DongHae's Diary

DongHae's Diary

 

The day comes, the meeting in Busan started. I was sitting beside Yoona, wearing tuxedo. I can see the people from different companies entering the place. Still that time, I don't know what will be the meeting about.
 
"Should I quit now?" I asked Yoona.
 
"Why?"
 
"I mean, there were so many people in our company that can do this better I know than I'll do." I said.
 
She doesn't made a response. A guest aproached her and asked..
 
"Hi, I'm Mr. Ken from Starship Ent.. You are?"
 
"Hi, Mr. Ken. I'm Yoona from SM Ent.. Nice meeting you."
 
They were talking for so long. I have nothing to do but to listen, when I got bored, I asked Yoona that I'll use the C.R.
 
Outside the auditorium, there were still plenty of media and people coming. But EunTae caught my whole attention. She was so stunning, with simple dress. She didn't see me when she enter the door, only Mr. Choi.
 
"Mr. Lee! What are you doing here? I mean, what are you doing outside?" Mr. Choi asked.
 
"Just relaxing myself here."
 
Mr. Choi laughed, he teased EunTae to laugh also but she just smiled.
 
"Don't be scared, Mr. Lee, it's just a meeting, you must concentrate. Right, Ms. Park?" He said.
 
"Yeah..." EunTae replied.
 
"Ms. Park, you better join Mr. Lee here, he might be fainted by pressure. Hahaha!"
 
"...ok." She replied.
 
Mr. Choi walked into the auditorium, he left EunTae with me outside, just us. I looked at her, she was looking at my suite.
 
"Do I look handsome?" I asked.
 
"Huh?"
 
"You look good." She added.
 
"Same with your dress. You look pretty." I hold her hands all of a sudden. Looked at her eyes and said..
 
"EunTae... EunTae..."
 
"W-W-What?"
 
"I have something to tell you."
 
"Important?"
 
"Extremely."
 
"What is it?"
 
".....Aah-I...Lo..."
 
"Hey Mr. Lee!" Yoona disturbed my chance of telling EunTae my feelings for her.
 
She quickly removed her hands from mine. Yoona saw it, stood at us for a moment and said..
 
"This meeting is not a date.."
 
"I'm sorry, we're just..." EunTae speaks.
 
"Just flirting. Well, if you two will just do it, go!" Yoona scolded at her.
 
"It's my fault. I hold her hands." I said.
 
I tried to protect the two of them, not to fight and for someone to hear us. Yoona suddenly stopped arguing with me, EunTae ran inside without talking.
 
"The meeting will start anytime now, let's go." Yoona said.
 
When the two of us entered the auditorium at the second time, the room was already full, we sat in front, I look around my seat to see EunTae, but she was afar from where I was sitting.
 
"Good morning everyone!" The Emcee started to talk.
 
My heart again beats faster and louder. I can feel the sweat sliding from my forehead to my chicks. And Yoona noticed me that time.
 
"Are you okay? Relax! It'll not kill you. Relax."
 
"I'm sorry, I can't stop, it's my first time."
 
"Remember the meeting with the Board of Directors? Just do what you did there, you can do this."
 
"I will try.."
 
At that moment talking to her, my phone suddenly rang, I received a message from EunTae, I read it.
 
"DongHae-yah, goodluck! I know you can do it."
 
That short text message made me a little bit calm. It helped, also Yoona's advice does. These girls really made me relaxed. And as the emcee entertains us, I looked at the other companies' representatives, they were relaxed, calm, and smiling. Opposite of what I was doing. To make me relaxed, totally, I copied them. I put my hands in my lap and sat properly, I took a deep breath and do it again and again. Until the program runs, the emcee introduced different companies. There were the YG, Starship, and SM Entertainment, three companies that pushing for being the top.
 
"I would like to call the spoke person and the president of Starship Entertainment to start this conference."
 
I was in panic, it really was started. The meeting is about "How would your company contribute to the country?" It's a simple question to have this big conference. But as I know, it will move a company's name in entire country, and also internationaly.
 
"Good morning. I'm Ken Oh from Starship Entertainment...."
 
As he was talking to his audience, I noticed EunTae wasn't in her seat. So I texted her instead of looking around for her.
 
"I'm here, in the comfort room." She replied.
 
That time, Yoona was listening to Mr. Ken, as others were doing. I think it was me and EunTae weren't. Minutes ago, she was back from her seat. I saw an empty chair near her.
 
"Ms. Yoona, I'll just use the comfort room for a while."
 
"Ok. Be back ok? Don't escape." She said.
 
"I'm not that."
 
The truth is, I will just sit near EunTae, she was shocked when I poke her from behind.
 
"Oh my God! You could kill me in nervous! Why are you here?" She whispered like yelling.
 
"Pressure is making me more nervous there in my seat."
 
"So?"
 
"So I want to talk with you. To make me calm and relaxed. Got it?"
 
"No, not really." She replied.
 
I was so noisy from there. Making my seatmates get mad at me. EunTae was getting ashamed of it but she just laughed at them, at me. I didn't notice the moment the first company finished their discussion.
 
"YG Entertainment.. Please, spokeperson and the president, join me on stage." The Emcee said.
 
EunTae and I didn't mind them, we continued on talking, so long. And as time goes by, Yoona tried to call my phone for how many time, thrice I think. I just texter her.. "I just here. Near."
 
"You'll be the next one to speak. Please, come back here, now." She said.
 
"A minute." I replied.
 
EunTae saw me texting that time and told me to go back to Yoona. YG will end their discussion anytime then, so I followed her.
 
"Let's talk later, after the conference, ok?"
 
"Impress us and we will. Goodluck!" She cheered.
 
Before I stand, Mr. Choi was preparing himself for his appearance later. Then I got back to my original seat. Yoona gave me a small piece of paper.
 
"Here, read it when you're blocked. You'll only use this in emergency, ok?"
 
"OK, I understand." I replied.
 
The pressure started to make me very nervous, my knees are shaking, I was like I couldn't stand up. And the moment I'm scared of, the Emcee called us.
 
"SM Entertainment!"
 
I didn't noticed that YG ended their discussion. I got shocked when he called us. Mr. Choi was waving and bowing to other companies, shaking hands. On the other hands, Yoona tapped my back.
 
"Stand up now! Come on! Goodluck!"
 
Then she pushed me. I stand and fixed my suite, then with Mr. Choi, we head on the stage. It was very bright, almost the lights from that room are spotting me. I felt uncomfortable, hands from the organizers are shaking together with Mr. Choi's.
 
"SM Entertainment is one of the most aclaimed entertainment company here in Korea. No. 1 in terms of their talents' popularity........" The Emcee gave and introduction about our company. It was a two-minute-introduction before he gave me the microphone.
 
I was shaking, really, it seems terrible, if I fail, they will kick me out from my work. The microphone is near my lips but I can speak into it. Then I saw Yoona talking with her facial expressions. Like..
 
"Start. C'mon."
 
And my sight transferred to EunTae. Her facial expressions was empty. Like dull. But she smiled in a sudden. Encouraging smile, it was what I've been waiting for, something that encourage me. I took almost a minute before I started.
 
"SM Entertainment was a successful company since then. Our president, Mr. Choi SiWon built this company with his all efforts. In order for the company to raise more popularity, we, his helpers are doing the best of all what we can to lift SM's name, not only here in Korea, but we also want to see and hear our company's name in most of tha parts of the world...."
 
They were so silent. You could here no one except me, and the sounds of cameras when they captured a picture of that moment. I sometimes paused for a while to take a deep breathe, look at the people and her, my nervousness slightly fading out.
 
"Half of the total number of popular bands in Korea are came from SM. They are still reaching the highest peak of success. The company's world-class working style contributes well in our country for the past years, and still making...."
 
When I finished the discussion. I'am not expecting the people, especially from other companies to give me a round of applause, but they did. Yoona, in the front, stand up and cheered me, she was bowing in her seatmates, to Mr. Ken. Mr. Choi, who also stand, head to where I'am standing, hold my hand and shaked it.
 
"What's happening?" I asked him.
 
"Great! GOOD JOB!" He replied.
 
I looked at EunTae, she was clapping, smiling, joyous face ever. I smiled at her and she gave me a wave. That time, I really can't beleive I did it, it's not my talent, to speak in front of many people, in big people of big companies. But one thing is for sure, that I built my confidence there, and impress them, and EunTae.
 
"You really did well Mr. Lee!" Yoona said when we go back to the seat.
 
"Thank you."
 
The Emcee closed the conference with his words. Thanking us. When he was finished, I went to EunTae, to thank her. But she wasn't there, on her seat, nor standing. I looked for her around but I can't see her. Mr. Choi was still in the auditorium but she wasn't.