Chapter 9: love

You Changed My Life

Chapter 9: LOVE

 

Jinye’s POV

 

“Don’t tell Goo Jinye that I like her.” Jonghyun smirked and walked back to his house.

Goo Jinye? Who’s Goo Jinye? WAIT! WAS HE REFERING TO ME? My heart started to race faster and faster and I could feel a strong heat on my cheeks. HE CONFESSED TO ME!!!!!  OMG, SHOULD I ACCEPT HIM? DO I LIKE HIM? I THINK I DO, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

“GOO JINYE! WHY ARE YOU STANDING OUTSIDE THE GATE? COME IN!” that sickening screamed, interrupting those crazy thoughts of mine.

I got back to reality and walked back into my house slowly. Still, a tinge of excitement was within me.

I ran back into my room and locked the door. I jumped on my bed like a 3 year old kid. HE CONFESSED TO ME!!! I wanted to yell out these 4 words out loud but I afraid that sickening would barge into my room and gave me a dressing down.

I jumped down from my bed and took out my diary. Maybe I was insane, I scribbled a lot of 

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

KIM JONGHYUN CONFESSED TO ME!

I’m too happy to say anything I wanted to call Minho badly to tell him! But this was supposed to be a secret, right?

HOLD ON, come to your senses, Goo Jinye! I mean, was he pranking you or was he referring to some other girls?! Don’t get happy for nothing!

I ransacked my bag and dug out my mobile phone.

“Yoboseyo?” a sheepish voice surfaced.

“I’m Jinye.”

“Oh, what’s up? Still brooding over my confession?” he was obviously snickering away.

“YAH! KIM JONGHYUN!”

“So is a yes or a no?”

“Huh?”

“Do you like me?”

“WELL…YES.”

“Okay good. From today onwards, you’re Kim Jonghyun’s girlfriend. Don’t you dare to betray me or I will kill you.”

“WHAT?”

“Okay, I got something on now. I LOVE YOU and Bye yeobo!”

Just like that, I’m his girlfriend? Gosh, SO IT’S A FREAKING TRUTH THAT HE LIKES ME. YES, HE LIKES ME. NO, HE LOVES ME.I’M KIM JONGHYUN’S GIRLFRIEND!

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I threw the mobile phone on my bed, unsure what am I doing. Why am I starting to hurt an innocent girl and I did not even like her? Am I replaying what my ex-girlfriend did to me? Am I going to be a villain like her? Gosh, what am I going to do? Revenge or not?

“Jonghyun ah! Your appa is back.” My umma knocked on my door.

I walked out of my room reluctantly. I wanted to say, “So what if he’s back? He rarely comes back home, does he even care about our family? I don’t give a damn on him.” But, I couldn’t bear to hurt my dear umma. I just walked down the stairs quietly.

“Jonghyun?” my appa called out.

“What?” I mumbled.

“You seemed to be growing taller.” He managed to say.

What the heck.I’m already 18 years old, going to be 19 soon. Am I going to grow any taller? Hell no! If I’m able to grow taller, I would be over the moon. No, I would be staying on the moon instead.

“Ah really? Don’t you think I’m too old to grow any taller?” I rebuked.

“No, you are young. 16 years old only.” He smiled and sat on the sofa.

His words like needles, piercing my heart. Was he even my appa? He did not even remember how old I am. What kind of father was he?

“Dear, our son is 18.” My umma corrected him.

“18? So fast? Sorry, Jonghyun.”

You better be sorry.

“Okay, do you having any more to say? If not, I’m going back to my room.”

“Here’s a present for you. You can go now.”

I grabbed the present from him and raced upstairs. I not sure why but I started to tear up.

 “Jonghyun! Are you crying? What happened?” it was my noona who just came out from the bathroom.

“Nothing, there’s sand in my eyes.” I muttered and ran into my room.

I threw the present on the table and began to cry softly. Memories of appa and I flowed back into my mind.

I had no recollection of my appa when I’m young. My appa was a sailor and he came back home a couple of times in a year. When I’m just only seven, I yearned for my appa’s company. Why? Other kids knew how to ride a bike, play with inline skates just because their appas taught them. But me? There was nothing. My umma had to do housework and go to the kindergarten daily. I had to learn cycling myself. I had to learn how to skate myself. I had to fall million times without support. Luckily, there’s a neighbour friend which was Minho. He knew all sorts of sports when he’s little. He was there when he taught me how to skate and cycle. From that very day onwards, I promised to be his friend forever.

I didn’t like my appa at all. Why am I crying because he forgot how old am i? I’m just a pabo. I wiped of my tears roughly but they were still flowing. This was me, Kim Jonghyun. Once I started crying, it was hard to stop.

“DO YOU HAVE A WOMAN OUTSIDE?” my umma was screaming next door. The next thing I heard was breaking of vases,

I wiped off my tears one last time and rushed out of my room. Noona was already standing outside my parents’ bedroom, knocking on the door anxiously.

“UMMA, APPA! What happened?” my noona was calling out for them.

“Jonghyun ah, what to do?” my noona was in verge of tears.