My Mum's Two 'sons'

Sweet Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I gulped and tried my best to keep staring at my food. 

 

I feel my heartbeat beating hard, I can feel it with my whole body. Omg this is no joke, why am I feeling this way ?

"Ouh Kai ! come here and help me" my mom signalled him to come over and he obeyed her words "Yes, mum"

Yes, mum. 

Mum.

Ok.

"I never thought you have a son ahjumma" A highschooler girl asked my mum. Making my eyes slightly widened. "Ahh..no, he is my son-in-law" my mum said as he tapped Kai's back.

"Ah.. what a shame" the group of girls giggled and compliment him for his looks. Making me gritted my teeth. "Are you okay, sweety ?" I lit up my head and look over Baekhyun.

"Do you perhaps.. take their words by the heart ?" he asked and the chopstick slipped from my hand. Making me slightly gasped.

Oh no, its an obvious answer.. isnt it ?

"Yes, I see" He smirked and munched on the deobokki. "Dont you feel the same way Baek ?"

"I do, but its not serious. You have been with him since God-know-how-long and yeah"

"yeah, what ?"

"You know what I mean, Hae"

"I dont really know what you mean but.. yeah I get it" I grab the chopstick back and finished the last deobokki on my plate. The sweet and spicy flavor fill in my mouth.

"Have you done eating, my dear ?" My mum asked as she take her seat next to me. "Yeah" I smile, but the curve on my lips slowly faded when Kai decide to take his sit next to Baekhyun.

Uhm, okay what ?

"My back feels hurt nowadays and I cant help it but to call Kai to help me, hope you understand" she said and I nod. "But mom, you know that you can call me instead.."

"You are probably busy with your wedding preparations, right Baekhyun ?"

"Yes, mum" Baekhyun smiles and his eyes give my mum a crescent moon shape. "Oh my, you have such beautiful eyes !" My mum compliment him.

I giggled at my mum's word. "Haeree's father used to have them too, oh my, you reminded me to him"

"Its a good thing right ?" Baekhyun asked and my mum nod "It is a good thing indeed" I said.

"I thought you said that my smile remind you to dad" Kai said out of the blue. Making me frozed. But my mum is laughing along his words while Baekhyun just keep on smiling toward my mum.

"He have your smiles, Kai.. and Baekhyun's eye-smile was there too" my mum sighed in satisfaction while looking at her two 'sons'. 

"No wonder Haeree fall for the both of you"

"Eh ?!"

"Ouh, is that why ?" Baekhyun asked and giggled. "She used to say that she love my eye-smile too, mum" he continued.

Oh my..

"So, you fall for my smile all this time ?" Kai asked and I literally face-palmed my face. Oh my god, tell me this is not happening.

"We are done eating arent we ?" I asked and quickly grab the used plate on the table and bring them to the kitchen, obviously trying to run from their questions- especially Kai, ofcourse.

I put the used plates in the sink and started to do the dishes when I feel a hand s from my back. I crept into a smile and let Baekhyun hug me, because he loves to hug me while Im doing the dishes.

"Im sorry Baekhyun" I said, because Im feeling guilty over everything. I have never expect that Kai would be here with my mum.

I finish do the dishes, and wipe my wet hand at the cleaned towel before grabbing his hand to turned around, but the moment I held the hands- I know something is not right.

 

This is not Baekhyun's. 

 

I gasped and quickly turned around. "Kai-" "Hey.." he said softly and smiles warmly. "W-what are you doing here ?"

"What do you mean ? Im just helping mum with the restaurant"

"No- I mean- here.." I blinked my eyes and shook my head "You know what ? Forget it, Im out of here" I walked passed him but he held my hand, making me stop but he didnt even forced me to stop. 

Its like I wanted to.

"..Kai, please"

"Can we talk ?"

"No" I quickly answer and pushed my hand away from him. "I thought you have moved on Kai" I said. 

I hear he smirked "So, you saw me ?"

"Obviously" I turned to him and we are now face to face. "You showed it to me, dont you ?"

"Someone jealous ?"

"Hell no !"

"Then why are you raising your tone, sweetheart ?" he extended his hand to my cheek but I grab his hand and shoved them away. "Kai, we are nothing from weeks ago"

"But your mum keep telling people that I am he son-in-law" he chuckled and leaned on a table. "I cant help it but to feel that you still mine"

He said while crossing his hands. I started to feel weird, he is acting different. This is not the way he used to talk.

"Why are you being like this ?"

"What do you mean ?" he raised his eyebrows. "Ouh please, this is not you !"

He smirked for the nth times and scoffed "Ugh ,I dont even know myself anymore" he ruffles his hair and sighed. 

I feel my hearts clenched at what I am looking at right now. 

 

This is the same Kai.

 

But at the same time he is not.

 

"Is it.. is it my fault ?"

 

He look at me with a questionable face, probably bewildered with my question. "You changed afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter