blue bad sheet. I'm comfortable with it, though LeeTeuk's must gave me a yellow or black colored bed sheet instead. I disn't noticed the time, I got my eyes closed and fell asleep as Wook does.

In the morning, Saturday, no work. I and Wook decided to go shopping and buy groceries together. We went to a mall and there, we see Tiffany, she is working on a Hotdog Stand. We approach her without her noticing us. We pretend to be customers.

"How much is this?". Wook asked.

"₩24 sir."

"Give us 2 please". I said.

Tiffany couldn't find out who we are. Then Wook suddenly smiled, with sounds. I think he couldn't take our pretending anymore. He faced at Tiffany and she got shocked.

"Hey! Wook? and.... DongHae?". She asked with wondering.Then we remove our caps for her to see its us. Tiffany couldn't speak that time while pointing at us, surprised maybe. Then I pulsed her into her forehead.

"Yeah! Its us! Wook and Hae!" I said. Tiffany woke-up from being surprised. She smiled at us, she hold her spatula and tried to throw it to us. But customers were buying that time so she can't. Wook said we should wait for her break and talked to her since we are not running out of time. So then we wait for almost 1 hour, eating Tiffany's cooked hotdogs.

"What are you two doing here?" She asked while taking her apron off.

"We're just buying groceries for stocks at home". I replied.

"So, your working as a vendor there now?" Wook said.

"Yeah, I need to earn money". "No ones' gonna do it for me". She added.

"Then you must find your husband right away?" Wook hoaxed.

The three of us laughed. "Husband? I'm not thinkinf of it this days. Or even years. Boys might just hurt OUR feelings!". She pointed her fingers to us. Laughing. I hold her pointing finger and put it down. Explaining of everything about marriage. But she disagreed of it. She's really not ready of being a wife someday. Our conversation took almost an hour when I asked Tiffany about EunTae.

"How's EunTae?"

"She's OK. I bet there's something happened last night, she entered out apartment smiling all the way to her bed". She said.

"Really? I think so." I said.

"Are you with her last night?" She asked.

I lied at Tiffany, I don't want them to know I'm with EunTae last night, they're just tease me. I pretend that I was on my office last night. Working with so many paperworks.

"Hey! I'm out of place right now? I didn't know Euntae, who is she?" Wook asked.

"She is my friend, my room mate. DongHae didn;t told you 'bout her? He is with her when EunTae fainted in the center of the city?!" Tiffany scolded.

"Really?" Wook replied. He thinks of something that time. I must know it, or Tiffany must. we waited.

"So, uuhmmm.... Maybe she's the girl DongHae is worryin........"

I hurried stuffed Wook's mouth with hotdog and laughing. I said..

"Hehehe... Yeah, I was with her when she got fainted, I already told him that, Tiffany". I said loudly.

Wook tried to remove my hands from his mouth, he's mouth was full of hotdogs. Then I carry him off the chair.

"Ok, We must go now, we have lots of foods to buy!" I rushly said. I am not releasing my hands neither.

Tiffany again wondered of what is happening that moment, trying to stop us from letting go.

"Hey Wait!! What does Wook talking about?!!" She shouted.

"IT'S NOTHING!". I replied.

I rushed Wook to the elevator, there I removed my hands from his wet mouth. Gross.

"What the...! What's with you?!" He asked madly to me. Sticking out the hotdogs from .

"It's nothing, there's lots of thing we should buy, OK?" I replied smiling at him. But he's throat I think was blocked. I helped him.

After shopping and buying almost we are looking for. We go home. I arranged our groceries and told Wook "I'm just going to the market again, I forgot buying something". But actually not. I lied again. I want to go to the seashore, the park, where I and EunTae used to when we are trying to catch up with the security guard.

Not so far, I looked at the company, "Big company isn't it?". I said to myself. I can't believe I'm currently working at that company. Actually, It was a Recording Company, I tried to auditioned some of their contest but I failed. I want to become a singer since I was a child. I used to sing in the bathroom, in the street while heading to school and to sing for my parents. Tlaking about my parents, I reminisced them. I sat on the yellow bench where I and EunTae sitting last time.

"Mom... Dad..."

I was so sad, thinking of them, honestly, I missed them. They were already on peace. My mom as I remembered was hit by a bus the night my Dad was calling him on the other side of the street. And my Dad dies on a plane crash. Traumatic. I can't accept the fact that they were both dead. I really really missed them.

"PSSTT!" A voice came from somewhere at my side.

I looked for it, It was EunTae, eating burger and soda. Maybe she's on her free time also. I can't take out of my parent's topic. I can't smile. Until EunTae asked me if I were OK.

"What's the problem?"

"......I missed them"

"Who?"

"My parents".

"Where are they?" She sitted beside me, asking more questions.

"Go and visit them if you missed them, DongHae".

On her words, I can feel the comfort. She asked me her burger. I have no apetite. I wait for her to finish eating. Then I asked her if it's ok for her to go with me. At first, she asked time to think about it. Then she asked "where?". I didn't answer her question.

"Just answer yes or no?"

"....O-O-OK." maybe she's scared of the tone of my voice.

I asked her to follow me, follow me until we reached to where I am going. She's worried about me I knew. She can't do anything but to follow me as I've said.

We reached the train station, she is talking to me but I'm not answering, I was trying to hide my feeling, I almost sob at the station, I thinked of them. Then we reached the place.

"Where are we?"

"We're here to visit my parents"

She was shocked. Was afraid, she tried to walk away from me but I reached her arms.

"You said you're coming with me. You said OK, so don't give back on what you have said. OK?"

Then we continue walking, grassy, peaceful, but no one could notice it was the place for peaceful bodies. EunTae were looking around, trying to escape maybe, but she's not. I stopped walking, she bumped my back.

"Ouchh. Why did you stopped walking?"

"....We're here"

"Where?"

Then she stepped in front of me, she saw a dome-shaped soil surounding with cemented walls on the bottom.

"There. My parents were there". I said.

I saw her head bowed. Lonely.

"I'm sorry"

She appologized in no particular reason. She turned around and faced me. She saw me sobbing, standing straight. But my knees were weakening. She stared at me. Looking straight to my eyes. Walked slowly towards me. And I didn't noticed, she was already hugging me. tight.