Chapter 17: Seen

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 17: Seen

 

Jinye’s POV

 

6 months later…

 

I stepped out of the lounge, in tipsy state. Damn, I shouldn’t have drunk too much. Blame those clients, forcing me to drink alcohol with them. Forgot to tell you, my new job was being a hostess. I was dragged by my new best friend, Eun Ri(from chapter 4, if you have forgotten) and came here to get a job. I love this job, I could earn great money easily, with just drinking with those sickening and ert clients for hours, and then I able to end the day.

And how do I become friends with Eun Ri?

*start of flashback*

6 months ago…

I dragged my luggage out of my house bitterly. I already told my father and my stepmother that I would be independent, living outside on my own. My father gave me full support but not my stepmother, since she could not use me anymore. I would not help her with those chores and even cooking for her. I would like to see how she could live without me.

Before I left the house, my father wanted to send me off. He gave me a light hug and slotted a cheque in my pocket.

“Come back home regularly. I will miss my dear daughter.”

By then, my eyes were b with tears.

“Appa…”I took out the cheque. What? 1 million won?!

I pushed back the cheque at him and smiled, “Thank you, but it’s too much…”

“No, take back. It’s hard for a girl to survive out there alone. Although you will be living in one of my condo apartments, I still feel insecure.”

My tears already dropping, I accepted the cheque with lots of gratitude. I gave him a one last hug and walked out of the house. I passed by Minho’s house first. I stood in front of the house and sighed.

“Mianhae, Minho. I’m sorry for not telling you that I’m leaving. You are such a great friend.” I whispered silently to myself. I took out a letter from my bag that was for Minho and slotted in his mail box outside his house. I gradually walked past his house and then…I found myself in front of that jerk’s house. I stood there, looking at the direction of his room. But it seemed that he was already asleep. I laughed bitterly yet my smile was accompanied with those salty tears that started falling off my cheeks.

I left my house and decided to live alone, because I did not want to see the jerk again. He was my freaking neighbour and there was no way I could avoid him if I still lived in my house.

How could I stay in this school? How could I bare myself to look at the new pair of shameless couple? How could I get away from this place of sadness? I already dropped out from my school, not intend to study anymore. I’m going to leave somewhere far from here, avoiding him the rest of my life.

“I hate you, Jonghyun. I hope we will never meet again. Goodbye, jerk.” I mumbled and strolled to the main road. I went to the park nearby first, just to calm myself down.

“Goo Jinye.”

I spun and saw, that Eun Ri girl in front of me. She and her lousy friends kidnapped me before, and wanted to leave Jonghyun, when that time, I was not even close with Jonghyun.

“Hmm, Goo Jinye? I heard that you dumped Jonghyun.” She said and walked towards me.

I tried not to cry, I kept suppressed my emotions when I heard the name, “Jonghyun”.

I bit my lip and nodded.

“I never thought that you will do this! I am so proud of you. Jonghyun is just a playboy jerk, it’s good that you leave this heartbreaker. He hurt many girls before, and I am one of them. He just played with me and using me but he did not acknowledge me as his girlfriend. Never!”

I nodded silently.

“And since you break up with him, let me tell you this. That time, he asked me to kidnap you and torture you. Then he could come in and saved you, to become your hero. This was just to attract your attention of his heroic act and everything.” She added.

I was stunned. That jerk was so evil and scheming! I AM NOT THAT STUPID OLD GOO JINYE OF HIS AND HE TREATED ME LIKE .

 “Are you going to live somewhere else?” she stared at my luggage.

I nodded again.

“Want to be friends? Since both of us are being hurt by Jonghyun, maybe we can be best friends. I will recommend you jobs if you want to earn a living. I will also teach you how to doll up yourself. If there’s one day, Jonghyun saw you, he might be getting a shock out of his life.” She continued her blabbers. No harm of being a friend with Eun Ri, I thought. She took out one of her hand, and I went forward to shake her hand.

*End of flashback*

I felt discomfort in my stomach, and I immediately went to the nearest drain and vomit everything out. DRATS.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Geez. That chicken maniac who was good in holding liquor, which was Onew hyung, wanted to meet me in some lounge. Where was it? I drove with my car (I just got my licence) and glanced out the windows often, just to locate the correct place. A girl caught my eye. She was vomiting. She looked like some hostess by the really really really short dress she wore. Almost able to see her . I did not care and continued driving. This area was so sleazy and ... WAIT.

I think she looked damn familiar.

I quickly drove back to the place where I last spotted that girl but she was already gone.

Damn, she looked like Jinye.

 

*********************************************

 

I finally found the lounge that Onew hyung was at. I went into the room he booked at gasped. I saw so many bottles of hard liquor on the table and…he was busy flirting with two girls from this lounge. AISH.

“Jonghyun, sit down.”

I just sat down. “Hyung, don’t drink so much.”

“I’m good at drinking okay? C’mon, drink with me.” He passed me a bottle of XO. He was telling me to drink the whole bottle of XO by myself??

“Hyung…You know I at drinking. I will turn tipsy with just one small cup.” I pushed back the liquor to him. “And you ask me to come over to see you flirt?”

My question was left unanswered.

“Eh Liz, go accompany my friend and entertain him well.” Onew hyung smirked. One of the busty, young and pretty came over and sat beside me. I assumed she was Liz.

“I just want you to enjoy with me. Since you are single, I think it’s time to find a girlfriend.”

Find a girlfriend? I am looking for Jinye and I would not find other girls.

“Hyung, is not that you don’t know there’s a girl in my heart.”

Onew hyung shook his head lightly and sighed, “Forget about her.”

I frowned. There’s no way to forget.

“Hi Jonghyun.” Liz greeted me in her seductively tone. I almost had goosebumps.

“Em hi.”

“Do you want to play with me?” she whispered in my ear and then started caressing my chest.

What the hell. I WANTED TO SHOUT NO. I’m quite disgusted by her!

“No thanks, babe. I better get going.” I stood up.

“Jonghyun, where got you going?” Onew hyung asked and he ushered me to sit down.

“Home.” I shook my head and smiled.

Yet the Liz girl grabbed my arm and said, “I go home with you.”

What a shameless girl!

I panicked, “No.”

“Why not?”

“Go away! Stop pestering me!”I yanked her hand away. She was so irritating.

"ONEW OPPA, HE BULLIED ME!!!" Liz whined.

Oh gosh. 

"Sorry Liz, you have to accompany me again." Onew hyung smiled.

I almost rolled my eyes anyway, "Bye Hyung."

I left the lounge hastily. What a waste of time.

I walked towards my car and… I think I saw that girl who was previously vomiting, again. She looked like she was waiting for a cab. I wanted to make sure she was not Jinye. I approached her cautiously and slowly, before I reached to her, she already went into the cab. AISH. The cab drove past me and…I saw her face.

Were my eyes playing tricks on me?

No.

Am I hallucinating?

No.

Goo Jinye, I saw you.

Where have you been?

I miss you lots.

 

 

 

HELLO LOVELY READERS!

I've updated today, as promised~

Will Jinye and Jonghyun meet officially? "SHRUGS*

I will try to update soon, okay?

Do keep comments coming, to improve my writing!