Chapter 3: Dinosaur

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 3: Dinosaur

 

Jinye’s POV

 

Once the dismissal’s bell rang, I quickly got out of my seat and headed to the exit. I did not want to look at Kim Jonghyun at all. Or should I say, I did not want to look at Dinosaur at all. That’s right; the nickname I gave to him was Dinosaur. Since he loved calling me panda, I should call him names.

 

Kim Jonghyun, I would let you had a taste of being ‘verbal-bullied’.

 

I went to my lockers and took out my backpack.

 

“Hey Panda!” someone shouted at my right ear.

 

“DINOSAUR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I’M TURNING DEAF!” I yelled at that Dinosaur who was right beside me.

 

Everyone one at the corridor turned and stared at me. To avoid further embarrassment, I walked off quickly. Yet, that Dinosaur grabbed my arm.

 

“I beg your pardon? DINOSAUR? YOU CALLING ME DINOSAUR?”

 

 “That’s right, Dinosaur.” I rolled my eyes and pulled off his hand. Without looking at him, I walked away, leaving him speechless.

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

That pabo Panda called me Dinosaur!? I hated people who called me Dinosaur since I’m young. I knew I got perfect facial features and awesome jaw line that many people loved calling me Dinosaur. Panda, I would not spare you already. I would carry on my revenge even though you’re not the one who hurt me but still, your name was GOO JINYE.

 

“Jonghyun hyung, what are you thinking of?” someone patted on my shoulder.

 

I jerked a little and turned. Oh, it was Minho. Minho was my neighbour and my best friend. He was younger than me by few months. He was really smart, he skipped a grade and we studied in the same class. We were bosom friends since young and we had no secrets between us. Should I be guilty that I’m not as smart as Minho? Well not, I’m more talented on Music than academics.

 

“Well nothing, Minho. Let’s go.” I replied as I quickly took out my sling bag from the locker.

 

Minhonodded and smiled. “By the way hyung, are you that close with Goo Jinye?”

 

“Goo Jinye is not my girlfriend anymore. She is studying in America now, how to get close to her?” I joked.

 

“No, I mean that new student, Goo Jinye. Why are you calling her names?”

 

I could not tell Minho about my revenge plan. Judging by his character, he would stop me and even yell at me by all means. I remembered clearly, when I was dumped by that Goo Jinye(my ex-girlfriend), I felt devastated and wanted to strangle her. Luckily, Minho was nearby and stopped me from doing so. He reprimanded me and told me that it was nobody’s fault that she and I could not get together. It was destiny.

 

“I feel like calling her Panda.” I shrugged and smirked.

 

 

Jinye’s POV

 

I reached my new home and was greeted by my stepmother.

 

“Goo Jinye, you’re back. That’s great, mop the floor afterwards!”

 

I gave a mere nod and went upstairs to my room. That sickening , wanted to torture me as soon as I got back from school. Oh yeah, my dad got the money to move into a new house, thus made me changed school. It didn’t matter to me at all, I did not like socializing that much and had no friends. My first day in that school was not that great either, and yet I had to tolerate all these crap from the stepmpther.

 

It was my dad’s fault. He divorced my mom and married a sickening . I was forced to follow dad since he was a CEO of a mobile phone company and got the money to raise me up. My dad wanted to hire a maid but that sickening claimed that she could clean the house on her own. Bull. She did not clean the house AT ALL. I’m the one who clean everything. The whole bungalow was like so big, and I’ve to clean them myself. I’m not allowed to tell this matter to my dad or else that would abuse me badly. At first I did not care about her threats, but once, she beat me up using a wooden stick badly. I had no choice but being a maid here. I changed into my casual clothes and went downstairs to start my housework.

 

“Goo Jinye! You are too slow! You better do this within fifteen minutes or no dinner for you!” that sickening screamed before she went back to her room.

 

I rolled my eyes and continued mopping at my own pace. I would move out of this house one day, I hoped.

 

 

Minho’s POV

 

We were walking back to our houses when it dawned to me that we had a new neighbour.

 

“Hey hyung, there’s a family who moved in recently, right?” I asked as I pointed at the bungalow in front of me.

 

“Yeah, hope there’s girls to flirt with.” Jonghyun hyung replied as he continued walking.

 

“Well, maybe. Bye hyung!” I said as I went into my house.

 

“Bye Minho.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mom, I’m back!” I greeted as I stepped into the house.

 

“Minho! I’ve prepared your favourite porridge, would you like some now?” my mom called back from the kitchen.

 

“Thanks mom, I’ll have it later!”

 

I walked up to my bedroom and laid flat on my comfy bed. I wondered what was Jinye doing now... Aish, why I’m thinking of her? I got out of my bed and changed my school uniform to a singlet. I caught a glimpse of a familiar girl from my windows. I peered off the windows and saw that girl threw a bag of rubbish outside her house. A closer view, I realised that Jinye was my new neighbour! So that new family who just moved in was Jinye’s family? I wanted to hide my happiness but I could not, so I dialed Jonghyun hyung’s number.

 

“Yoboseyo?” Jonghyun answered.

 

“Hey hyung! You know Jinye-”

 

“Stop talking about that panda! I don’t care about her! I want to sleep now. BYE!” Jonghyun hyung interrupted.

 

The line was dead. Well, whatever.