That Broken.

Sweet Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I just get a shocked of my life when I see my mother-in-law name on my phone screen as it buzzed and ringing. I stared at it- still deciding- should I pick up or..

I come to my sense once it stop ringing. I finally breath. 

Did she know ? That Kai and I are going to get divorce ? Maybe Kai have told her- but.. is she okay with it ?

I remember when she almost faced a heart attack when she find out that her husband involved in an accident, she was infront of me, taking her breath deeply as she dramatically fall to me. I was panicked and almost cry because I love her- just like how I love my own mom.

There is no way she can be okay with this. The divorce.

The phone buzzed and ringing again, the ringing tone weirdly sound painful to my ear. I want it to stop.

"you have been staring at the phone for the good 10 minutes, Hae" I turned my head to Baekhyun, who is leaning on the bed with a book in his hand, a glasses rest on his nose- making he looks like a school nerd. But it makes him looks so adorable- I want to pinched his cheek so badly.

"look at you staring at me" he smirked "is it your habit to stare at things ?"

I break to a smile "no" I changed my gaze to the phone back- still deciding. "pick up, is it Kai ?" he raised his eyebrow.

No, even worse.

"Its his mom"

I hear a faint gasp from him. "did she know ?"

"I dont know.. and I dont know what to say to her"

"I think.. its the best if you just explained the truth-" "that I cheat on her son ?" I cut his word, my voice cracked for a moment.

"then what ?"

The phone ringing for the third time and I pick it up without thinking any further. I take my step to the balcony and close the door, preventing Baekhyun from listening.

"Hello ?"

"Haeree!" I hear her sounds of excitement instead of anger. And that is one thing for sure- she didnt know.

"y-yes mom ? you sounds happy" I grinned "what's up ?"

"I cant believe you ask such questions" she laughed at the other side of the phone- I think I hear Kai's father laughter too.

"its your wedding anniversary tomorrow !"

my eyes widened. 

RIGHT. oh god- how can I forgot it ?

"and I planned to celebrate it together with you two, I have been missing you- ouh and your father too" I hear a slight commotion and I guess it just the two of them fighting for the phone to talk to me.

"Hae- its me appa, how's Jongin ?"

I turned my head toward Baekhyun through the transparent door, he's already prepare to sleep.

"he is about to sleep" I lied. I make myself lean on the door and sighed.

"how are you ?" I asked

"perfectly fine ! how about you, girl ?"

"me too, Im fine" I slightly smile. I missed to talked to them, it will be always comfortable- like Im talking to my own parents. I cant believe I just betrayed them. They are just too kind ..

oh.. what have I done ?

I realized Im in the verge of tears when my sight getting blurry when I listened to their talked and story between the two of them- sometimes they talked to each other and I keep on listening to their cute bickering.

There's a moment when I laughed, and I think I cant stop. Until they say goodbye and goodnight- saying to pass it to Jongin. I just nod and finally hang up.

Just to slide down to the floor and wraped my hand around my knee, bursting to a loud tears. I feel guilty because I cant do as they told me to do.

Baekhyun probably heard my cries when I hear the door sliding open and feel his warm hand around me, patting my head without saying anything. He just stay next to me until I stop crying.

He lift me bridal style to the bed and wrapped the blanket around me and hug me to a sleep.

But I cant sleep tonight. I just need to find out how to told them about the divorce. On our wedding anniversary.

 

 

"where are you going ?" Baekhyun asked out of a sudden.

I though he is not going to wake up this early, I guess I just too loud. "..somewhere" I said, unsure on what I have to say.

"just tell me, I wont get mad- I told you before, is it Kai again?"

I gulped. I cant believe he have never getting mad at me when I talked about Kai. Its like- everyday. When I hear he said "is it Kai ?"

"His parents are coming over ..to celebrate our wedding anniversary" I said and I hear silent. "and you're going ?" he break the silent, and I take my breath.

"Yes"

"why ?"

"Baek, they are like my paremts to me, I cant disappoint them"

"and you decide to disappoint me intead ?" he said, his thorny words just pierced to my heart. Its hurt.

"I though you understand" I said 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter