DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

After lunch, as I was working for the paper, someone came in, EunTae. Both of us was shocked, I know she was resting at her room at that time, or that day. But I was totally wrong.

"DongHae?"

"EunTae.... uhhm."

"Why are you here? what are you doing here?" . She's curious. She tried to point at me, but she can't. I know she is thinking of something related on what happened yesterday. I tried to explain this to her but suddenly, Yoona speaked.

"OH! Ms. Park? We thought you were sicked?"

"Yes I am, but I'm OK"

"Good to hear that. Well, you must work now, in the president's office"

"P-President's office?? Why?"

"Why? Because I and the president decided to switch secretaries. And DongHae likes to work here, at my office". Yoona lied.

My eyes got bigger on what I heard. It's not true.

"....EunTae, no..." I tried to explain this to her but Yoona always blocking me to say what I want to say.

"Go now, the President is waiting for you there".

She went out of the office running, like jealous. I want to appologize but I'm so far from her now.

"EunTae! Wait!"

I can't reached her. She went into the elevator. I tried to go inside but I didn't. I returned back to Yoona's office, mad, angry. I shut the door madly, like I want to destroy it.

"Why?!" I yelled.

"What? Is there something wrong?"

"Wrong?! All of these are wrong!"

"Why did you say so? You're just working for me. You know your work right? So, what's the problem?"

"You! Why did you told her that I'm happy to work here at your office?!"

"Its true right? You almost work a half of the papers. Excited"

"I'm not! I want to finish it so that I'll be not here, with you!"

Yoona walked in front of me, and snap my face. I stopped yelling at her. Think.

"Why? You don't want me? You don't want to work with me? It's ok! But you treat me as a street-children. Am I disgusting?"

She's right. There is nothing for me to treat her like that. She's EunTae's boss, and my. I have nothing to say. But my feelings were still mad. I want to go back to normal.

"I'm sorry. I want to go back to my boss"

"I know. Then go! I don't want to be with you anymore. You hurt me now"

I can't make a step. She turned towards me, walked, and sitted in her chair. I picked my laptop and silently went out of her room. She throwed papers on me and said..

"Let's see." She dared.

I have no idea of what she will do in the future, or to EunTae. I'm worried. I walked until I reached my boss' office, knocking. I walked in, I saw my boss but EunTae wasn't there.

"Mr. Lee! What happened? I thought Yoona and I switched secretaries?"

"She told me to get back here"

My boss was curious that time, thinking of what really was happened. then I asked her if EunTae went there. He replied "No". Then I rushed to go downstairs. I want to talk to EunTae, and explain. I was looking every left and right until I reached to the main door of the company. Still, I was not able to see her. I tried to call her on the phone. She answered it.

"Hello?"

"EunTae-yah! I want to talk to you".

"Why? What happened?"

".......Where are you?"

"Here..." Then she hang up the phone.

She was pretending she didn't knew what happened to the company, to us. I tried to put a clue on my head on where I could find her. Then I tried to go on the park. Then there she is. Sitting. Maybe that place was her favorite. I am now calmed. Then slowly walked towards her. She noticed me from behind.

"Why? You should be in Yoona's office, working"

"I want to explain". I replied. I sitted beside her.

"Yoona and my boss were switched secreteries"

"I know".

"Yoona said I'm happy to work with her".

"Yeah"

"...but honestly....."

She suddenly looke at me, listen.

"....I'm not."

She respond nothing. Maybe thinking that I was lying. I'm waiting for her response, for a minute. Until she changed the topic. She looked towards the river, and said..

"I remembered"

"What?"

"The day we went here, for the first time".

I doubted. I knew she was always here. At this yellow bench.

"FIRST TIME?"

"Yep." She answered.

I listened to her. Carefully.

"The time we were running, and got here, I said it was my worst day ever, right?"

"...yeah, you were angry that time".

"You said your happy that time also, right"

"yes." I was curioused.

"I lied". She said.

"I felt the feeling you felt that time. Happy". She smiled. "I didn't and I'm not expecting that it'll happen to me, ever in my life. But it happened".

I don't know what to reply. I just smiled. And listen to her. She explained to me what she really felt that time. Happy.

"You know what? DongHae?"

"What?"

"The time I was fainted, I dreamt of something weird". "I was walking with Snoopy, here. We were happy. We run, we play. It's fun. Then I got hungry".

"Then..."

I asked her to continue on what she dreamt of. I was surprised about her answer.

"I was with you."

"I thought you were with Snoopy?"

"Yeah, I don't know but It all happened. You were with me"

We laughed and laughed. Suddenly she break the noise of us. Saying, "That's like this moment, I thought I were with this bench, but you were here. With me."

She's getting out of the story now, I want to appologize on what happened earlier.

"EunTae.. Yoona lied earlier".

"I know" She was now listening to me. I must say this to her.

"I'm so sorry"

EunTae looked at me again, smiled, and said..

"I have nothing to be jealoused of, were just friends. And if ever Yoona want to be your girlfriend, I'm out of it".

"I don't like her"

"...OK"

"I already found the one whom I should like".

She smiled and stand up. "We must go to work". I'm not able to continue on what I supposed to say to her. So I shouted..

"I LIKE YOU!"

She turned around and faced me. Smiling.

"I like you EunTae..."

"I'm hungry". she replied, out of my words. She asked me if I want to eat lunch, I accepted. I was now smiling, like a big thorn from my back removed. I see EunTae, also smiling. I know she accepted my appology, we're OK again. But the last words I said to her was still bothering me, I'm ashamed of it. I'm glad EunTae is not getting it up again on a conversation.

"I'm happy..." She whispered. I heard it. I just prentended. But I was smiling. Also, HAPPY.