DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

 

I didn't mind that I got asleep while waiting for my visitor. Just when I woke up, I saw EunTae. She was reading the magazine that Tiffany read. And also, she brought a plastic bag of oranges.
 
"You're here.." I said.
 
"I'm here a minute ago."
 
"Are you Ok? I mean, about..."
 
"Yeah. I'm ok. I don't want to talk about that."
 
Again, she was avoiding to talk about what happened to us. I always find myself guilty whenever I see EunTae. And also keeps on asking and blaming myself, "How could I've been a bad person to her?".
 
"Have you already ate your lunch." I asked.
 
"Have no appetite."
 
"Why?"
 
"I don't know. Here, I brought you soup. Don't worry, I bought it."
 
She wasn't smiling. Never at that time. Maybe still mad at what happened. But if she is, why is she with me? Like when she feed me her porridge, it was happening again. But this time, a soup from a store.
 
"I want you to eat with me."
 
"It's all enough for you. And I'm not hungry."
 
"Then I'll gave you.." I said.
 
I get another bowl and shared a half of the soup she bought for me. I gave her more than I left for myself. As I gave her share, I saw her she was trying to ignore it. Then I hold her hand and let her to hold it.
 
"Here. C'mon, you said you didn't ate your lunch. I don't want you to be in my condition."
 
"Thank you."
 
It's like a magic, she smiled, and like for a very first time. My heart seems there's a needle removed from it. And I joined her smile, I wish she'll be like that, always.
 
As we were eating, I saw her chick, it has a mess there, I asked her to wipe it but she wiped the other one. I laughed at her, loudly. She was on panic on finding the mess. I keeped on laughing until she removed it.
 
"Why are you laughing?"
 
"You're funny wiping the wrong chick."
 
"What's funny there? When I also saw someone with it."
 
She was talking to me. I wiped it but it was also the wrong one. Then she can't stop herself on laughing. At last, I removed it as she did. We are like crazy that moment, laughing at each other. A nurse approached us and said..
 
"Please, keep quiet. There are patients sleeping.."
 
"I'm sorry.." We said.
 
After she go, I laughed again. EunTae stopped me from laughing and hit me with a small pillow in my legs. Until Yoona walks towards us.
 
"You two seems happy. Aren't you?" She said.
 
"We were just playing.." I replied.
 
"Oh. Really? Like children? Well, it doesn't look good."
 
"I didn't know you'll visit here." EunTae said.
 
"That's why I am here." Yoona replied.
 
It seems Yoona was trying to fight with EunTae. I made a fake coughs and asked Yoona, "What's with you?"
 
"Here, I brought you a soup. I made it myself. Try it."
 
Yoona opened her lunchbox and gave me a spoon of soup. She asked me the taste and I replied, "Good."
 
"EunTae-yah, wanna try this, too?"
 
EunTae just replied, "No I'm ok. Thanks." And she left us. She was running and sad. Maybe because I'd made a compliment at Yoona's soup than the food she made for me. Or something.
 
Yoona asked me about work. About the meeting next week. 3 days to go before it. And ensuring me to be there. So that is why she said "Get well very soon." Of course, I'm pressured even it's too early to be, but it's for the name of our company. Though I'm sick, I can't release myself from work.
 
"Ok, I'll go. I meet the president myself." She said.
 
"I'm sorry, I can't be your secretary this day."
 
"No, it's ok. I know you'll be better soon."
 
Then she touched my chick. Looked at my eyes and go away. I was shocked. She was doing it again. "Isn't she ashamed at what she was doing?" I asked myself.
 
I was waiting for EunTae to comeback as Yoona went out because I need to go to the comfort room. After 10 minutes, at last, she came. I asked her to support me to walk. But..
 
"You do it yourself."
 
"What? Can't you see I'm sicked? I can't even stand." I said.
 
"Can't you see I'm jealoused?"
 
When I heard that, I don't explain my feelings.
 
"Jealoused of who? Yoona?"
 
"What are you saying? What about Yoona?"
 
"Then who?"
 
"It's not who! It's when you said that her soup tastes good.... Than mine!"
 
"Because it's true. I mean....."
 
"Then go to C.R by yourself!"
 
"Hey! EunTae!"
 
She ran away without helping me. I can't stop my peeing. That's why I do it myself. I was like a drunk man while walking. I bumped the walls. My doctor saw me and yell..
 
"Mr. Lee! You are supposed to rest!"
 
"I have to pee!"
 
Until I reached the comfort room. Pee. And when I get out from there, my doctor, and EunTae was waiting standing there. Then I fell down, fainted again.
 
When I woke up. EunTae was sitting beside me, like Tiffany did. She appologized of what happened. I said "Why did you left me?".
 
She replied, "You know it."
 
And then the doctor came and talked about my condition.
 
"Mr. Lee's temperature decreased by 2 degrees celcius."
 
"Is he better?" EunTae asked.
 
"Yes. But we have to take care of him."
 
"How?" I asked.
 
"Just comfort yourself. Please Ma'am, keep all thing that can make him stressed for his faster recovery." He said.
 
I don't know what fever I have now. Deadly or common. I don't know. The doctor acts like it's the end of my life.
 
"Hear it? Don't stressed up yourself." EunTae said.
 
"You made me.."
 
"Your fault." She replied and smiled.
 
She let me slept for some hours. When I woke up, it's already 8:00pm. I'm still tired. EunTae was sleeping, leaning her head beside me. I can't see her face, it's facing downwards, and her hair covers it. I tried to move her hair but she suddenly woke up.
 
"What time is it?" She asked.
 
"8 o'clock already."
 
"Are you hungry?"
 
"No, I'm not.. You might."
 
"No. Want anything? Wait I'll get your medicine."
 
I don't know what I felt that time. I grab her hands and pull her to me. I hugged her.
 
"What are you doing?!"
 
"Hugging you."
 
She was removing my hands from her back but I'm putting it back. Warm. It comforts me.
 
"My doctor said you have to comfort me. Remember?"
 
"I know but.... This is not what he meant."
 
"And also you have to keep me away from stressful things. Right?"
 
"But......"
 
"I'll be stressed when you go.. Please.. Stay here... With me..." I said.
 
She calmed. I couldn't think that I can do that thing. But I really want it. I remember my mother as I was hugging EunTae. And then she speaks..
 
"You're different.."
 
"Why?" I asked.
 
"I don't know. Just feeling it.."
 
"I have a question."
 
"What?" She asked.
 
"Do you LIKE me?"
 
She didn't answer me. All I heard is her deep breath. I tried to ask her the same question but she maybe don't answer it still. So I asked her a different question. But still hugging her.
 
"Are we Ok now?"
 
"Maybe..."
 
"Yes or no?"
 
".... I think I have to enroll myself on a cooking school." She replied.
 
At that answer, I know we are. Though she didn't answered me a yer or no. It's all enough to say, "ok."
 
My hug was getting tighter. I wish it'll stay for a day, a week, a month, a year, decade. Forever. I was hugging her when I fell asleep. I don't know how she removed herself from my hug. She wasn't around when I woke up. Went home maybe. Then I received a call from Tiffany.
 
"How are you?" She asked.
 
"I'm fine. Better now."
 
"Then it's good. How's Eunie?"
 
"She's not here. I got slept and I didn' see her since I woke up."
 
Suddenly..
 
"Oh, she's here.."
 
EunTae was carrying a plastic bag. I'm sure it was food. And Tiffany asked to talk with her.
 
"Hello? Tiffany.... I'm ok...... Uhm.. Maybe later..... I don't know..... Ok...."
 
I don't know what they were talking about. I get curioused so I asked EunTae when she hang up the phone.
 
"She is asking when I will be at the apartment."
 
"I'm sorry. You shouldn't be here because of me."
 
"Don't blame yourself. It happened for a reason."
 
That sentence, I heard it for the second time. From her. I'm shy onto her. She is with me for a day already.
 
"I know. But how's your work?"
 
"I asked the president to give me at least 5 days of leave." She replied.
 
It really was heart felting words. I think it will be another reason to be inloved with this girl. Thoughtful.
 
As the conversation goes on, another call bothers us. It was Wook. Maybe he already knew I was sicked.
 
"Hey! What happened to you?!"
 
"I'm just sicked. But I'm getting well. Just resting."
 
"How come you'd sicked? You don't even cleaning the apartment?"
 
"I don't know."
 
"I'll be back in 3 days, so get well soon, ok?"
 
"I'll do it. Take care there."
 
Then he hang up the phone. And EunTae suddenly talked..
 
"You and your friend really was close to each other."
 
"Yeah. We treat each other as brothers already. In that such way, I could feel love from my family."
 
"Why? Didn't you have any siblings?" She asked.
 
"Yup. I'm the only child of my parents. How 'bout you?"
 
"I have an elder brother, but I didn't see him since I was a child. I didn't know his name either."
 
"Why?"
 
"My mother said that he was lost. They couldn't find him for years. Until they decided to move on and forget him." She replied with sadness.
 
We are sad, again. But I got curioused about his elder brother. Maybe I can help. But she don't want to talk about it. About the topic, again.