Chapter 24: Danger awaits

You Changed My Life

 

Chapter 24: Danger awaits

 

Minho’s POV

After several minutes, I found my way to my lecture room. Phew, I was not late. I strolled into the lecture room, making sure my smile was plastered perfectly on my face. I noticed many people were looking at me. Especially girls, they were pointing at me and giggling at themselves. Some were even drooling at me. I knew I am good-looking but I wondered why there were more girls than boys in dentistry faculty.

I sat down in a corner of the lecture room; still, I felt all eyes on me.

I actually sat in front of a group of guys, who were talking. I wanted to turn and probably make friends with them but their conversation was really worth eavesdropping. So I just stayed at my seat and listened.

A: Why did Eun Ri call you?

Eun Ri? Someone I knew in my previous school or just some unknown girl?

B: She wanted to ask me to help her to deal with Kim Jonghyun.

C: Kim Jonghyun? You mean Eun Ri’s classmate?

A: Of course.

B: Yes, she wanted me to contact my gangster friends. She was willing to pay my gangster friends a sum of money to attack Kim Jonghyun.

C: WHAT? And you helped her?

B: Not really? I only gave her my friends’ contact number.

A: Why she wanted to deal with Kim Jonghyun? Kim Jonghyun was kind of good looking and such. He was not a bad guy, I thought.

C: Whatever it was, she had feud with Kim Jonghyun. It was not our business anyway. When your friends going to attack Kim Jonghyun, Seungho?

B: Today. 9pm. Eun Ri said she wanted everything done by today. She said the venue was some alley beside XYZ lounge. I’ve been there before and the girls there were quite hot!

A: YES! Eun Ri brought me there before! She introduced me her friend and her friend was way so beautiful! Her friend’s name was er…Jinye? I did not have chance to ask her out since I am taken…

C: We should go there next time to meet her!

WHAT? Jonghyun hyung was going to be attacked by tonight?! I tried to stay calm and everything. I wanted to rush out my lecture room and tell hyung about this, but just damn it, the teacher just came in and I could not ruin my precious first impression!

I only left to tell him after the lectures end. Jonghyun hyung, please, don’t go.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

My lecture just ended. Nothing got into my head; I just want to pull Eun Ri and questioned her. Why the heck she wanted to meet me somewhere dark and I’m not acquainted to her.

“EUN RI!” I shouted as I saw her leaving the auditorium.

She turned towards me, and she knew I was calling her. She just smirked and said, “Yes, Jjong?”

I hated her for calling that, I not sure why. She was not even my friend and I really could not know her motives. She probably still having those crazy crushes on me again. She was just an annoying , she looked pretty but she had a personality I disliked. I only get know to her to use her, in the past. I knew I was wrong by now, but I just did not like to get close with her. I just wanted to clear everything up, andI did not want to go there, I mean anywhere near Jinye’s work place. I wanted to forget everything, really.

“Don’t call me that,” I spoke. “Why do you even want to meet me tonight? Why will I even regret if I don’t meet you?”

“Oh Kim Jonghyun, you will find out tonight. Just come as you told,” she smirked again.

“Eun Ri, damn it. Can you please at least tell me the reason why I have to meet you? I have other things to do and-”

“Damn it, Jonghyun. It’s about Jinye. She told me to ask you come and meet her there. She is giving you a chance, just come or you regret,” Eun Ri walked off.

What…? JINYE ASKED ME TO GO THERE? SHE WAS GIVING ME A CHANCE? AM I DREAMING?

I stared at the post-it with a smile.

 

Kim Jonghyun:

Meet at 9pm. The alley beside XYZ Lounge. You better come, if not you will regret.

 

Jinye’s POV

I felt uneasy ever since Eun Ri left my house. I not sure why, the feeling was getting heavier and weird. I applied the last step of my entire make up and prepared to head to work.

I still could not forget what Eun Ri had said earlier in the morning.

“I have thugs as friends.”

“I have thugs as friends.”

“I have thugs as friends.”

What would thugs do? Would they beat the hell up of Jonghyun and made him crippled forever? Would they disfigure Jonghyun’s face? Would they…

I could not help thinking further, many far-worse scenarios in my head. What if...what if Jonghyun was killed?!

I shook off those stupid thoughts in my head. Thugs would not attempt murder right? That would be a death-sentence for them if they did that…

And why should I be worrying for Jonghyun, pfft.

I left the house and hailed a cab to work.

I hope nothing bad happens.

 

Minho’s POV

I called Jonghyun hyung’s phone and it seemed that his battery was flat. I went to look for him in his faculty but I was told that his one and only lecture of the day was already ended. I had to attend classes and night study till 8pm because I had a lot of things to catch up.

*************************

I took a cab to his house and found no one there. I glanced at my watch. 8:55pm. , I believed he was on his way to the lounge! HE WAS GOING TO BE KILLED!

I quickly dialled his number again (was doing so since 8pm). Damn, why he did not charge his stupid phone?!  

I took a cab once again, to XYZ Lounge. I sent a message to Jinye, telling her to try to stop the stupid fight later on. I not sure if she would help. I not sure if she already knew about this or not.  I just need 20 more minutes, wait for me, Jonghyun hyung…

 

Author’s POV

Jonghyun entered the dark alley alone. It was not exactly dark, faint moonlight was shone into the dark alley. He could still manage to see things in the dark. He could see no one had come yet. He felt something would happen to him, but he could not figure out why as his right eyelid was twitching. He was just a normal human; he could not predict his future.

He leaned against the dirty wall and stared at his watch. It was 8:58pm, Eun Ri and Jinye were not here. He was waiting his watch to move to 9pm, because he did not want to wait to see her. He had sworn to himself earlier in his car that he would not let Jinye go again. He really loved her, he thought of her every night; he still remembered her unforgettable fruity scent. He wanted to hug her tight and let her fruity sense enticed him; he wanted to hold her hands and would never let go; he wanted to kiss her to show that he loved her.

He was determined to make Jinye went back to his side. He was going to apologise to her first. If one apology was not enough to get forgiveness, he was willingly to apologise 1000000 times.

He was silly, he knew. He was confident, he knew. He glanced at the full moon on the starry sky. He smiled, this time he was going to bath with the moonlight. It was not going to signify that today was a lonely night, but probably a happy night with a lover by his side.

He glanced at his watch. 1 more minute left. He felt excitement crept in, and he started to pace around.

“Kim Jonghyun.” He began to look up at the direction where the source came from.

He was disappointed.

The person in front of him was Eun Ri. Only Eun Ri.

“Where is Jinye?” he asked.

“She’s not coming, my dear.” She laughed, somehow evilly.

 

Hi my dear readers, sorry for this late update! I think there are 3 or less chapters for this story! Are you happy? I'm able to finish this story, which was started out like last year? So long right? But I love you all, readers! :D Comments are loved and appreciated :D